"Childhood is when you idolize the Star Wars movies"

>"Childhood is when you idolize the Star Wars movies"
>Adulthood is when you realize these two games makes more sense"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kotor 1 is shit.

Only second game improves on the film's universe in any meaningful way.

Kreia pill is post-nihilism lite and that's all right.

too bad KOTOR2 is a pile of garbage

Only good piece of entertainment the series has ever produced is pic related

*steps in between kotor 1 and you*
*crosses arms protectively*

Back off, kid.

KOTOR 1 is the OT with a Mary Sue and bland, one note characters
KOTOR 2 is like whiskey and a cigar.

i replayed this a couple months ago

dont remember it to be this fucking difficult

you forgot jedi knight franchise

>tfw we will never get a star wars movie about kyle katarn, the hero we dont deserve

t.transgender helicopter

>kotor 1 is literally ANH in videogame form
>kotor 2 is its buggy, edgier son

kotor 2 best rpg of all time

KOTOR I is just a better done rip-off of the OT (when compared to TFA). While the world building is top notch, and the Rakatan mystery is great, it really comes down to
>ragtag group of Rebels and Jedi in "the fastest ship in the ___" search to stop a super weapon controlled by a cyborg Sith Lord and his army of troopers

KOTOR II however is turbo kino and probably the best Star Wars story to ever be written.

t. 12 year old autist who can't think

>adulthood
>plays games

wont be so funny when you get drafted for war in asia

Obsidian probably could have finished KoTOR 2 and have it be one of the best SW games ever if they hadn't made Peragus take like 3 fucking hours.

Fuck Peragus.

>mfw still got KOTOR II & dying to play it but the install disc doesn't work

The best thing about star wars was always the Thrawn trilogy
But since Disney made sure it's dead and buried for ever, kotor games are all that remains.

The only good part of the Thrawn Trilogy was Thrawn himself. Everything else was garbage.

Best thing about SW other than ESB was the X-Wing novels.

Republic Commando

>Zalbaar, Kill Mission

nice

It's like $2 on steam ya jew. Also make sure to get the restored contrent mod

Kotor 2 is shit. It unironically looks and feels like some shit fan mod.

It's unfortunate how the first two and the last two hours of KOTOR 2 are such clusterfucks but everything in between is 10/10 fantastic.

tales of the jedi is the best

Even Peragus would have been a cool, atmospheric and creepy way to start the game if it had taken half the time. You spend like a whole hour and a half between finding Atton and the Republic Cruiser showing up that really didn't need to be there.

I preferred KOTORs tutorial level over KOTOR IIs on the asteroid, and tatooine but other than that KOTOR II is the better of the two games by far.

Doing the Star Forge without Jolee and Juhani was a fucking bitch and a half though.

>restored content mod

What's it do exactly?

I want another SW game along the lines of Jedi academy, the combat in that game was 11/10

It adds back in a shitload of (unpolished) scenes that Obsidian was forced to cut because the publishers wanted the game out for Christmas buying season instead of actually being good.

Your 20's is realizing Star Wars is fucking gay

>most interesting antagonist in KOTOR series
>badass back story
>your zombie star destroyer is literally held together with pure rage
>you can force genocide entire planets no big deal
>get run up on and die like a bitch in a couple hits to make way for some edgy goth lord with bad eczema

>wasted potential, the character

>tfw you're the focal point of 90% of the marketing for the game including the fucking box art but you could be cut from it entirely and basically nothing would change.

They did him so dirty.

N O T C A N O N

Haven't they brought some of it back into Canon? The Hammerhead from rebels/R1 comes to mind.

>proto mass effect
>nostalgia Injection

That beeing said, those games at least had rpg elements.
Unlike garbage shooter nmb. 5847822 fallout 4

Yea aspects like ship designs and even some events.

