Luke Cage Storytime Part 2

Here we go, the part of Luke's story that everyone remembers!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And the legacy capcha is still garbage. Did New Moot change it, or am I just unlucky?

>"YOU BUSTED MY HAND WHEN I HIT YOU!"

How many shirts does Cage go through?

Holy shit, he actually tried using both hands.
The absolute madman.

Honestly, I think he's went through a shirt every issue. I'd have to check the last thread to see if that's true.

And sudden these random gangsters have freaking lasers.

Dun dun dun!

DUN DUN DUN

>"I needed a black"

I'm a 90's brat, so I don't know. Was this calling black people "a black" back in the 70's PC, or were they showing Doom as racist?

I think most of his income goes to new shirts.

Especially since he gets Silk shirts. I wonder if that's why modern Cage doesn't have a costume. Replacing them gets expensive.

>Doom is sad that no one wants to move to Latveria
This sounds... Weird.

Awww yeah, this is the best story.

Not really racist. This was back when you had movies with nigger right in the title.
youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c

Last time we storytimed this was such a blast.

I admit, I'm not a much on politics or economics, but Doom could probably use foreign money.

Wow, times sure have changed.

Network crapped out again, so the posting will be slower for a bit.

It's on now.

Now the part you've all been waiting for!

More people=More power.

Huh, does anybody know what the deal with Medusa being an FF member is?

H
O
N
E
MONEY

It's Doom, the only power he cares about is personal power.

George Tuska huh? I'll have to look him up.

Invisible Girl was going through personal issues, took a break from the F4, Medusa filled in for her because Fantastic Three doesn't have the same ring to it.

>"Hey, gimme one of your super rockets."
>"A rocket? W-"
>"I need to fuck up Doom."
>"Oh, sure. Here you go."

YES!

I would hang out with this Reed.

He was big with Captain Marvel during the Fawcett days.

Reed was a good dude during the Silver Age, which I think this technically is.

Most people only talk about Luke kicking in Doom's door, they never mention he randomly joins a Latverian Revolution.

I'd say this is more Bronze Age, but Reed was still a fairly good dude then. When was the exact point when Reed started being unlikable?

A Robot Revolution.

>he randomly joins a Latverian Revolution.
To get his $200!

Don't most people say the Bronze Age officially starts with Death of Gwen Stacy?
Speaking of, should we get to the part where JJ hires Luke to take down Spidey after he kills Osborn?

Somebody pointed out that Doom's guards look like Pooh cosplayers last time and now I will never unsee it.

>should we get to the part where JJ hires Luke to take down Spidey after he kills Osborn?
That sounds good.

Never stiff Luke Cage on a paycheck.

God damn it user, now I see it too.

Say it with me, Anons.

WHERE'S
MY
MONEY
HONEY

That's a convenient cutting off point, but when you have hero that got framed for heroin possession who gets in fights with legless 'Nam vets, "Silver Age" is not what comes to mind.

To be fair, that wasn't a real 'Nam vet, it was a lunatic supervillain who planned to nuke a city because nobody had any Christmas Spirit, which makes as much sense as a lot of Silver Age villain plans.

So either Doom's armor or one of his Doombots (not sure which is worse) is weak to getting punched.

Bronze Age had plenty of crazy too, it just was more socially conscious crazy.

Everything is weak to getting punched, it's just a matter of how hard the punch is.

LOL, Doom you chump. I hope he made himself some better armor after this.

Doom made his only weakness being punched in the chest a bunch of times. That's just... so great.

user.
Nuke
Christmas Spirit
Christmas Carol

Last night, barring Black Mariah was actually less blaxploitative than I was actually expecting.

But man is this clearly from the early 70s. Like, Luke Cage's office is in a run down second-run movie theater on Broadway right by Times Square. There's no time in recent memory that a sketchy private detective would have an office situation like that in that area.

Gunsel actually has two meanings- One, the usage I think intended here, is a gun wielding thug.

The other is a gay man. Particularly on who is in prison.

I do not know if Archie Goodwin was aware of this.

I wonder how much paying work he's missing by getting involved in this revolution.

Didn't someone say that there was a Fallout mission reminiscent of this story?

I don't care what anybody says, I hope this is the real doom, just for this page.
Not only does Doom laugh (and seemingly not an evil laugh), but he admits respect for someone, and that someone is LUKE CAGE.

Love it.

Dude, $200, and that's in the 70's.

I like the mental image of Cage just standing there, counting the money and holding it up to the light to check for counterfeits, right in front of Doom.

Was this series written for girls/women? Because I think he loses shirts mostly to up the considerable beefcake factor of this series.

Speaking of things we can read, does anybody want to do the stuff when Luke joins the FF as Ben's replacement?

If it's as fun as this, definitely.

quick google says ~$1,144.79 in todays money

Well, he IS tracking down stolen technology.

Probably not.

I don't think Byrne ever retconned this.

... Honestly, I'd skip a day's work for that kind of money. But I'm a freaking pizza delivery guy and I don't think I make that in a month.

Luke's just starting out, and he hasn't taken that many cases yet really, so being swindled out of that is significant to him.

Respect>Money

SENOR MUETRE
U
E
R
T
E

More people living in Latveria means more people praising him under threat of death.

Also, the regular purges he engages in have to outpace the birth rate pretty easily.

Taken out of context, you could tell this is from the 70's just from looking at it.

Aw yiss, now we get back to Frank Jenks.

What thread is that from, user? I NEED to see that. It may still be in the archives.

Luke punched that guy so hard, his mask exploded!

He seems to be a really solid Marvel House Style guy at least going from this run so far.

Very reminiscent of the Buscema bros.

This one

>I admire this man's spunk

Medusa, please, you haven't even gotten his pants off, you harlot.

Also, Reed okaying this to dick with Doom is fair play after the decade of harassment Doom's unleashed on the FF by this point.

Huh, go figure.

>Also, Reed okaying this to dick with Doom is fair play after the decade of harassment Doom's unleashed on the FF by this point.

It's not like he doesn't deserve it.

Also kinda shortsighted given how often he ends up antagonizing Ben Grimm.

This was a villain that only exists because Englehart thought of a funny spanish pun.

I'd actually love it if some version of this guy were to make it into the Luke Cage show.

At one point, Ben fights Luke.
Ben is WAY stronger. Like, it's not even funny. He gets smacked into a building so hard, the building falls down.

>This was a villain that only exists because Englehart thought of a funny spanish pun.
It's so cheesy, but I love it.

No. It's neutral.

The fact that doom pats him on the shoulder is another indicator. They probably would not have even shown that on network TV in 1972.

Things go in and out of fashion all the time
Negro to colored, to black, to african american, to people of color,

It's a commentary on the cold war. Doom's country is sometimes a stand in for an eastern european warsaw pact dictatorship. The idea of defectors coming to the west more than they went to the soviets was a big point of contention and pride.

There's really only a few villains that Luke has that are memorable. He's one of them.