"I'm sorry about Rhodey. He was a real stand-up guy."

"I'm sorry about Rhodey. He was a real stand-up guy."

Why does he wear the mask ?

Is there a transcript of everything Clint says in that scene? It's a great little rant.

>"Do you remember Peggy's last words, Steve? Because she sure didn't."

>"What have Wanda and Rhodeys spine in common? - Both got smashed by Vision"

>The futurist, gentlemen! The futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not.

>Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on.

>Yeah, well you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony.

>Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This is a place for-

>Criminals. Criminals, Tony. I think that's the word you're looking for. Right? It didn't used to mean me, or Sam, or Wanda, but here we are.

>Because you broke the law.

>Yeah.

>I didn't make you.

>Lalalalalala.

>You read it, you broke it.

>Lalalalalala.

>Alright. You're all grown up, you've got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think of them before you chose the wrong side?

>You gotta watch your back around this guy! There's a chance he's gonna break it.

>It didn't used to mean me, or Sam, or Wanda
It literally did. Being a vigilante has been illegal since before any of them were born.

Clint sounds actually like a 15years old butthurt faggot kek

>"Well, Nat, I hope you at least made your kids proud."

I agree, it's like when you have a discussion with someone on a forum and you're making valid points and they're just like:
>you
>not being a cuck
kek

Technically, Clint was working with a government agency until it turned out to be secretly evil. Wanda and Sam both joined after it got taken down, but the Avengers being a vestige of Shield might have been enough to keep them from being illegal until the Accords came along.
Knowing that your actions will have consequences and agreeing that the consequences are fair are two separate things. Clint got into this to stop Zemo from activating a team of Cap-level assassins, and someone he used to work with got him throw in uberjail for it.

Being formed by SHIELD doesn't mean it's not super illegal for the Avengers to go around violating international laws long after SHIELD was dissolved.

And whether Clint was justified in being angry is one thing, but the shit he's saying is like that of a 13 year-old. He fucking made a joke about Tony's best friend being crippled, less than a day after it happened.

I think that was the point, but most people sided with him anyway.

>le joke
Clint doesnt know about Rhodes. Only Falcon was there to witness WM's accident.

Falcon is right there with Clint. You think he wouldn't tell him?

And if it wasn't intentional, that's a major coincidence.

And he probably didn't know how bad it was, or that he specifically broke his back. He couldn't have told everyone else in the jail.

It was super illegal even while they were with shield. The MCU seems to ignore laws except when it is dramatically convenient not to.

In any case, I wouldn't call what they were doing vigilantism - they weren't beating up muggers or rapists. And they weren't being thrown in jail for breaking international law - they were being thrown in jail for demonstrating that they were neither willing to play ball with the accords nor retire quietly; and since Ross couldn't control them he threw them in a prison designed to hold superhumans.

Played 18, shot 18. Just can't seem to miss.

>"Wanda, I'd say that I consider you family, but being in your family has too high of a mortality rate."

>Tell Pepper I said hi.

Falcon saw him fall, but he wouldn't have been around for the diagnosis. "Broken back" would have to be a very lucky guess.

My guess was that the writers just wanted to have him say something to get a guilty reaction from Tony, and so eschewed the usual "There's a chance he's gonna stab it" for something more topical

>He couldn't have told everyone else in the jail.
Why not? They're all in the same room together, and they have nothing to do but sleep and talk to each other.

>And they weren't being thrown in jail for breaking international law - they were being thrown in jail for demonstrating that they were neither willing to play ball with the accords nor retire quietly
So, for breaking the law.

probably people who never had any responsibilties either

*for breaking international law

Lalalalalala

"Wanda, you're only living relative might be a creepy otherworldly entity who wrote a very, very naughty book."

>Hey Wanda, I didn't know your father made a shield for Cap too.

See . He couldn't have told everyone else in jail because he couldn't have known anything more than "War Machine was hurt."

As far as whether or not it was actually illegal, the ratification of the accords was interrupted by a bombing, and Steve was still being offered a chance to sign a day before this all went down. I highly doubt we're ever going to any future exposition on the confirmation process of the accords, though, so this is probably a stupid thing to argue about.

