Would you have liked Willem Dafeo's Green Goblin more if he resembled his concept art?

Would you have liked Willem Dafeo's Green Goblin more if he resembled his concept art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks to happy for shouty.

I personally didn't have a huge problem with his goblin, yeah the costume wasn't great, but Spider-Man 1 came out well before the MCU was establushed.

>implying Dafeo wasn't fantastic

He was a fantastic Goblin besides the costume, which is hardly his fault.

This is really cool right here.

I didn't mind the first costume in the movie, but that was way back when I was just happy to have a fucking Spider-Man movie.

True, I didn't he mean that his entire character was bad but I just kept hearing a lot of complaints about how his outfit looked like a rejected Power ranger suit and how they really wanted it to resemble the comic more.

I wish we could've gotten this mask: youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys
I'm on mobile so I hope that's the correct video.

The tacticool mall ninja outfit was fine since it was a flight suit for the glider but the helmet was dumb.
Should have had a scene where he makes a mask to go with it since he clearly collected masks anyways, it could have even had a cheesy scene where when he's talking to himself he's talking to his helmet on a desk or something.

Honestly, I don't know why they had to make it an armor. Why not just have him transform like in the comics?

I swear, it's like producers are like "Hey, you know all this stuff people like? Let's fucking change it!"

Ching chon Bing bong I Green Gobrin.

Because he only transformed in Ultimate Spider-Man. Traditionally, the goblin suit IS just a mask and costume.

They screen tested a latex mask and decided not to go with it.

>Why not just have him transform like in the comics?
read comics other than USM. He doesn't 'transform' he just puts on a costume

Sorry op, Semi-Truck was the best on screen Green Goblin. I hope they cast him for the next film.

>We'll never have this mask in a movie
I cry evertiem

>Spidey is your favorite hero as a small child
>see green goblin
>think he's kind of silly, don't pay him much mind
>see this movie
>that goblin covered face covered in blood haunts your fucking nightmares

They should've painted his face green. Dude can look scary and psycho on his own.

No, because we were little kids when it came out. We just thought the green Iron Man looked badass.

Is this really concept art? Looks very digital for early 2000's concept art. A lot of CA examples from then where still traditional paper based illustrations. Hell, Alex Ross' concepts where paintings. this looks more like some modern stuff.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I saw some of these on the special features concept art section of the Spider-man 1 DVD.

No I would have preferred the amazing practical makeup job they practically had finished before they scrapped it for some power ranger bullshit.

To be fair, Goblin is kind of odd to translate. It's mostly because of the color palette and the mix of goofy/military hardware. Since Keaton is a long way from that transformation, here's a few random ideas
>No green mask, green skin from the formula. Except not shit like Harry was in ASM2
>Flight goggles and a cap similar to the Spectacular Spider Man version
>Glider is trashed to give it that batwing/jagged look

>implying they're going to give us a FOURTH fucking goblin in 20 years

Please based MCU give me the live action Vulture I've always wanted even if the live action Vulture I've always wanted would have been played by Robert Englund (who fuckin nailed the voice in SSM)

Oh don't worry, Keaton is most likely Norman, but I think they're going the slow route with him. So we will get some nice Vulture action if that script leak is anything to go by.

I wasn't a fan of Iron Goblin but now that I'm older and wiser, I realize theyprobably wouldn't have landed Dafoe if he had to sit through 6 hours of make-up for every Goblin shoot.

I am just so fucking tired of Goblin. I'm glad Spidey got introduced in Civil War because jesus christ if they started from square one AGAIN, I would have killed Uncle Ben myself.

I'm hoping we get Kraven, or Mysterio, or some kind of villain that we haven't seen yet. Maybe go the organized crime route; I've heard rumors that they might incorporate Kingpin, but if not him, then how about Tombstone and Hammerhead?

This is weak but it would have been salvageable if they just threw the purple tunic and the hat and man purse on him

If this was the mask, and I didn't know who green goblin was at the time, I would have been confused why he wasn't Asian.

I would accept a purple cloak with a hood honestly.

>Aunt May is watching the news
>"Peter you friends dad is giving a speech about his corporation"
>Cut too the tv
>Semi-Truck in front of OS corp.
>Meaaaaaaa! Meaa! Meaaa!
>Aunt May: "He sure does have a way with words, don't you think Peter?"

Id have been okay with the armor if it had purple areas on it

youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg

haven't you seen the animatronics for this for the 2002 film?

I would have LOVED this to be honest.

didn't king write and direct this movie on crack?

bit smaller ears
bit darker green
bit larger cap and it'd be perfect

That's not the cap, is just a structure to elongate the head and make the hat hold it's shape when it's on.

Huh. Actually. I guess the ears are that big.

No it was during the time where all he did was write and snort coke.

King did EVERYTHING coked/cracked/high/drunk of his mind up until the late 80's, by his own admission he doesn't even remember writing Cujo.

My fucking sides

Ah. True. Hadn't clicked on tbe thumb or seen the video for a bit.