So can we all agree this is movie of the year?

So can we all agree this is movie of the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_uPhN9gJ0k
youtube.com/watch?v=dO2vOBYveBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, prometheus was better.

Prometheus sucked fucking balls you retard. Covenant was MILES better.

I liked it

still needs 60mil to even get its money back, ridleys ass better be lucky he already signed the next movie itll prolly be his last if keeps spitting out Prometheus tier shit

But that didn't come out this year.

Is there anything worse than Alien nerds?

Prometheius
>NO XENOMORPHS? REEEEEEEEEE!

Alien Covenant
>XENOMORPH! XENOMORPH! XENOMORPH! THIS MOVIE IS FANSERVICE REDDIT SHIT! REEEEEEEEEE!

literally a filler movie between prometheus and a sequel that actually picks up where prometheus left off. total scam. nothing happens and none of the questions asked in prometheus are answered.

it's the goku and piccolo learn to drive of the alien franchise

whats better 4DX, IMAX, or nomal?

it answered the question of where they went. :')

All they needed to do was have the film be 95% Michael Fassbender being a mad scientist and they would have had gold

Why the fuck isnt this shit rip or cam yet

this desu

This. Thank god Covenant ignore pretty much everything in Prometheus other than Fassbenber (the only good thing).

Much better movie tbqh.

It cost 97 million and it's already made like 90 worldwide.

without china as well

this

Prometheus was better but Covenant was still pretty good.

>David spends decades creating the ultimate life form, a xenomoprh
>David created the xenomorph
>even though we have a mural of the queen xeno in Prometheus

>tfw the only compelling part of the film was practically a footnote
>still got a dumb, over the top action sequence to sell tickets and ruin the tone
Goddamn it

No, David just progresses evolution of the Xenomorphs on their normal path from the predecessor xeno on Covenant Planet.

loved it

Just got back from seeing it. I have no idea how anyone can give this film compliments. The only good part of the movie was the grotesque imagery of David's laboratory. The action had shit cinematography and effects. The Xenos look like they were rendered on 2004 hardware, all of the CGI looks like a video game- totally unconvincing and stupid. Hey that reminds me, the acting was the same. Dialog is cheesy and delivered with unconvincing emotion. Character personalities are apathetic and unlikeable or completely nonexistent. The film completely does not understand what made Alien great and fails to build suspense or a good atmosphere. It's basically a sci fi film that delivers a story that stupid people think is smart. Really disappointed as a long time Alien fan. I actually want my money back.

well who a fuck about that? i thought we were supposed to find out the origins of these creatures, not watch what an autistic reptile breeder would do with them.

This movie was terrible

I disagree. We don't need to know any more of the details of the traveling between world's to the Engineers planet. They gave us a good amount of details, maybe even too much.
David has a Superiority Complex, and killed everyone besides himself, because he is narcissistic AF.
The story can now continue...

The best movie of the year thus far is The Lost City of Z. Prove me wrong. Protip: because I really liked TLCoZ, and if you think there's something even better I'd love to see it..

Isolation > Covenant

Fuck no, Covenant was good and retroactively made Prometheus a better movie

Yes, Ridley is saving the Alien franchise. I can't wait to see what he does next.

The only thing I want to know about this fucking movie is who did the second song in the second trailer. Not the piano at the beginning, but the latter half where it's creepy sounding. I want that, but no one seems to know and Google just keeps trying to tell me it's Nature Boy when that was the first trailer.

I think it commits the same self-destruction that Alien3 did, which was kill off its own surviving cast for no reason in between movies.

Prometheus was infinitely better. At least it had something new to bring tot he table. This movie felt like just another Alien film that dropped everything interesting brought up from Prometheus.

I wanted Prometheus too and just got another alright Alien sequel.

Objectively true

Cam when?

One of the worst, sure.

This movie made me appreciate Prometheus which is saying a lot. I couldn't believe that the leaks were 100% spot on. It's so fucking disappointing that they threw Shaw and David to the wayside and the actually interesting ideas that Prometheus ended with.

I don't know how many times this series has to pull "O they survived the last movie but they got fucked before this movie". That's literally happened 3 times out of 6 movies now and it's retarded and insulting bad writing.

Beauty and the beast was better than this. God is this board really full of 17 year olds

This was shit are you joking?

Easily better than 3, Resurrection, and Prometheus.

