What was President Clinton like?

What was President Clinton like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vus3vRmACNQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Political_ramifications
youtube.com/watch?v=vHfbpL0NDmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was very charismatic and most people really didn't understand the shit he passed. Mind you he just signed it, congress was still the ones who made the bills. Things like NAFTA and Glass–Steagall set the groundwork for the shitty financial situation we have today. But it was the time of monster economies, so no one cared.

He was a party president. Straight baller.

He made America fun again

I actually liked him, except for his retarded gun laws.

child rapist
/thread

He signed the DMCA, which allows media corporations to figuratively rape your grandma. Just like Hillary, Trump, or Sanders, he is an old man that is lucky to turn his computer on at all.

Imagine having the best used car salesman as president.

typical boomer that had no clue

>DMCA
>letting osama bin laden get away repeatedly
>NAFTA
>Glass–Steagall repeal that fueled the financial crisis
>forcing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to lend to shittier subprime borrowers, which fueled the financial crisis (Bush white house tried to have more oversight over the two in the 2000s, but Dems blocked it and the GSEs lobbied heavily)
He was pretty shit and much of what he did fuels the problems we have now

It was like heaven on Earth. His like we will never have again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vus3vRmACNQ

Only for 9/11 and Obama to say "No Fun Allowed"

NAFTA
DMCA
Gramm-Leach-Bliley

The guy signed into law everything that wrecked the world a decade later. He put the entire world economy on the credit card and we all had a party.

It was good times, though. The Cold War ended. No more worrying about apocalyptic nuclear death from the skies,. Terrorism was a thing that was in the movies. The economy was doing great (for the above reasons), cars were starting to be good again after 2 decades of shit, video games went 16-bit and then 3D, and there was X-Files. Probably the last decade where there was genuinely nothing to complain about or worry about.

Impeached over a blow job. Other than that it was party time.

Absolutely awful. See
>DMCA
>letting osama bin laden get away repeatedly
>NAFTA
>Glass–Steagall repeal that fueled the financial crisis
>forcing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to lend to shittier subprime borrowers, which fueled the financial crisis (Bush white house tried to have more oversight over the two in the 2000s, but Dems blocked it and the GSEs lobbied heavily)

It was the best 8 years in human history.

Excellent post, leaf.

Yeah but none of those things happened until Bush, so is a more accurate depiction of what a Clinton presidency was actually like at the time.

A lot like a nigger.

An egotistical, womanizing jerk.

He was a Democrat at a time when Democrats weren't cucks

He was a fucking playa, I mean he got a blowie from a secretary in the Oval Office for fuck's sake, can you imagine Obama doing anything even remotely as based as that?

Obama the type of nigga to ask his wife for permission every time he wants sex

did he seriously get impeachemnt because a slut suck his dick at the white house or it's just a meme and something bigger actually happened?

Best most coherent politics possible. Anti vs. Pro NAFTA - easy - Anti/Pro War Balanced Budget Amendment or HillaryCare - Don't Ask Don't Tell was cool

Both parties felt dignified. Republicans WERE the party that Libertarians want to be right now.

Right wing passed around bootleg videos on VHS with all kinds of murder and sin conspiracy theories about HRC.

A comfy time to be alive, you just could decide to either love or hate The Clintons and your life was locked in and you could read a book or watch Nirvana or something.

He wasn't impeached for a blowjob, he was impeached for lying about that blowjob under oath.

It was Republican witch hunting though and they got BTFO.

He authorized the bombing of a city I was in at the time. I didn't know enough to be afraid, but the fear of people around me seemed contagious, and I became very sad and depressed for that evening.

Technically the impeachment was because he didn't admit to it on national television when they first asked him about it. The blowjob itself was completely legal.

good but in the non sustainable things are going to get a whole lot worse but fuck it lets enjoy the good time while they last.

it was used as a media smoke screen because the clintons where dealing with china at the time

HOw did they knew that happened? who talked? Is it true that americans still makes fun of him for that?

We didn't know.

Prez Clinton was impeached but it was ceremonial. So far only Nixon has lost his presidency from a prosecution and then resigned.