Peragus is like two hours. The problem is that discovering the cause of the situation is only interesting once, and being how it takes 8 levels to complete makes it feel much, much longer.
The pacing is slow until you finish Nar Shadaa, after which the game flies by because most planets are 3 linear maps with a handful of objectives. You're practically railroaded into the finale even with TSLRCM, and when you hit Malachor you just want to be done with it already instead of gaining 2 or 3 superfluous levels before the final boss.

it's good apart from
>that fucking horrible fan voice acting

It's overrated, but it's not shit. It's a solid 8 at worst.

KotOR I is your standard fare Star Wars story, though. TSL is a subversion of the whole thing, but it's unfinished even with the restore patch and really pretty much retreads the places you visited in the first one. Not everyone has the patience to go through the (fairly awesome) real time dice rolling combat to experience the story, so unless they make a compilation of the cutscenes and important dialogue, your attempt will fall into deaf ears.

Not as dirty as they did Revan and the Exile in that stupid fucking book.

>when you understand starwars better than george lucas

This user's analysis of Kreia's philosophy is bretty gud: youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg

The malachor event is canon but with changes.

>when the EU misinterprets how the force works

Fuck off Pablo

>not being medically unfit for service

I can't wait to spend all day playing vidya and shitposting while laughing at all of the draftcucks dying on gook dirt.

Kreia could have just been crazy though

normally i think this meme is shit, but this is a case where it is literally true

The story of Revan and Malak would be perfect for a grittier kind of Star Wars movie without coming off as needlessly edgy. Kind of like two young idealisitc bodies seeing the horrors of war and getting corrupted by it and turning on each other in the end without all the whacky friend gathering stuff of the game.

SWTOR needs to die though. Fuck this vitiate shit

I don't give a single shit about the MMO, but the Star Wars universe would be great as a setting for a more 'realistic' kind of war movie, with all it's designs.

Bioware retconned revan and Malaks fall to literal mind control

Way to ruin an interesting character arc.

Disney is going to ripoff Revans plot for Rey.

i remember when i was a kid my mom wouldnt let me play it since it was my brothers, just seeing nihilus on the cover he was scary as fuck to me
then i played the game when i was like 13 and the whole game im just waiting to get fucked over and over during nihilus fight.
2 shot him and im just like tf.

This is some good fucking bait.

I mean that was kind of the point. What happened to the Exile made them the only thing that could Nihlus.

stop* Nihlus

Kyle Katarn? More like Kino Katarn

>Couldn't get a KOTOR thread going on Sup Forums
>Theres one going here

>BvS meme

KoTOR 2 would be a really great film series or TV series honestly. It's bleakness is such a good subversion of Star Wars, but it felt like Star Wars all the way through (to me anyway, maybe not to normies). However, I think it would need to be adapted in some ways, not a straight up copy of the story. But the central themes and characters being the same.

Peragus was unironically good as a concept and gave such an eerie and creepy start to the game, sorta like 28 days later in Star Wars. I think it perfectly set the tone of KoTOR 2. However it did drag on pretty long, but I appreciate what it was trying to do.

It needs to be a new AAA game or have sexy girls on the cover to get any leverage on Sup Forums.

>It needs to be a new AAA game or have sexy girls on the cover to get any leverage on Sup Forums.
Or much like here, start with bait.

Was it kino?

You're god damn right it was. I still get chills every replay when confronting the Masters.

KOTOR 2 is trash, replay them faggot.

Reminder that Obsidian was planning to do a KOTOR 3 (hence why Darth Nihilus disappears, and Kreia saying how there must always be a Darth Traya), but LucasArts fucked them over and Bioware preferred to make The Old Republic.

10/10 made me tears

Malachor V gave me these feels.

>i remember when i was a kid my mom wouldnt let me play it since it was my brothers

The fuck? It's a video game. What difference does it make if someone else in the household plays it when he's not? It's not like it's gonna break or wear out.

