Why hasn't your country achieved universal or near universal healthcare?

Why hasn't your country achieved universal or near universal healthcare?

>le 35.6% face

Too many people, and our government sucks at managing a budget.

What the hell is going on in these countries that have "99.7%" coverage? Who are these 0.3% that aren't being covered?

Basically democrats squandered their best chance (around WWII) with other New Deal programs that used up all of their "political capital".

>Too many people

>The rest of the world including developing countries can afford universal healthcare but oh boy the richest country in the world can't cause "too many people"

Prisoners? I could imagine felons losing the right to healthcare.

Private health coverage
e.g. Richfags

>Too many people
?
How is that an excuse? do you know how percentages and proportions work? If you have a country with a lot of people to provide healthcare you are also going to have a lot of people that can provide healthcare and a lot of people that can work on how to provide it, and besides as you can see from the graph there is not even a correlation between population and the share being covered by uhc

this is the most american thing ive read all day

>the richest country in the world

To whom are you referring?

Retarded poor people voting Republican because FUCK LIBRULS PRAISE KEK

?

This has been going on a lot longer than that, though. Truman didn't pass it, Kennedy didn't pass it, Johnson didn't pass it, Carter didn't pass it, and Clinton didn't pass it.

literally this

your population is 5x larger than ours but your economy is 7x larger

Having more people is a BENEFIT for single payer systems, you leverage a hell of a lot more customers against the pricing negotiation.

You get to tell the pill company that their $100 pills are going to be bought for $10 or they lose a market of 350m people

Truman tried to pass it, but it was met with huge backlash by the AMA, and they did a huge grassroot disinfo campaign against it

Kennedy wanted to do it but he got shot

Johnson implemented Medicare and Medcaid, and the architects of the bill (and himself) planned to expand it to the rest of the population.

Carter had the best chance out of the others, but the country was in a Recession and he thought that after Nixon / Ford that Dems had the country in a bag and could wait for it to blow over.

Clinton tried to pass it, but he got ass-raped by the AMA like Truman did, and Republicans successfully got both chambers in Congress in his mid-term.

I had a colecystectomy a few months ago and I pad nothing. I also see a psychiatrist and the drugs are all free xD

do you really think prisoners should lose the right to healthcare?

you dont understand my friend
americans dont think prisoners are people

I was merely guessing why some small portion of the population wasn't covered. I didn't endorse any policy.

You know that the US government itself spends more on medical care per capita than every other country except France? Our system is wildly inefficient. We could cover everybody with single payer and save tons of money in the process.

Our wait times are actually slightly worse than Canada overall (it's mainly bad there for certain elective surgeries). Last time I wanted a primary care appointment, I had to wait two goddamn months. And I have "good" insurance.

I don't why we don't just nationalize the health insurance companies. It seems like there'd be giant savings from economies of scale. Most of the people could even keep their jobs, just switch from private to public sector.

Too many niggers and leeches.

Paperless people. Romanian gypsies, unregistered chinese kitchen workers, unregistered refugees, unregistered pinoy maids etc. They are not entitled to public healthcare.

Don't know about germany or how their shit varies state to state.

you joke but thats literally the logic behind it
"you cant have this because people might benefit from it"

>except France?

viva el seguro popular!

wtf greece???

Holy shit. Like 80% of the countries on that list are 3rd world eastern & southern european shitholes full of poor people, and even their coverage is better than ours.

We need to catch up with the Scandi's healthcare rates desu

More people means more tax-payers, specially when you have low unemployment and a youthful population, compared to most other industrialized countries.

> 96.6
yes, but it is not free like in you're cunts. Here, it costs 12% of your paycheck. 4% is deducted from your monthly playcheck and the remaing 8% is paid by your employer

You do understand in all countries it is paid for with taxes

We pay 2.9% of our paychecks for Medicare for like 40-50 years before being allowed to use it, and when we do, it only covers a given 4/5th of medical bill costs

Yes but 12% out of $80 a month is worse than 12% out of 2500€.

>The rest of the world including developing countries can afford universal healthcare but oh boy the richest country in the world can't cause "too many people"

America could easily offer universal health care at the standard offered by Russia, but Americans would not accept such a low standard.
American health care is currently extremely expensive there is no way to offer it universally without rationing. Due to a cultural quirk American citizens will accept rationing from private entities such as insurance companies but they will not accept it from their government.

my god you guys live in a dystopia

Minimum wage here is around $300 and only entry level fags or people who didn't even finish high school make that little. On average, most people make $500 and professional make a lot more than that

Free market shills

Mexico is kill

>unregistered refugees
how can you be an unregistered refugee faggot? refugee is literally a status that you get from the UNHCR or UNRWA

Being a refugee is weird to put it simple

They have a $1.8 BILLION dollar industry solely around prisoner phone calls. The rates in prisoners are WAY WAY higher then those outside it and it wasn't like that before ~ the 90's.

because it's a poor corrupted shithole where you have to wait for up to six moths to undergo some generic scan or test (and that's not just in theory, it does happen all the time) so most people still pay for any medical exams despite our healthcare is free on paper

because of the wall

You know the people of a country is scum when there's a minimum wage.

How about this:
Provide state healthcare to the bottom 20% of the populace that may not be able to afford it and the rest can pay for their own private insurance or if they feel like living risky have no insurance at all.
That way you can have much lower taxes since the state isn't forced to provide healthcare to everyone and from the money you save in taxes you can decide for yourself how much you want to be covered and are willing to pay for which is what any responsible adult should want

>tfw right at the top due to alphabetical order

and where will that money for the 20% come from?
taxes of course. but poor people don't pay much in taxes so it ends up in the middle class.

i do however think that the state should provide healthcare to rich people but they should still pay taxes to state provided healthcare.
seems unfair on paper but it makes a lot of sense

should not provide healthcare to rich people*