>people are actually defending Clint for bringing up Rhodes' paralysis
it's one thing to be a capfag and there's this.

the proper term for betrayal is being shot in the back. the only expression that involves breaking backs is the one about the camel and it doesn't apply to the context of what Clint is saying.

I thought he was saying Law Law Law Law not Lalala

It was both at the same time.

I can't see why. He's a grown man with a wife and kids and he knew there would be consequences yet he still says lalalala when hearing stuff he doesn't wanna hear? He's acting like he's exempt from punishment and pissed nobody is pulling strings for them.

If I didn't know any better I'd think he was drunk in that scene by the way he was acting. He's acting like one of those civilians butthurt at avengers collateral damage.

Because they're being throw in jail for trying to save the world after Iron Man instigated the fight.

>for trying to save the world
from what?

Team Cap threw the first punch.

Iron Man didn't want to fight if it could be avoided. It was perfectly reasonable from his POV to think Bucky was lying, and he only had a short time window to bring Cap & co. in peacefully before Ross went after them with lethal force.

Also, it turns out that Zemo never intended to use the super soldiers anyway. Both sides were being played: Team Tony was fooled into thinking Bucky was guilty, and Team Cap was fooled into having a false sense of urgency so they couldn't talk it out.

Russian supersoldiers. Did you even watch the movie.
>but Zeno killed them
No one had anyway of predicting that outcome. The supersoldiers were a serious threat.

> Cap is protective of Wanda
> But it's Wanda who protects Cap

POTTERY

He'd have to be playing blind to ignore something was amiss when a pulse generator knocked down the power grid and the psychologist brought to interrogate Bucky mysteriously vanished during the chaos.

cap was going to fly from siberia to germany on a helicopter. even with a jet they're behind zemo by hours. bucky himself says they're too late
>but they're in a hurry to stop zemo
Cap just really didn't want to turn Bucky in

What?

>No one had anyway of predicting that outcome.
yeah but so was the Bucky situation, basically what he said:

It mirrors what Natasha told him moments earlier. She explicitly told him to watch his back.

See watching your back means you're going to be betrayed. Breaking someone's back is an entirely different thing. see

>The futurist, gentlemen! The futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not.

Loved his delivery of that bit. Loved it.

No, he didn't.

you sound like a 16 year old butthurt faggot kek

Man all these anons arguing about whether or not Clint knew about Rhodey's back being broken, and no one seems to remember that in the comics and animated adaptations Hawkeye's always been a giant fucking asshole.

It's not exactly out of character for him to make some arguably tasteless jokes like that.

The point is he wasn't an asshole in previous films. Civil War went out of it's way to paint him as brash and impulsive.

It was pretty great how disappointed he sounded at the end.

I like how he always seemed to dislike Tony but being too professional to talk shit up until that point. Whenever Tony is laughing at the AI becoming sentient for the irony, Clint seems so desperate not to tell him to fuck off and man up.

Same thing happened with Tony/Wanda. Every action Tony takes in regards to her seems to come out of fear for her, which makes sense, since she's the only one he truly knows he'll never understand. Maybe Vision too, but I don't think he's aware of it.

And he sucked dicks in previous films. I liked how he actually felt like Hawkeye this time.

Underrated post.

>She said that Howard Stark only dated whores when he was young, and that growing up at least made him settle for one.

Not worse than being a tonyfag and having all the avengers in jail for saving the world ASIDE Stark, who's the one who's endangered the planet the most times already by creating Ultron and triyin to stop Cap from preventing Zemo from liberating five winter soldiers more.

He was barely a character in any of the previous films, and in Age of Ultron he jokes about murdering Quicksilver and covering it up by blaming it on Ultron, so it's suffice to say he was probably always an asshole and it just wasn't immediately obvious because of how little screen time he usually gets.

Either that, or because it often seems like Joss Whedon only knows how to write one type of character so everyone in his films ends up acting/speaking the same way.