She was probably worried he'd give it a virus

Did he die?

i'm not the only one who feels bad for that one cool jedi master who was banging that sexy queen right? he gets browbeaten into excommunicating the exile by his idiotic and dogmatic pals and then gets literally erased by kreia for it.

I liked KOTOR 2. Nar Shadaa was fucking awesome.

I hated how there was no option to side with the Jedi while attacking the palace with the rebellios general on that one planet.

Pretty sure your entire crew lives. Only atton has a risk of dying and that's if you have TSLRCM, since the duel with Sion only happens with the mod. Granted, if you made him a jedi you can easily smoke the hell out of Sion in 10 seconds because Atton has massive dexterity bonuses and is battling to save his waifu

I wonder if a fighting style like this could work in movie format

That's what I thought but the recordings for the remote made it seem like Bao-Dur died.

Also, Atton died on my TSLRCM mod run-through because I played a male character so I could bang the handmaiden.

Kotor would work best as a TV show because the story is so incredibly long and cutting memorable parts out is a real bummer. There has to be an example of people fighting floating swords in some kung-fu movie though, it'd probably look pretty cool if they did it right and used high quality fishing line.

>In an interview, Chris Avellone stated that Bao-Dur was intended to die during the Battle of Telos IV, while helping HK-47 reach and shut down the HK Manufacturing Plant

Damn, Bao-Dur was a chill brotha.

could make for a fun scene if the malachor V sequence was changed a bit if during some point Kreia was assaulted by 3 of the Exile's newly turned Jedi companions, fighting them to a standstill at the same time without any physical exertion on her part, just the force doing all the heavy lifting

>Not playing with the Sith Lords Restored Content Mod
>Not playing with the Skip Peragus mod
C'mon man...

kotor 2 is for super intellectual moral nihilists such as myself. sure the game is half baked, boring as fuck and babys first intro to philosophy but at least it has an old woman droning on for 10 pages of dialogue instead of kotor 1's saturday morning cartoon cutscenes haha i got that from the Sup Forums image because i cant form my own arguements. kotor 2 also has teh coolest bad guys evar like a guy who has had every fiber of his being broken and stitched back together, a evil ghost that sucks peoples force powers to get stronger and flies around in a broken ship powered sheerly through his force powers and kreia who uses 3 floating lightsabers with her mind fuck so epic and intellectual for a grown up like me

I don't think Bao-Dur dies, the wookiepedia article says he survived. The handmaiden is rad, but everyone knows Atton is the superior romantic lead. It's like half the reason people play as the canon female character. Also i played jedi jesus and had crazy force sex with Visas in my male playthrough

This guy was the living version of Wojak, he even sounded like him

Am i the only one who hates these games because its making me feel sad?
I swear that kind of shit only happens with rpgs.

Kotor 2 is the shit one

Pseudo-intellectual trash.

Ok Sup Forums, Netflix is going to make a an hour-long episode series of KOTOR and KOTOR II.

In terms of pacing, KOTOR takes place over 3 seasons with season 1's big bad being Calo Nord (Taris and second fight off-world), season 2 ending with the Revan reveal and escaping the Leviathan, and season 3 being the end of the Star Forge. KOTOR 2 follows similar pacing.

Cast the following based on skill of acting and assuming minimal CGI for the characters themselves.

Revan (male)
Bastila
Carth
Mission Vao
Zaalbar
Calo Nord
Darth Malak
Saul Karath
Canderous Ordo
Juhani
Jolee Bindo
HK-47
The Jedi Council members
The Exile (female)
Atton Rand
Kreia
Bao-Dur
Darth Sion
Handmaiden
Disciple
Mira
Hanharr
Darth Nihilus
Atris
G0-T0
Visas Marr

Kotor 2 is gay fanfiction

Also, back to Sup Forums

Unironically the best thing to come out of Star Wars

Manlet

Ok

Kotor is my jam. pure childhood vidyagame kino there

Even though the writing in 1 wasn't as good as 2, KoTOR1 was still miles better than the movies in terms of writing.