Why of course you can have morals without God, haven't you heard of moral relativism...

>Why of course you can have morals without God, haven't you heard of moral relativism? My morals that coincidentally coincide with traditional Christian values have only been derived from rejection of the current SJW zeitgeist and so are absolutely true for this time... I don't need any magic sky fairies telling me what to do even though it took me 10 years to arrive at the same position I could have ended up in 1 by reading the magic sky fairy's simple book...
>What, how will I pass my morals down to my children then at least? Heh, I think you will find I will avoid that problem...

Atheists of Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDhtJZBelHI
youtube.com/watch?v=_PoyRKS9Sy0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how is this related to Sup Forumsitics

go back to your containment board

I make my own morals cunt.

So do I

*murders your entire family*

>B-but user that's wrong

Bitch you can't tell me what's wrong for you should be wrong for me

>MUH WHITE RACE

>MUH KEY AND LOCK, FUCK BITCHES AND HOS

>DIE VIRGIN

atheists and LARPagans of Sup Forums

Atheists are far less degenerate and arguably more moral than most Christians these days. Pic related. Atheists are literally cucking themselves for Jesus.

*aren't

Moral Relativism don't exist. There are clear universal values that we should follow. Christianity was the thing that stopped Europeans from becoming soulless like Asians.

>>What, how will I pass my morals down to my children then at least? Heh, I think you will find I will avoid that problem...

my fucking sides holy shit

If it doesnt exist explain why muslims can casually fuck children while euros are disgusted.

Islam is evil

It's because Muslims are unenlightened savages, who doesn't have any morals, and needs morality brought to them through the barrel of a gun.

Every atheist I've met has not been a normal person. They have some personal grudge against God and take shots every chance they get. They also have some social disorders and attitude problems.

Not Christian. Just a virtue signaling cuck.

Matthew 6:1
Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Not an argument. Just a "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

No True Scotsman would be you saying communists or Leftists aren't atheist.

We actually have a big fucking book called the Word of God that sets the rules.

Nah, cunt - you don't know what you are talking about. You advanced a fallacious argument, and you got btfo. Walk it off, faggot. And don't tell me about the logos - early church fathers ripped that concept off of greek philosophers like Heraclitus.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDhtJZBelHI

Creationists

But muslims think christians are evil.
But muslims do have morals

>le atheist are loser maymay
OOK OOK EEK EEK is all you religious types can do.

Yeah, it's also fun how christianity coincidentally coincide with common sense and decent behavior that MAN has made up as manual for other men, so what's your point? Christianity took it's tenest either from atheist or different religions before it (which are also man-made = made by atheists)

Euros are humans, Muslims are not, pretty simple desu.

>Atheists are far less degenerate and arguably more moral than most Christians these days

Middle eastern people are genetically classified as humans.

Even if we create our own morals and it is truly relative, are we bound to those morals? If so by what? Our conscience? That already applies in every other morality…
Am I bound to my own subjective conscience? Ought I do good by my own standards?
Why should I do good rather than evil?

Why does everyone forget that subjective morality just delays the question?

Most atheists on earth live in China, moral capital of the universe

>coincidentally coincide with common sense and decent behavior

You only think it's "common sense" because you live on a Christianized world.

Is it common sense that we shouldn't torture dogs for fun and then eat them? Or that we shouldn't just abandon infants on the roadside if we don't want them?

How about abortion?

I used to call myself an atheist, even anti-theist (Hitchens was a very fine man and I strove to emulate him a little when I was younger), but I have since reached the conclusion that while I can't bring myself to believe in a higher power, I can see the social advantages of faith.

It's a way to stamp out degeneracy without resorting to moral legislation—abortion, for example, shouldn't be illegal, but it should have a huge social stigma and be used only as a last resort.

Religion fills the gap v nicely.

...Sage (ID: M8CIOGef)
07/26/16(Tue)22:51:19 No.82961452
(OP) #

Look faggot I know you are fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

>implying morals and politics aren't intertwined

aussie might be shitposting, but if you followed american politics, you'd know that the new alt-rights ""christian"" morality is different than the GOPs ""christian"" morality in origin, but they share common beliefs in practice

Current Christian values are derived from secular/society values. True Christian values would look a lot like Islam if they actually followed the Bible literally. But Christianity thankfully was diluted and formed around our current society. Also there is no objective moral standard, it depends on what we as a society agree on as a whole. Get over it. Yep, maybe there isn't some all powerful golden standard, maybe it's just us humans who have to work things out on our own. Waah. Don't be a bitch, and get better argument that don't revolve around presupposition.

