Is the expanse worth watching?

I'm only interested because this character/makeup is very very appealing to me

Season 1 is okay. Season 2 deviates too far from the books and ends up in the hell of internal inconsistency.

It's a damn fine sci-fi show where they try their best to portray actual physics in their scenes.

also, drummer is waifu material but don't epxect to see her until S2 and she's only in a few episodes

somewhat book spoilers though i'm getting a feeling they are going to give Michio Pa's part in the book to Drummer in the season ahead

>damn fine
>reddit spacing

I like it.

It is worth watching, but beware of the main guy. Because holy shit that guy couldn't act his way out of kindergarten

k

Drummer best spacefu

season 2 was pretty fucking lame desu, Once Thomas Janes character is out of the picture it goes to shit.

*tips fedora*

She's already Drummer and Sam. I'm guessing she ends up taking Bull's spot rather than Pa, since that will fit better with her relationship to Fred, the Roci, etc.

are you intentionally spoil it for him you faggot?

Beautiful woman and makeup, I agree.

Her accent is very hot as well.

I liked it, apart from the main plot point it tries it's hardest to be hard sci-fi and it captures the discomfort and claustrophobia of space travel pretty well.

Its only good 'coz of merc_wip.jpg

bookfags did that all season long, just paying it forward.

jk didn't mean to

>reddit spacing

How do people know this sort of stuff?

Since that is your only reason, no, don't watch it. It isn't for you.

you call that makeup?

you call that sci-fi?

Yeah

I tried watching it and the camera work just felt so fucking gross and cheap despite great looking sets and design to everything. It comes off as shitty cheap cable and not something I want to spend time on.

Why is she white with an abo nose? What sane white person could breed with those things?

Yes, I found it to be very fruitful. Enjoy OP.

Pretty good show.

Books turn to shit from book 3 and onward though.

How do/why? I was abt to pick up the expanses book and American gods books cause I like the shoes so much.

Obvious spoilers for those that haven't watched all episodes of the show: The books don't really bother with the ayllmao storyline and just kind of ignore it / have it in the background. Particuarly book 5 and 6 are drama filled shitfests, and read much more like young adult books for teenage girls than the sci-fi books it started out as.

Specifically the big bad guy in books 5 / 6 is a complete incompetent retard that never ends up being a threat after his initial strike. Yet we're stuck with this storyline for 2 whole books.

The fourth book is rather meh as well, but at least it tries to introduce some more ayllmao stuff. The big issue is though that this whole series still revolves around muh belters vs inner planets. And of course being a Muslim analogy the Belters are good bois who din do nuffin wrong just need mo money for dem growt hormones n shiit, #notallbelters #killallinners

Just embarrassing that they're turning an interesting concept into a political analogy.

Oh and over half the people in the later books are some combination of mixed race, homosexual and/or polygamous to the point where it's just pushy and in your face for them SJW points.

I'm not this guy, but for me the books go downhill because the author isn't particularly good at developing plots or characters, and the books shift heavily from cool sci-fi stories to character stories. I walked away from the latest one because I was just too bored.

I'll probably pick it back up after a break, because it might get good again if the aliens come back into the focus.