Onva 1 to 10 scale, how childish would you say this movie is...

Onva 1 to 10 scale, how childish would you say this movie is? Like is it a decently structered film that a normal adult might enjoy even though kids are the target? Or is it full of insufferable jokes and cultural references?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/7rF7O
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I suppose watching it for yourself and drawing your own conclusions is out of the question.

He's trying to find out if it's worth 90 minutes of his life, donkus.

It's Disney
Is that not good enough?

It's on the line. There are some really heavy handed and childish moments but here is usually enough to keep an adult entertained.

This movie is pretty much the opposite of pop culture. And yes, it's decently structured.

>government conspiracy to incite a race war
Probably the former description in your post

Is this the new thread?

>shakira
>opposite of pop culture

7/10

>Or is it full of insufferable jokes and cultural references?
This to a heavy degree. The movie's theme song was utter garbage. The film would have been better if they removed Gazelle/Shakira entirely.

The rest of the soundtrack was pretty dope.

So what was the ultimate message/theme of Zootopia anyway?

That people who are supposedly oppressed are often the biggest oppressors?
That the big and strong should fear the weak and feeble?
That we should accept and specialize in our innate differences instead of forcing ourselves to be something we're not?
That everyone can be whatever the hell that they want to be?
That wanton abuse of authority is the best way to drive social change?
That excessive authority can drive citizens apart?

So many of these themes are outright contradictory that this film may possibly be the shallowest film disney has recently released.
The only real message I got out of it was Oh god, I want to fuck that bunny. HOLY FUCK, I WANT TO FUCK THE BUN SO BAD.

Honestly its a decent buddy cop movie. Its a family movie not aimed to the lowest common denominator. I'd put it on the same level as How to Train Your Dragon

pretty good for liberal propaganda

it's p good, lot of deep lore and hidden mickies

What lore? Please don't say fan theories.

>The only real message I got out of it was Oh god, I want to fuck that bunny. HOLY FUCK, I WANT TO FUCK THE BUN SO BAD.

Spot on user

I don't know, user. Sup Forums is a board full of adults and we have at lest one thread about Zootopia active at any given time.

I wonder why that might be?

>Sup Forums is a board full of adults
Not really. It's probably like 16-25 most. And define adult please. Because i'm 100% sure that by adult you mean anything but age.

Ever see 80's Dragnet?
It's kinda like that.

>tfw BR leaks gonna damage BR sales and Zootopia 2 will never happen

It's a buddy cop movie with some toned down violence, toned up optimism, and a surprisingly good motivation and twist for the resolution - basically, the stuff you expect from good Disney movies.

How not-childish it is depends on if you are looking for some deep compelling narrative found in some of the best movies, or are just looking for something to do on Friday night that isn't too terrible. It's certainly going to be a decent movie for Friday night, but not something that is going to give film critics reason for analysis for the next decade.

As far as jokes or pop references, most are just visual gags. (Targoat rather than Target, Mousey's rather than Macy's, etc.)

>We're on the verge of passing Lion King

CAN IT HAPPEN, BROS?

imgur.com/a/7rF7O

this is amazing.

oh it's gonna pass it, definately.

Don't care if its for "kids" or "adults" if its fun its fun, dont let anything get in the way of enjoyment, least of all superficial prejudice. "Adult" comedy can be more juvenile than works ostensibly made for "kids". The only way you will ever be able to judge a movie is to watch it

>"Of all the possible disgustings, you had to pick absolute.gif"

It feels more adult than child for most of the movie.

The preview movies would suggest poop jokes, sophomoric slapstick, or hyperacting from the VAs. Once you get into it, however, it's well structured, very well written, and very enjoyable. The characters have personality and the VAs do a very good job performing.

You didn't define what 1 and 10 represent, so I'm going to assume 10 is very well structured. In that case, I'd say 6. It's a cartoon that's good for families, but it respects the audience's intelligence and gives you a story that people of any age can appreciate. Animal puns and cultural references were surprisingly few. See also .

>This movie is pretty much the opposite of pop culture

I know how disney likes to distance itself from dreamworks but this movie is pop culture.

- Judy's ipod is full of pop songs
- Real life brands parodied
- breaking bad reference

Are you sure you watched the same movie

Lion King's cool tho, Minions didn't deserve to get that much money.

>how childish would you say this movie is? Like is it a decently structered film that a normal adult might enjoy even though kids are the target? Or is it full of insufferable jokes and cultural references?
Insecure much?

Just kill yourself

>Traincar scene
>"Heh, looks like a grower's lab."
>"Wait, this seems a bit familiar..."
>Sheep puts on the suit
>"No way..."
>"Walter and Jesse"

My friend and I completely guffawed at this scene. well done Disney

*Woolter

How many minutes of his life is he wasting in this thread then?

I cringe very easily
I did not cringed during movie
Its gud