I can't believe Scott actually made me feel for that nightmarish creature when it was shot. It was like putting down a dog with rabies

>unlikable, unmemorable characters make fucking retarded decisions and get killed for it for 90 minutes
>a few interesting things happen in the middle
>a few decent action scenes happen near the end but the main ones drag on too long
>this constitutes a good/great movie
do I just have to appreciate supposedly smart/well-trained humans doing completely stupid shit to enjoy this series?

But prometheus was released like 5 years ago

What's Godzilla doing in Alien?

There are recording of scenes floating around on youtube

>So can we all agree this is movie of the year?
If this is the movie of the year then truly the film industry has outlived its usefulness.

It's shit. Xenomorphs are played out.

It's not the Xenomorphs, it's what fucking Ridley Scott did to them.

I can, but I doubt anyone else will.

There wouldn't be a movie if everyone was smart

>people are so used to shit writing they believe this.

Had some great elements and had some shit elements.
The stuff about David becoming a genocidal maniac was pretty interesting. Him and Walter as well.
Best scene in the movie was the reveal of the one surviving being David. That super sutle look of confusion on his face was perfect.
Pretty much every one of the action scenes was shit.
The one with ear infection dude in the medical bay of the lander was good.
All other were bad. The one were they take off with the cargo ship and ripley 3.0 fights the xenomorph with a crane was fucking laughable.
Endfight as well. That was just a huge mess and felt like ridley reshot/edited that scene heavily.

All in all a decent movie. There was a lot of potential but they shit the bed during the action scenes

6/10

Only interesting part of the movie is the two androids.

And they're too pussy to commit to nothing but David vs Walter philosophical judo kino.

Boring muppet alien movie instead.

>it's shit because it didn't have any upvote worthy quips and 80s cheesetunes for me to meme to.
k

What is good about this movie? It's a 2/10 for me. 1 point for cool alien props in David's lab

Nobody fucking said anything remotely of the sort.

No it's not even close.

Second best theater experience.
First is Cabin in the Woods (which to be fair I watched with high expectations and it was even better than I could have hoped)
Pacific Rim is a close third, but my first time was stupid 3D version.

I don't think he has a superiority complex so much as he is disappointed by every form of sentience he has encountered so far.

Question : How can the xenomorphs grow so fast ?
For the one that burst out from the christian captain I assumed their was a few hours timelapse between it's birth and the shuttle escape scene, but the second one on the spaceship seems to have grown to adult size in a matter of minutes, except if mu-thur waited a few hours before warning about xeno presence onboard...

anyone else keep thinking this is the godzilla cave art from the end of kong at first glance

Meme Runner with Leto by collapse this board.

I just want to know what happened to the big skellington and the donut ship in Alien, man. How many movies do I have sit through before they answer that? Is Ridley Scott ever going to tie it up?

I thought so as well. Have excited to see this movie, I cannot wait. This might be one of the only movies I will pay for to see in theater in a very long time.

This year i have only seen GITS.

Is this like the new "Rogue One?" Why do I have to argue about a mediocre movie being superior to an abysmal movie again?

I want to start by saying that nothing about this movie is awful, nothing even stands out as "bad," I don't get the critical panning, even from meme-tier Sup Forums type outlets like Red Letter Media and Good Bad Flicks.

For starters, going off of what I said: unlike Prometheus, and every movie in the franchise outside of the original two, there is nothing offensively wrong or bad about this movie. It's entirely workable. The plot was entirely coherent, there were no plot-holes, and everything was tied-up nicely.

>M-M-Muh no helmets...
In Prometheus, it was a team comprised entirely of scientists on an unknown planet in a foreboding structure removing their helmets for no reason. In Covenant, it's a colonization team setting out on a planet they scanned and which was ostensibly safe. The situation and circumstances were entirely different.

>M-M-Muh scientists not acting like scientists
The only person who acted retarded in this movie was Danny McBride's wife, the pilot, and she was punished for her retardation. Unlike Prometheus where literally everyone is retarded.

>M-M-Muh proto-xenomorphs grow too fast
They only grow to the size of a small dog initially, and only grew larger later

>M-M-Muh CGI Aliens
They looked fine, and the movie still had an abundance of practical work

If anything, all the hate has left me surprisingly content, so maybe it's a good thing. It's the best in the franchise besides the first two films.

Probably a 6.5/10 in my book. I swear to fuck if I don't get a (you) after writing this mini-essay while drunk.

