Becoming An American Politician: Religion

Sup Forums I need to fucking choose right now at an early stage in my life to buy into a christian religion if I ever hope to make it as a Republican in America.

Honestly I'm not religious, and ever will be, but I'll become a mudslime if it'll improve my chances of running in 2035 - 2040 with a PHD in economics.

So what will harbor me more votes in America (more specifically the south) Protestantism, Roman Catholicism, or Eastern Orthodoxy. I'm already thinking about 'converting' to Eastern Orthodoxy, but I'll like to know the arguments Sup Forums has against/for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
pastebin.com/9XxNnSU6
pastebin.com/ZSTu1ZvK
pastebin.com/FjeXZhXj
pastebin.com/zwxEkSri
pastebin.com/eSXfwKgT
pastebin.com/QbEvMzUX
pastebin.com/V7rpLJSZ
fairtax.org/faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>PhD in economics
Not good for becoming a politician. You want maybe a master's in Economics and Political Science. Then you want to work in finance or something similar for a while, while also being politically active.

>Religion
No. Last thing this world needs is another lying politician who clings to an identity in order to gain votes. Stand for what you believe in, like Trump, and not want you are told to support, like Clinton.

In America your only choices are (((evangelical))) conservative or Catholic democrat. Orthodoxy is the true faith but it isn't popular in western politics because we tend to be monarchists/traditionalists/fascists.

You've posted on Sup Forums. Congratulations! You are now connected to EVERYTHING that has ever been done and/or said here!

>Did you not post anything bad?
That's great, too bad no one will care! Your mere association with this place will be enough to hurt you.

You better hope the hitler platform is popular else you're fucked

I can always get the PhD and then a bachelors in Political science, obviously though I want to get experience via senator before running anything bigger.

I trust my onion routing abilities

Will it hinder me severely though if I were to become an Orthodox, I mean I'm still a Christian man.

Not unless you're saying things like take back Constantinople as part of your platform. There have been American Orthodox politicians. Michael Dukakis is one. Orthodoxy is generally looked upon favorably by American Catholics, and protestants probably prefer us to Catholics because we don't have ties to the Vatican and they are altogether too unfamiliar with us to have many negative opinions.

Protestantism

Literally no one here is Orthodox, although priebus is Orthodox

It's good to remember that the true church is not physical, and the righteous reside in all churches

I'd say non denominational Protestantism

"Born again", but never reveal what Church you are a member in or they'll dig all sorts of shit against you.

>literally no one here is orthodox
>Greek orthodox archbishop closed out the RNC

Alright, I'll definitely consider Orthodoxy more heavily, I figured as much though that Orthodoxy would be my best bet as steering clear of being openly Atheist while not joining a religious cult like the Mormons.

I plan to become a clergy of the church during my time at Uni

Can you elaborate more as to why

>Byzantium
>Restored
Pick one

The other thing is it can be difficult to hide your power level on the JQ as an Orthodox Christian. We are generally not pro-Israel because many Palestinians are Orthodox and so are others in the neighboring countries. Not to mention the fact that Jews are Christ killers and have opposed us for the last 2,000 years.

Some sort of protestantism is the easiest way. Just be sure you keep it mainline if you don't want to scare of the normies.

Fuck, I actually somewhat supported Israel

I'll probably just support a '2 state' solution to the Israel/Palestine bs.

If I become a clergy (regarding all denominations) am I able to leave and still be apart of the church, or is this something that they'll have me by the balls forever.

>PHD in economics.
What school of economics do you subscribe?

Thoughts on:
>Minimum wage
>Guaranteed minimum income
>Taxation
>Public works

Good luck with the interviews
>Let's talk about religion. What is your favorite Bible verse, Mr. Trump?
>Trump: I don't know any lol

>Mr. OP, tell us about how you found God?
>I asked that neonazi frog board lol

>Honestly I'm not religious, and ever will be, but I'll become a mudslime if it'll improve my chances of running in 2035 - 2040 with a PHD in economics.
>muffled Team America theme playing in the distance

To answer your question. Eastern Orthodox is the only answer.