I learned from Bill Clinton's Impeachment trial that blow jobs don't count as sex.

ajjjj puši kurac klintonee ahahaha

The internet economical boom happened during his presidency and the democucks like to pretend like it was his doing

He was le cool and hip, real swell minus that poor bastard janitor he bombed in an aspirin factory.

>>>

He was alright
>economy boom
>budget surplus (although repub. house helped with that)
>comfy times
>no SJWs

Last good president of the USA. Both Bush and Obama were dogshit.

>He wasn't impeached for a blowjob, he was impeached for lying about that blowjob under oath.
Correct.

>It was Republican witch hunting though and they got BTFO.
Everyone knows that the dems were going to vote against finding him guilty and he would stay in office. It undermined Clinton and the democratic party:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Political_ramifications
>While Clinton's job approval rating rose during the Lewinsky scandal and subsequent impeachment, his poll numbers with regard to questions of honesty, integrity and moral character declined. As a result, "moral character" and "honesty" weighed heavily in the next presidential election. According to The Daily Princetonian, after the 2000 presidential election, "post-election polls found that, in the wake of Clinton-era scandals, the single most significant reason people voted for Bush was for his moral character."

There's argument over whether Clinton's behavior itself was a key part of Gore losing, or Gore's minimal association with him throughout the campaign because he didn't want people to associate with Clinton's hijinks.

Kosovo sucked.

He's married to Hillary.

A slippery chode.

He didn't balance the budget, by the way.

Newt and his cronies did as a bargaining chip to not impeach Billiam.

But some of you wouldn't know that because you're retarded.

What city was that?

Dimitrovgrad?

He let gays in the army as long as they didn't tell. But they all told...

No, not in Bulgaria. I was in Belgrade, my dad had work there.

Bugarin u Srbiji, zanimljivo. Kako si dospeo kod nas covece? :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

>implying he had anything to do with the proliferation of personal computers and internet causing an economic boom
If anything his shit policies popped that bubble early.

He was in the right place at the right time and did everything wrong.

Man, I can't speak Serbian. I can understand it, of course, but thats all.
My father, his wife and her sister were with me, we stayed with some relative woman, I can't remember what relative, and she spoke fancy Ivan Vazov tier high bulgarian.
My dad and the men left us to go do work, and I was too young to be afraid, but the women kept saying be calm, don't be afraid, its all going to be alright, kept hugging me and shit, they basically made me become afraid.
There was some crying, because they were worried the men (my dad and some person related to our host lady, maybe her husband) would be hurt, which they weren't.
There were noises, at one point the building started feeling like its shaking and dust fell from the ceiling, so we got under the flimsy table for a few minutes.
After that it was just sitting around waiting, time passing by very slowly, until I fell asleep.

The tl;dr version is that everyone was feeling afraid and sad, so I was also afraid and sad, and it was a depressing few days until the mood recovered.
We moved house a few months later, so I imagine whatever my father did made him a quick buck. We came and went empty handed, so it wasn't selling anything, just talking, dunno.

Do you come back here sometimes?

No, but I've been meaning to. I'm just sort of a hermit, so I have nobody to travel with, and I end up not traveling.

>What was President Clinton like?
basically he was
this: and this: but this sums up the times in which he presided.

He was (is) the teflon president that ppl will still to this day not hold him responsible for the shit he did. Even his worst critics during this time would talk about how charming he was. He could sell freezers to Eskimos.

he made me do exercise.

also something about cuban children in closets?

drunk
youtube.com/watch?v=vHfbpL0NDmw

>What was President Clinton like?

He is well liked both now and when he was a president even though his "good economy" was an enormous bubble he had the Federal Reserve make, and was a corrupt sociopath piece of shit that passed gun control and all kinds of shit-tier economic reforms and treaties that fucked us over hard in the long run (see: NAFTA).

I'll go against the grain and state that repealing Glass-Steagal was generally a good idea, and most people (including Sup Forumslacks) have no fucking idea what they're talking about when it comes to economics or economic history.

He lied about it under oath during a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him. That's a felony for anyone but a Clinton.

>it's almost as if there is a pattern