Please tell me this won't be shit

please tell me this won't be shit

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/fiore/4005-10541/
preacher.wikia.com/wiki/Fiore
youtube.com/watch?v=2HEHVjRLEes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They changed the thing possessing him to be an alien and there won't be angels, st of killers or the church military force.
What do you think?

They changed Lucifer here and there and it turned out rather decent. So we'll see.

DeBlanc, Fiore, and Genesis are in it though...

Ouch.

this won't be shit

my dick still throbs

If you think Lucifer is "decent" I'm sure this shit sandwich will go down pretty good.

Maybe since Genesis is an alien, this will all be a riff on Scientology (which frankly would be fucking great as I think of it).

Lucifer was an amazing comic turned into a passable television show with no connection to the original source material aside from a few names. They didn't pull out some amazing adaptation that was improved by all the changes. It was clearly less than it's source material they were just smart enough to steer the show into mediocrity instead of a complete disaster.

Not as angels or divine entities.
Fiore for example was an angel but they changed him to government agent.
Comic version angel:
comicvine.gamespot.com/fiore/4005-10541/
TV version g-man:
preacher.wikia.com/wiki/Fiore

Won't be seen as a "Comic show" by regular audiences, will drown in the glut of supernatural series and it's own unwillingness to be controversial and edgy like the comic book.
Constantine showed exactly how successful this watered down formula is now.

Lucifer's appeal is directly proportional to your willingness to listen to British-accented snark in an incredibly dumb plot.
So Dr Who fans should have ate that shit up.

>Preacher
>Can't be religiously controversial at all
>Mustn't be too violent (or sexual) for AMC
>Watch the language too!

Who was the dumb faggot who greenlit this idea?

It will be as good as Lucifer.

Which is to say, it will be a pile of hippo shit.

>all the racism and mysogony will be toned down and family friendly
This really pisses me off. All the bigots and women haters will be safe for your ears shit. Nowadays people are so afraid to offend they will have bad guy racist characters that don't even use racial slurs or misogynists just say hurr you can't do it you're a women.
This shit is a serious issue and people handle it with kiddy gloves. Stuff like Roots used to actually show how bad racism really was and didn't shy away from how bad it was.

Arse face is in it.

and a man explodes on screen within the the first 4 minutes of the first episode.

>blackwashing the Irish, again
>giving the Preacher shitty stubble beard
>written by Ennis on a network that wouldn't let Negan say "fuck" and ruined one of TWD's most memorable scenes
It's going to be disappointing as fuck.
It's like hiring a high end hooker who doesn't want to do any of the work.

Aresface looks bad.
I want to see this explosion.

What's next?
The Boys on CBS?

>and ruined one of TWD's most memorable scenes

Explain?

>Black washing Irish
Explain??

watched an early screening
it's okay
pretty hype since they're throwing their budget on the first episodes
feels like Preacher but i know its not the Preacher cause of all the changes

UHEHUEHEUHEHUEHEHEUHEUHEUHEU

DUDE

Saint of Killers has just been casted

>edgy fedora tipper priest killing people: the show

Yeah, it's going to be shit

>Show is so bland and unremarkable the Pope can't be bothered to condemn it.

All the SJW geek news sites are sucking Rogen's dicks for how good the first four episodes are. I'm expecting The Walking Dead-tier, which is a pale imitation of the comics but the normies will still eat it up like Seth would mounch on a piece of sperm-caked buiscit.

WEEB

This guy plays the Saint. I have no fucking clue who he is.

Straight from RICH The Leech
>Know this, it looks like every character in Preacher will appear in the TV show in some form or another.
>The second episode opens with a scene set in 1881. And the mysterious unnamed character wearing a familiar hat and striding out across the Wild West away from his wife and a sick child in search of medicine is played by one Graham McTavish. He may not be the Saint at that moment. But there’s no one else he can be.

they made tulip black

and her names still tulip ohara

because reasons

entire show will be shit anyway

She can still be half-irish, half-black tho

Well I mean it's gotten positive reviews already and Garth Ennis himself praised it should be telling already.

how do you know that it won't be revealed that they're still Adelphi just out searching for their missing charge instead of hiding like in the comic.

how do you know anything about something that hasn't come out yet.

sorry but it's going to be complete utter dung beetle shit

I still hold out hope for the first season. But second onwards, expect TWD drama with an angel or a demon appearing once every 3 episodes.