It was pretty decent. I can even overlook *some* of the retardation from the settlers, but by no means all of it. For instance, the one dude on smoke break unaware that he'd just got infected - that I can forgive; the other dude looking dead at the puffball while the dust puffs up out of it and never once mentioning it to anyone, I can't.

The captain staring straight down into the egg pissed me off, too. He already knew David was slightly unhinged. Nobody who saw his reaction to the neomorph's death could have possibly doubted that.

>movie of the year
>prometheus
what is this 2012?

>"You blow, I'll do the fingering."
>Wagner starts playing.
KINO!

>Poster shows a covenant of Aliens
>Movie only has an Alien in the Covenant
f u ridley scott

Isolation is a masterpiece equivalent to the original

not that i can find, link?

Did they have the same poster in your countries?
It says "Say your prayer in Greek".

this is kinda gay

Its not out yet so I can't you an opinion

Where the fuck do you live, Palau?

I want to fuck them all

Is that a queen head in the background behind the center alien?

>actually interesting ideas that Prometheus ended with.
2/10

>ruin the tone

christ you dumb kids

>>unlikable, unmemorable characters make fucking retarded decisions and get killed for it for 90 minutes
>>a few interesting things happen in the middle
>>a few decent action scenes happen near the end but the main ones drag on too long
You talking about Prometheus?

>Threw shaw and David to the wayside
>David is the antagonist

Really make me think

No one's problem with Prometheus was the lack of Xenomorphs. Literally 0 people in the entire world.

It only cost 97 million? I'm honestly impressed.

The cinematography in non-action scenes is garbage compared to Prometheus though (the overall presentation too)

youtube.com/watch?v=H_uPhN9gJ0k

It is so far, yeah. Great cinematography, great soundtrack, Fassbender's characters and acting are amazing.

I like that Scott basically knows we're not scared of aliens anymore, so he makes them more visible but also makes new designs that are more freaky. The real "horror" aspect though comes from David's obsessions and experiments. The scene where he destroys the engineers is probably the only scene so far in this year that really shocked me, that and the neomorph attack in the field were tense as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=dO2vOBYveBo

>except if mu-thur waited a few hours before warning about xeno presence onboard...
She was shut off for about 4 hours, remember?

Excuse you, faggot, that was indeed one of the (many, many) problems with Prometheus.

This movie somewhat redeemed Prometheus.

I unironically agree

Shitposting aside Ridley is a competent director and he can do a lot with the money he's given.
>The cinematography in non-action scenes is garbage
I can't wait to be able to post screencaps so I can repeatedly prove you wrong.

I liked covenant, it's nothing super special but I don't think that was what Ridley was shooting for this time around.

I get this reference xD

Oi you cunts post a link were we can watch covenant.

>She was shut off for about 4 hours, remember?
No I forgot, thanks for reminding me

This movie only mentioned wheat once, what a let down.

Bro

Prometheus
>great color tone whatever, beautiful presentation of the "remote world", great landing scene. Everything feels "holy shit is this happening" tier, world feels hostile

Covenant
>SPAYS MUHREENS TNG MOVIE FIVE NO HAZMAT SUITS MUH GREY MUH ALIENS-MODEL LOOKING SHIP MUH BLAND OUTER SPACE SHOTS WITH NO FEELING OF COOLNESS MUH SHUTTLE BUMPY DAE REMEMBER RIPLEY?? 2D ASS LOOKING ALIEN CITY GREY FILTER FOREST WITH NO WONDER COMING FROM THE ACTORS WHATSOEVER seeing fucking ALIENS

I hope you can prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

I've only seen nine films this year so far.
If I had to put them in order they'd go something like
>Logan
>Kong: Skull Island
>Alien: Covenant
>John Wick: Chapter Two
>Berlin Syndrome
>The Lego Batman Movie
>Ghost in the Shell
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
>Power Rangers

Sup Forums posters were too busy mentally constructing their anti-Covenant shitposts while still watching the movie to notice that.

>xD
Why can't you go back to /r/eddit

He was answering to me and I actually enjoyed Covenant even if it has flaws. My normie friends I watched it with didn't liked it that much

sees alien
>slips on blood
grabs shotgun
>slips on blood
shoots alien
>blows up ship

and that fucking captain
>hello please bend over the xenomorph egg
>hesitates
>it's totally safe
>bends over

The whole fucking movie was about retarded hobos