Orthodox FAQ's and Reading List
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Argument for the historicity of the Gospels:
pastebin.com/9XxNnSU6

FAQ for Roman Catholics:
pastebin.com/ZSTu1ZvK

FAQ for Protestants:
pastebin.com/FjeXZhXj

FAQ for atheists:
pastebin.com/zwxEkSri

FAQ for liberals:
pastebin.com/eSXfwKgT

FAQ for Muslims:
pastebin.com/QbEvMzUX

FAQ for Jews:
pastebin.com/V7rpLJSZ

I'd love to see Orthodox politicians here.
It's what the world needs.

Still doing my first 2 years, so what I have to say now may change when I understand the subject more.

>Minimum Wage: Should stay the same as it was meant for teenagers

>Guranteed minimum income: I want to decrease income tax, not increase it, which would be the only way to fund an idea like this. I will say that I do understand why minimum income can be helpful to solving capitalism issues, it is unfathomable.

>Taxation: The goal is to lower taxes, not increase and spend

>Public Works: I support privatization of most state parks and among other fascilities, that being said I am a strong supporter of removing the billions going into foreign aid and spending more on public schools, as a society with an uneducated populace WILL have the worst of economies.

I hope that answers everything.

>I do understand why minimum income can be helpful to solving capitalism issues, it is unfathomable.
Looks like your Economics education really pays for itself.

That's the plan

I'll suck one of their dicks if it'll make them forgive me.

Eastern Orthodox to me has always been the one not full of shit and actually follow the bible.

Hopefully you'll see one in the future

Just remember to cast your vote 50 years from now for a Republican

It is an unfathomable SYSTEM, as you're literally taking money and giving it to everyone equally.

>eastern orthodox
>slav waifu's everywhere

>catholicism
>latina and flip waifu's

>protestant
>redpilled southern gun-loving waifu's

wew lad

Decisions will be made

>giving it to everyone equally
Are you thinking of a basic income? A Guaranteed Minimum Income is only giving enough money to cover what is determined to be a living income. Say, the minimum is $100 and a household makes only $75. That household will be given $25 to reach $100. A basic income is a universal blanket income. Everybody, from the poor to the rich, will be given the same amount. Again, say, the basic income is $100. A household that makes $100 will be given $100 and a household who makes $75 will be given $100.

>I want to decrease income tax, not increase it
I agree. I don't like the concept of an income tax to be begin with. I'm in favor of something like the "Fair Tax." It is a nationwide consumption tax that offsets the poor's effective tax rate with a prebate. Plus it gets rid of all federal taxation, including the income tax, corporate tax and capital gains tax. I'm not sure how workable this is.

The basic structure of the Fair Tax is sort of like a guaranteed minimum income, however, the official bill falls sort of actually being a GMI. I would like to see a taxation system that has the basic structure (consumption tax with prebate) modified it so it acts like a guaranteed minimum income. As far as eliminating every federal tax, I'm open to keeping the other taxes to keep a sustainable system and to balance the budget except income taxes.

fairtax.org/faq

>I don't like the concept of an income tax to be begin with.
I don't understand why there isn't a stronger movement to take us back to JUST sales taxes, to repeal the 16th Ammendment, and do away with unapportioned taxes altogether. Is that too abstract of a concept to sustain a mass movement over?

I got confused, my bad, I was thinking of basic income.

The idea of a guaranteed minimum income can be effective, or it can turn into almost a guaranteed form of welfare welfare where now I can PURPOSELY pick a bs and easy job and I'll know the government will help me barely get by as I live the easy life.

I want to remove government dependency from the people.

>Fair Tax Motion
To be fair, if I did away with corporate and capital gains (while I don't agree with them) I believe I won't be able to create some basic things the government can and SHOULD provide for as the free market won't be able to supply it fairly (e.g., Increase the funding of public schools).

And out of curiosity, what's your opinion on a system of corporate welfare that works like a business contract, that if you bring down the prices of lets say a $100 pill to $25 we will pay the business 50% of the expenses required to lower the prices of extremely needed necessities of the people. I believe a system like that while violates the free market principles it can solve the healthcare issues we have today that has proven to be one of the few things the free market cannot fix.

It would strip us of our national defense, the ability to be a national power, and turn us into a government too small to stop an invasion. That would only work if we literally only had a few people