Trump Economic Plan

I want to vote for him, but as an Econ major I have trouble with his plan.

Every source I've found points to it being flawed and increasing debt/causing recession... are there any studies to support the opposite?

Other urls found in this thread:

taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's a 33 page analysis on why his plan is a bad one...

taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan

Is this question Sup Forums's Kryptonite?

And his plan in comparison to Hillary's plan?

If you google it, the first 10 pages shows her decreasing debt while trumps increases it by 9-11 trillion.

I want trump to win but his plan seems...not good.

This is a bullshit bait, this is why you are not getting any you's faggot.
No shekels in your account.

Holy shit they're getting somewhat better at this baiting, it must be some government alphabet agency that's upping the game. Not quite there yet though and they never will be. Meme magic must be real, the non phonies here can spot the shills no matter how convincing they seem to be.

>taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan
What's interesting is that the Tax Policy Center is relatively conservative. So it's not some Democratic shill organization.

>an Econ major

>Every source I've found
>are there any studies
This is why undergrad degrees are increasingly useless. Enjoy paying back those loans.

>bad
more like pros and cons

>CONCLUSIONS Mr. Trump’s tax reform plan would boost incentives to work, save, and invest, and has the potential to simplify the tax code. By lowering marginal tax rates and further limiting or repealing many tax expenditures, it would reduce the incentives and opportunities to engage in some forms of wasteful tax avoidance. However, the plancould increase incentives for workers to characterize themselves asindependent contractors, to take advantage of the lower tax rate on business income, unless new rules were introduced to prevent this. The proposal would cut taxes on households at every income level, but much more as a share of income at the top.The fundamental concern the plan poses is that, barring extraordinarily large cuts in government spending or future tax increases, it would yield persistently large, and likely unsustainable, budget deficits.

implying forcing the government to spend less is a bad thing

There are literally only downsides to his plan. Also, this thread doesn't fit the narrative and is thus doomed. sorry OP.

No one is voting for trump because of his plans or policy, he doesnt really have any anyways just says really broad sweeping vague things that people want to hear.

They are voting because he is anti establishment.

The president doesnt have much power regardless, if he gets in office he will jsut be a figurehead and do even less than any other president because he is hated on both sides of the aisle.

There will be a few fuck you moments that his voters will look to to justify putting him in office.

4 years and he will be done and murrica will have learned its lesson.

If he doesnt get impeached that is.
literally the second he jeopradizes foreign relations congress will impeach his ass.

Bro an economic recession gives him an excuse to cut welfare and kill the revolting niggers.

So no sources to back his plan up? I posited a 33 pg. analysis by someone with a PhD in Economics, where's your contribution?

But isn't the author saying that should result in trillions of debt?

So he's going to hurt everyone?

Donald Trump HAS to cut spending or else he will be just another Ronny Reagan, a false fiscal conservative god.

>But muh tax cuts
Reagan didn't match spending cuts with the tax cuts and rode on the backs of future generations with deficits.

he says that the reforms would only increase the deficit if the government keeps spending as it currently does, cuts would be needed to avoid it since revenue would be cut if taxes were cut which I'm kinda in favor for since there is quite a lot of unnecessary spending going on as it stands

>If you Google it

Sorry just looking for some counterpoints. I want to support trump but this study seems to imply that the negative macroeconomic effects of his plan will offset any benefit it may have.

The article claims such cuts are unprecedented. Do you think he can pull it off?

>Do you think he can pull it off?
I don't think even the power of Kek could pull it off.

What are you talking about?

Trump's tax plan is brilliant. It will need reform down the line - it's a great short term economic solution. Keep more money in peoples' pockets and put a jolt in the economy.

it was bound to happen at some point, whether trump initiated it or not; it's either let the government keep spending/printing and completely destroy our purchasing power or cut our losses now and destroy less of our purchasing power and contain the situation to a degree

>College for a worthless degree

GOOD GOY

I guess they don't teach you how to form your own opinions in College, then.

Well it was Biz Econ technically so I'm actually doing pretty well compared to my friends who didn't go to school.,.

So just ignore the large increase in debt in the future?

Well I will admit my school had a fairly liberal agenda (I assume that's your issue), but I haven't seen an actual rebuttal for the analysis I posted above below my OP. I just want a logical reason to support his economic plan.