All argument involves presupposition. And the New Testament abrogates most of the Mosaic Laws by its own

>look a lot like Islam
you even read the bible, last time I checked we don't blow ourselves(and you) up, rape little kids (except catholics), throw acid on womens faces, and otherwise force by the sword or beliefs on others,

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.Numbers 31:1-18
>www lad

>Current Christian values are derived from secular/society values.
right because Bible endorses Gay marriage...

Alright, as a thought experiment let's pretend that an Abrahamic God was never conceived by some goat farmer, how would we live now?
It's as if people think that the societies that are most successful aren't how we're meant to live.

The majority of people don't rape/kill/steal because of empathy, then because of family retribution, then the law, then religion.

>inb4 tips fedora
I honestly hope you do

My point with presupposition is that theists assume God exists and then try to cram """evidence""" to support the theory. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I am in the same position but I'm still an idealist, I just don't think religion is worth these benefits. Even though many, even most, religious people hold beliefs that don't necessarily conflict with science or progress, there will come a time when everything about religion is discredited. There simply won't be room for people with faith.

>muh New Testament meme
Nuh dude

*unironically tips fedora*
(2 layers of irony, to be clear)

Commandments to the ancient Israelites do not and have never applied to Gentiles

I shouldn't have said derived. I meant that current Christian values are simply secular values that are said to be originally Christian. They then cherry pick quotes from the Bible that support love, tolerance, or whatever while ignoring the mountains of contradictory quotes

youtube.com/watch?v=_PoyRKS9Sy0

And my point with presupposition is that atheists assume God doesn't exist and then try to cram """evidence""" to support the theory. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

>thank God for secularism and nihilism
>if not for it, we'd actually have a Right-wing government where women couldn't vote and gays couldn't exist
>get over it

> coincide with traditional Christian values
These values "coincide" with pretty much any religion, or philosophy ever made. Just as if people would arrive at a similiar system, as to have an ordered society.

/end slide-thread

I can't even

I am so fucking baffled that we still can't get past the burden of proof here. Although I can't see the theist side surviving without this so i guess it makes sense

I can list more quotes about child rape and sexual slavery from judges and exodus, but obviously you're just going to pull the "muh historical context" argument. Too bad theists don't apply that same line of reasoning when they want to use the Bible to support their agenda.

>The majority of people don't rape/kill/steal because of empathy, then because of family retribution, then the law, then religion.
You're taking Bible too literally. Religion is about culture/tradition. Some cultures are more empathetic than other because of their religion. For example, in India a lot of people don't care about the poor because in Hinduism suffering is natural. Much of Hindus are apathetic towards the poor because of their philosophy and believe that some people are meant to suffer because of fate. Chritianity isn't perfect either. But it's morals have shaped the culture that has made West different from other cultures

Morals arent real, but all because they arent doesnt mean people should be shitty since we all pretend they're real and people who dont have them usually are not very good at helping society.

Ooooooooo can you

Why would you though when you think "rape = bad" is just a fucking arbitrary opinion?

Define being shitty. Your fedora cousins say that being white and male is being shitty, even evil, but being gay and colored is good. You have no morality, only emotion.

Don't confuse the legal burden of proof with the logical burden of proof

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative

Atheism isn't the positive assertion that God does not exist because that is a null hypothesis and logically impossible. When we do say "god X,Y,Z does not exist" we are using a pragmatic statement that revolves around the actual definition of atheism: there is no evidence for the existence of any gods so we do not believe in them. That's it. Learn about burden of proof please, it would stop us from having to repeat ourselves constantly.

Atheism is a void of nothingness and aimless angst, except against God and parents. It's why Islam is raping the West.

Assuming your null hypothesis is true when it is in fact false is called a Type II error

"Shitty" is subjective and is usually decided by society as a whole.
Also morals are inherently emotional and thats fine since nobody wants to look at their lives from a completely logical point of view

I'm thankful because if Christianity wasn't it's diluted form, our country would resemble the middle east. The Westboro Baptist Church is closer to true Christianity than anyone else because they follow the Bible very closely. Yes, get over the fact that objective morality is false and that we are a society of humans doing our best

Whom did the WBC murder and behead? And how many?

If I tell you that I can fly, what would you say?
>prove it
That is the burden of proof we are talking about. It is the standard for proving arguments and theories since the beginning of time. Don't play stupid semantic games, just admit you don't have a solid argument or go get a sufficient one.

If you want evidence of absence, the problem of evil will do fine. If you're not familiar with it then you're not a worthy opponent.
This particular hypothesis cannot be tested given that it is unfalsifiable and thereby is a worthless idea.

Nihlists are the dumbest people ever known to man. You couldn't reason yourself out of a paper bag.