>Based Quickslav died for this absolute cunt

Their goal was the Jetfrom the start. They had falcon search for it at the beginning. Also even assuming they can make it in time it's imperative that they get there before the trail goes cold.

something insensitive about uncle ben

>letting a guy who has 3 kids a wife and is protecting a child die because he made a tasteless joke

>preventing Zemo from liberating five winter soldiers more.
that was never the plan and Tony didn't stop him because of that because Steve never told anyone about this

>implying Quicksilver wouldn't make a joke that Rhodey didn't see it coming

1. No one had any reason to believe that Zeno would kill the Winter Soldiers. They were a serious potential threat with a lot of reasons to believe they would be activated.
2. Before the Airport fight Steve told Tony about Zemo and the soldiers. Tony wanted them to surrender regardless.

he wanted them to give up Bucky, because they thought he was a terrorist

You mean they were searching for a jet that they didn't know was there and wouldn't have been there had Tony not arrived?. What would Steve had done had Ross said no to Tony going after Cap and they didn't have a jet to steal?

They were going to leave in the helicopter Hawkeye had lined up, which Tony disabled, causing them to shift gears to commandeering the Quinjet.

What if Clint didn't even know about Rhodes and was just making an odd jab at Tony? And then later he found out about Rhodes and felt terrible about what he said.

>Tony wanted them to surrender regardless.
And he was right to do so. Steve's team just rushes into things and hope they turn out fine. Look what happened in the opening of the movie. Nevermind Crossbones blowing himself up, a guy threatens to drop a vial of a biological agent and what does Cap's team do? They shoot him and make him drop it. That was just incredibly irresponsible.

And a helicopter is slower than a jet. Meaning Zemo could have activated them if he wanted to no matter what. Cap wasn't rushing, he just didn't want to turn Bucky in.

Same argument applies to Bucky.
>How was anyone supposed to know that this known killer cyborg, that all evidence points to committing this particular crime, was innocent of this particular crime?

It's a weirdly specific jab to make if he didn't know.

He was in another part of the world?

He was in the same country.

not quite but it's close enough

They don't have access to a jet, so a helicopter will have to do.

black widow is infertile.

meant for

>not "upstanding citizen"

Why would he say that

>no access to a jet in an airport

>He fucking made a joke about Tony's best friend being crippled, less than a day after it happened.

Be banged, get chatted shit

Speaking of them time it takes for them to Siberia, where Steve and Bucky taking the scenic route while making love on the Quinjet? Tony was ale to catch up with them with no problem despite their headstart.

Losing a fight you started doesn't give you the right to he an asshole.

Clint didnt start shit.

Team Cap threw the first punch. You can argue that they were justified, but they started the fight.

Tony is the one that brought his gang to fight them, Clint was just trying to fly to Russia.

Tony didn't want to fight them. He wanted to bring them peacefully so that Ross didn't kill them.

I guess you missed the part where Hawkeye set off explosions in Tony's property and attacked Vision unprovoked.

>trying to kidnap someone isn't starting the fight

Tony should have just turned her into immigration. Bad enough we have aliens wrecking New York, now heroes are harboring them

Friendly reminder that there is no cause to be concerned about Rhodey because Helen Cho exists.

She has super science to repair any damage, regrow nerves, tissue, limbs, and create living beings with vibranium bonded to their cells.

Rhodey going through physical therapy? There's no reason he shouldn't be running marathons in an hour after getting healed by her.

Did the writers forget she exists? That makes no sense. Was the script supervisor just speed reading?

Why isn't she an Avenger again?

She's busy making Amadeus Cho from leftover parts from when she was making Vision.

Didn't she died?

Commercial airports have commercial planes, bro. You do know the difference, right?

But she doesn't. She died.

Why would they put these normal ass people in the underwater prison?
>Hawkeye is just a bow and arrow guy.
>Falcon is a jet pack nigger.
>Ant-Man ain't shit without his suit.

>I don't know who that spider kid was but I'm sure his parents are proud of what you turned him into Tony.

yes, and apparently didn't get it.

WHEN YOUR LEFT HAND'S FREE!