Imagine:
>two episodes devoted to Herr Starr's budding peggxuality in the order
>an episode to how black Tulip was racially profiled all the time
>a whole season to Tulip cuckolding Jessie with Cassidy

I'd say god help us, but that ain'n likely in the context of the Preacherverse.

It's Dominic Cooper and the guy from Misfits, it won't be shit.

It probably won't be like comic Preacher, but I always liked the concept more than the execution, so I personally don't care if they change a lot. Many things in the comic don't translate well into television anyway.

Could be a bait and switch with the aliens, like they think it's aliens and later it turns out to be some divine shit. Or both. It doesn't have to be completely faithful.

Anyway, that whole middle finger to god thing is for fourteen year olds.

>The big twist is that Sheriff Root was right all along and nigger Martians were the cause of everything

Shit, that would be pretty cool.

How does it affect her character?

Trips confirm.

A black person with an Irish last name in the US isn't a deal break.

A lot of blacks have european surnames, what's your point?

Its funny because the actress is actually half irish half black.

First episode was good. I know it won't be like the comics, but it has a chance of being a good show.

Care to go into detail? How badly did they deviate from the first issue?

Tom Cruise exploding was funny.

>Tom Cruise appearing for 5 seconds in Preacher to be killed off
And there went 65% of season 1's budget. What's next Brad Pitt?

Nah, I doubt it cost very much. Cameos like this are usually for scale and done for fun or as a favor. They asked, he said sure.

WHAT

Actually, it sounds like the footage they used might have been stock or news footage or something, as apparently Cruise was not happy about it.

>At the time the scene was shot, no one seems to have objected to the side gag, but more recently, Seth Rogen told Uproxx that the joke was not received particularly well by Tom Cruise’s people. In fact, when asked the question, the outlet says Rogen “laughed nervously” before admitting the following:

>"We might have got a call from his camp just kind of asking what the story was. I’m not sure how that wrapped itself up."

>Tom you wanna cameo in Preacher?
>"Nah"
>Okay...uh...the angels and god, theyre actually aliens fucking with us!
>"I'll be right there! Praise be to the church!"
>Praiae be to her right

I believe in my boy

They did him without monster eyes.

NOT MUH CASSIDY

But seriously, the glasses was a nice symbol for how he actually grew out of his personality as a parasite and became a man b the end.

Apparently people really liked the first four episodes.

Literally the only reason I'll be torrenting this.

Pope Francis has more pressing concerns than American cable TV to speak on.

Her father is a classic southern good old boy type who wants a son so he raises his daughter like a boy. Having that character being black is doable but weird. As long as her mother is the black side I have no problem with it.

The bigger issue is that the truck scene where they hat each others music would be no where near as funny since the black girl listening to KRS-One isn't a stretch.

Ayy, he's got to prostitute himself to refugees.

>They changed the thing possessing him to be an alien
Stop spouting this meme. Tom Cruise has a cameo where he's talking about alien messiahs and then Genesis eviscerates him on his way to Jesse's Church. This was reported months ago.

The reviews are pretty positive so far.

It won't be like the comics.

It will be passingly okay as its own show, though.

the racism runs deep with this one...

There are plenty of black person with Irish sounding name. Or at least their family names sound Irish. Shaq O'Neal ring a bell to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=2HEHVjRLEes
>Jesse's daddy is a preacher
what the fuck, man
at least make him an Iraq vet like Frank

>Jesse's daddy is a preacher
Is that something we know from the four minute clip, or have the producers said that? Because the video was pretty ambiguous about it, it could be that his dad dressed up as a preacher at Angleville to help escape.

The comic was so why would the show be any different.

>it's an alien
>an alien that only possesses priests
I'm getting the sense Rogan and Goldberg are just fucking with us.

But, Ruth Negga is Irish in real life.

>comparing NbC to AMC

Really?