What would happen to the Sentinelese if they get in contact with the modern world?

What would happen to the Sentinelese if they get in contact with the modern world?

They would open a KFC probably.

Teach us the wonders of space travel.

Just baffles me that they aren't even curious to see the rest of the world

The few non-natives that visited them spread disease so now they don't want anyone coming near their island.

>The Sentinelese maintain an essentially hunter-gatherer society subsisting through hunting, fishing, and collecting wild plants. There is no evidence of either agricultural practices or methods of producing fire.

=O

Aren't these the dudes who shot a pig with arrows and let it rot on the beach?

>having bows but not fire
yeah that's bullshit

They would be swarmed by first world women looking for the most blackest dick.

raped by pajeet like the other andaman islanders

they probably believe that white man wants to kill them
they just simply don't know that white man wants to take them to europe, give them money and let them fuck their wives while they watch and masturbate

where did you find this picture of me?

I agree, given that fire was likely a Lower Pal phenomenon I find it fucking unlikely that people who island hopped there long after that are incapable of producing fire

Ici c'est PFK

Comment ils appellent le double down?

Doublé en bas?

> Society suddenly gets a whole lot bigger
>Suddenly you are at the bottom of a pile based on a metric that makes no sense nor benefit to you
>Village elders don't mean anything anymore
>Oral traditions no longer make sense as a Worldview
>Nothing makes sense
>Disease kills significant portion of group members
>Technological culture starts to become extinct
>Knowledge lost
>The slow pace of life, moving throughout the jungle, to and from those ancient and eternal places of sustenance and stone, starts to become a distant memory

That's happen to all of us... why wouldn't it happen to the savages in the jungle!!! That's not fair, they should be exposed to globalization as well.

they would die from various diseases unless they get vaccinated on account of being completely isolated from global pandemics over the past 3000 years

Le coup double

I would introduce them to female family/friends to help them integrate.

More than once Sentinelese were kidnapped by whites, but soon died. Their body can't handle any desease/ bacteria/virus or whatever, beause they've been living isolated for so long.

Won't they be under water if sea levels rise?

It would be Rorkes drift with automatic weapons

>knowledge lost

Implying that there was any knowledge to begin with

no the sentinelese has a gene that makes them able to walk on water

you may not find out if aliens exist or the cure to cancer but lots of knowledge has been found in isolated tribes. imo it's pretty interesting that these people have no outside influence which makes them do and look at things differently.

Usually when contact happens the primitives end up drinking themselves to death

Who here wants to see a show where they capture one of these guys and sets them loose in New York City alone and follow them around with cameras.

This

>le noble savage

Read any account of new world exploration and you will realize they were starving and getting their ass kicked constantly.

Think Easter Island, what may be one of the few people in history to have come up with writing independently is also one of the best cautionary tales about environmental degradation, they destroyed every single standing tree and they had something over 3 times the territory of the Sentinelese.

It may be that it was originally a cultural adaptation, or that there was in fact a population that lost the knowledge of fire, evolution is about adaptationl not "progress" or maybe it came from a taboo that may have had to do with a large disaster or maybe the original settlers were something like the Amish of their era and saw fire as something they associated with decadence. There are countless avenues of speculation on this one.

Read any paper looking at markers of generalised stress like Harris lines among prehistoric Hunter-gatherers.

Touting ethnographic literature from colonial times isn’t exactly sound evidence user

Phone posting, accidental reply in the other post.

It’s a possibility, particularly the taboo aspect and even more so if they have more of a gathering oriented substance strategy. Though I think it would be really unlikely given:
1) they have projectile technology. Fire to melt resin for hafting would be useful and also to harden points otherwise
2) Cooking food makes it more nutritious and also v tasty. Also opens up more food and variety of cooking
3) Fire is great for staving off insects
4) Fire is and has been a massive feature of human social life for most of our anatomically modern history
I think if there is no evidence of fire it means we just can’t see it through the canopy. Alternatively there could be cultural restrictions on the use of fire, but I think more in the sense restricted to certain individuals vs
outright ban

It could be, I'm not the guy who posted the original wikipedia quote btw, but the article only asserts there is no evidence which given fire tends to be fairly visible (these people have been studied at a distance) would at least rule out that it's used for socializing, cooking or as insect repellent. Yes, there's certainly distinct advantages to the use of fire and its discovery and use certainly predates our own species, but we don't know what the story is in here, I'd gather they don't use it in everyday life if the claim is made by anthropologists.

Sure, they may have a "night of fire" where thye all walk through coal embers but They don't use it for more mundane things such as lighting their way at night.

We should invade.