If you said you can't fly I'm perfectly entitled to demand you prove it

And you can easily prove it by simply failing to fly (without the aid of a plane or something similar)

No, no, no bong. Read my post again. I didn't say they follow the book to the last letter. That would be bad and that would look like Islam. I'm saying that the WBC takes the Bible literally and to heart a certain degree MORE than anyone else. Therefore making them the most true form of Christians we have

>not a worthy opponent

It's a scientifically worthless idea. But that idea itself is the only possible source of objective worth

>My morals that coincidentally coincide with traditional Christian values

What are traditional christian values and how can you prove that these are inded the christian values or the values God would want?

Tip: I only listen to those that prove to be chosen by God with astounding divine power that allows them to make savagely impressive miracles

>your point of view and arguments are wrong
>ur dumb
>I won't prove it, but y-yeah you're a retard heh
Ok bud

>the problem of evil will do fine

No, it won't, as the bible constantly yaps about the world being infested with demons, if anything the ammount of evil in the wolrd proves God.

And how is the WBC comparable to any Middle Eastern acts of horror?

If WBC read the Bible literally they wouldn't sue people to amass a small fortune. The Bible is explicitly anti-wealth.

also, "true Christians" for millennia have known that you don't read the Bible "literally," you read it artistically and treat its tall tales as parable. The "dumb Christian who believes every animal was on a boat" is a modern phenomenon.

Evil is just an abstract concept humans made up to describe thinsg that make them feel disgust or negative empathy.

You argue circular logic. You can't possibly be wrong because nothing matters.

>hurr objective morality doesn't exist
>everything is fine
>we'd be muslims if we were christian
>im wrong you're right
>don't call me dumb or you lose the argument

You are the definition of liberalism and nihilism. Your entire existence is decay, selfishness, and insanity.

>(((evangelical christians)))

god goyim

I don't give a fuck about the bible. I give a fuck about the fact that an all powerful force for good and literally any evil cannot coexist.

I can fly, you just haven't seen me do it. Usually I only fly when no one else is looking. Here, look at the notebook. I have listed the dates and locations of everywhere I have flown.

>I don't give a fuck about what I talk about

Then you don't deserve to be paid attention and this is my last post.

Everything will cease to exist one day therefore nothing matters retard, NOTHING AT ALL, your stupid emotions are the only reason you will disgree with this.

Good thing I believe in drowned god and pay the iron price everytime I go buy groceries.

>baited you into fedora meme
I'm actually proud to be a neckbeard, except for the fact that I shave.

>aussie
>1 post
>almost 99 replies

That was a good bait.

>nothing matters
>everything dies

Then kill yourself, or are you scared that you'll end up in hell?

>but i like being alive

Irrelevant. Nothing matters, not even what you like.

there's some True Detective Rustin Cohle edgy fedora-tier pseudo nihilsm in this thread i swear to Christ

you people fell for every jewish meme

>I have listed the dates and locations of everywhere I have flown.

If you flew in this day and age it's impossible for there not to have been at least some witnesses of it

I'm gonna have to see cross-reference your list with any witness statements in those areas

I never mentioned the bible you're just being narrow. I'm sure someone else will pick this up.

My morals come from the society I grew up in and from my own experience in life. So do yours and everyone else in the world. It's just some people like you like to pretend their book said it first. Sorry you're getting so emotional and that my different point of view triggers you.

There is nothing wrong with Nihilism you retard and I will cease to exist one day might as well try to enjoy my limited time at existing rather than speed up the inevitable.

Something doesn't need to matter in order to be enjoyed.

These jew conspiracy theories are starting to get absurd.

>nothing matters
>enjoy yourself
>nothing matters
>enjoy yourself

Ironic meming or not, this is what fedoras actually think.

>atheism isn't pushed by degenerates and jews since day 1

pls don't

Nothing objectively matters. There isn't an inherit meaning or purpose to anything. So what's the solution? Do I kill myself? Do I wallow in depression? Or do I create my own purpose, my own goals, my own meaning? Of course this isn't sufficient to you because a desert jew didn't write it down in a old ass book and therefore has no ""authority.""" But it's the standard I love by and it's all we got when you get down to it

They're the culmination of Cultural Marxism and Cultural Suicide. I'm not even joking

Humans were always atheist user when you are born you have no concept of God in your head, nor do the animals even the sapient ones believe in your sky jew. Atheism is the default state of humanity religion is just a psychological madness humans use to deal with the inevitability of ceasing to exist as all humans have made up horseshit to explain them existing after death. Its like religious thought is an instinct dominant in the stupid.

You don't have anything. You're an empty vessel. A self serving insect. You are the best goy.

I flew around in an area where there weren't any people. I listed a few people I saw and talked to, they're in my notebook too don't worry

None of us are marxist, your conspiracy theories are again getting absurd.

Cool. I won't believe you until I've read these accounts first