Is it worth playing??

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=90186873
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just like Civ 5- it's very good with other people and unbelievably boring with the AI.

Any decent new features in comparison?

Well, the launch version of Civ 6 is much better than Civ 5 was back in 2010-2012. As for new features, spies can now do much more than before. Your agents are capable of sabotaging your enemy's producation, stealing great works of art and money. There are new support units, like medics and observation baloons, which I don't remember seeing in 5.

Also, all buildings must now be built in districts. For example, a factory cannot be built unless you have an industrial district. A library has to be placed inside of a scientific district.

Finally, the diplomatic victory has been replaced with the religious victory, which can be achieved by converting other players' cities to your religion.

civ 5 + addons is way better

No it's a shit, they took everything that made Civ great,dumbed it down, no fun allowed and half ass it with retarded rule set.

Get Civ 4 with Caveman2Cosmos mod if you want a much better civ experience

Im playing this currently

it's a real poland simulator

Civ 6 and theyre still coming out with custom Civ DLCs instead of integrating a fucking Civ Editor.

What a milk man of a game

>it's a real poland simulator
explain what a poland simulator is, i have a guess but i want to be sure.

Poland in Civ5 was awesome. Best unique ability, useful unique unit, nice unique building. I don't remember another civ that had all three. Usually civs had either a good UA and a crappy UU like the Aztecs, or the opposite like the Mongols.

I don't think the games have surpassed Civ 4 yet
Civ 5 had much better production values but the balance was all over the place

>move land unit onto water tile
>it magically becomes a transport ship

what retarded came up wity that 1?

What's wrong with that? Civ games are not supposed to be extremely realistic.

>move unit to coast
>they spend time building ships for sea faring
>set sail with fleet

dummies couldn't handle transport ship micro

i would say that Civilization 5 is still a better game, after all the patches and DLC now it has 44(!!!) playable civilizations
also the graphics is better imo, the style of Civ6 annoys me somehow, game has shitload of mods including hundreds of quality custom civilizations, you can basically play as any country in the fucking history
i recommend playing Civilization 5 with Ethnic Units mod(makes almost every unit look unique for each country/region of the world) and Vox Populi(general rebalance of the game and many extra features as vassalage)

here is the example of custom civilization from just one guy
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=90186873

i bet you did not even hear about some of them

Because of AI being retarded. It already couldn''t handle transport ships in previous Civs and now there's 1 UPT to boot. It struggles moving on dry land enough as it is.

No, wait for the complete edition in 2-3 years. Civ 5 with Vox Populi is miles better, it's not even close.

>wait for the complete edition in 2-3 years.
??? What is this

complete edition with all DLCs, patches, changes etc, just like Civilization 5 Complete Edition
Civilization 5 after launch had 12 playable civilizations, after all the DLCs and updates it has 44

It's Firaxis, they've been milking DLC's since Civ 4 (or maybe even 3), wait for every DLC to come out (game is simply incomplete without all of it), then buy/pirate the complete edition.

>Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Rise and Fall
Isn't it complete edition??

no

complete at this moment, this is the first big DLC
there will be more small civilization updates to come, and one more big DLC

Civilization 5 had 2 big DLC, Gods and Kings and Brave New World
Complete Edition is Civilization 5 + Gods and Kings + Brave New World + all the additional civilizations

>Civ 4
Doomstacks suck and hex fields are superior.

Civilization 5 becomes easy when you invent the artillery guns that can shoot through 3 fields and be out of city defence range
then you simply make visual contact with the city you want to conquer with some unit with a lot of defence/HP and bomb the shit out of them

nothing wrong with doom stack nigger

if you have the resources and time for doom stack then doom stack away

Except that it makes warfare unbelievably boring. One unit per tile is great and Civ 6's corpus mechanic is a great alternative to doomstacks.

Maybe if you're easily amused by "outsmarting" an opponent who keeps shuffling around awkwardly because he can't understand the system. A very complex system of "this can attack from two tiles away and this can't". It's feel-good fake tactics in a game dominated by strategy.
If anything, 1 unit per tile makes warfare more of a chore because you have to move your shitty units one at a time.

One unit per 1 tile rule makes war semm like actual war where individual regiments make up a large battle line. Also,

>Maybe if you're easily amused by "outsmarting" an opponent who keeps shuffling around awkwardly because he can't understand the system

I don't really play singleplayer Civ so I'm not sure how good/bad the AI is at fighting in wars.

I personally prefer one unit per tile as well because it's just a lot more convenient, but what's really the difference between a doomstack and a blanket of doom? In both cases it's the same: if you can't outproduce the enemy, you're fucked. The difference is that with a doomstack you can bring your full force to bear on an enemy city and wreck their shit, while a doomblanket limits how much you can bring to bears at a time. The system isn't horrible, it's just different.

>One unit per 1 tile rule makes war semm like actual war where individual regiments make up a large battle line.
By that logic, there's roughly enough space for six regiments between one city and the next. Try looking at the doomstack from a strategic perspective rather than a tactical one, kind of like your armies in game like Europa Universalis.

What do people see in this game? You just survive, it's so boring.

>EU
Civ has no manpower or supply limit. On another note, Civ has shit diplo, tbf.

>44
???

HOW CAN IT BE 44 ?

Civ4 vanilla is better than C2C imo. Dawn of Civilization is also cool if you want a historical experience

It's the first DLC. There's going to be at least one more. Civ 5 had Gods and Kings and BNW.

Poland in civ5 is OP as fuck

Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

the AI is ridiculously bad unless you have a hard difficulty setting and they are much, much stronger

I agree that online civ is patrician tier. Only probably is the time it takes, even with simultanious turns and turn timer

honestly how can you play with other people and complete a campaign, it takes like an hour for several people to do anything because you have to wait for your friends to finish their turns