Cannes '17 general

Cannes '17 general

/cg/ Adam Sandler edition

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2017/may/22/the-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-review-colin-farrell-nicole-kidman-lanthimos-cannes-2017
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/the-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-review-cannes-2017-horror-movie-nicole-kidman-a7748976.html
variety.com/2017/film/reviews/the-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-review-1202439468/
hollywoodreporter.com/review/killing-of-a-sacred-deer-cannes-2017-1006199
cannes-rurban.rhcloud.com/index.pl/2017
todaslascriticas.com.ar/cannes/2016
youtube.com/watch?v=4J9cPI9u-eM
youtube.com/watch?v=8vSnRbTTvIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would make for a good Punished shoop. That hairline is just begging for a horn.

Happy End reviews are almost as negative as the Le redoutable ones

Pretty bad festival this year. There wasn't a single film that soul be truly loved by the critics.

generals are created by people unable to form opinions but want the 'good feelings' that come with making a 'successful thread'.

great contribution bro!

or maybe just want to talk about something not related to twin peaks or capeshit

can someone give me a quick rundown

Based Hong is getting the best reviews among films in competition. Do you think he has any chance since jury are not interested anymore in film but "social compromise"?

theguardian.com/film/2017/may/22/the-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-review-colin-farrell-nicole-kidman-lanthimos-cannes-2017

4/5

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/the-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-review-cannes-2017-horror-movie-nicole-kidman-a7748976.html

3/5

variety.com/2017/film/reviews/the-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-review-1202439468/

New tv show just purchased by Canal

>Gore, Historical Comedy

what

Is that jesus with a zombie?

I felt like RLMs review of Jack and Jill was probably the best synopsis of Adam Sandler and his body of work.

Yes it's about Jesus and Judas surviving a zombie apocalypse together. No joke.

Mixed with 80s style steampunk as well.

> @GuyLodge
>SACRED DEER (A-) Can't keep a good family down, so make it bad instead. A psychosomatic home-invasion horror: scalpel-cut, serenely chaotic.

> I would never have guessed a few years ago that Colin Farrell would find his life partner in Yorgos Lanthimos. Stay together forever, guys.

> SACRED DEER also features my favourite Kidman Mode: goosefleshed, still but internally roiling, enlivened by her difficult material.

Was that the one where they played with a bunch of fake blood for 5 minutes?

>being this autistic about people wanting to talk about one subject in particular

I’m actually shocked that Baumbach’s movie is getting the most positive feedback

The trash
right where it belongs

hollywoodreporter.com/review/killing-of-a-sacred-deer-cannes-2017-1006199

>The rich vein of unsettling darkness and psychological unease that ripples like a treacherous underground stream beneath the absurdist humor of Yorgos Lanthimos' work becomes a brooding requiem of domestic horror in his masterfully realized fifth feature, The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Reaching back to classical Greek tragedy for inspiration, this hypnotic tale of guilt and retribution provides an even more riveting role for Colin Farrell after his collaboration on the director's English-language debut, The Lobster. He's flanked by a never-better Nicole Kidman and a performance of chilling effectiveness from emerging Irish talent Barry Keoghan in a thriller that frequently invites comparison to vintage Polanski.

I'm surprised that the Redoutable ratings aren't that low considering how much pre-release hate it got.

He looks like a a back alley moroccan rug trader

Still no film with a Gustavo Beck rating >5....

They need to stop inviting Kawase everytime and old french cinema glory who lost it decades ago

can somebody explain how the rating system works in the screenshot I don't get it

Average/Number of voters standard deviation

so those are out of 10? I'm glad the godard biopic is getting trashed then

The Godard biopic is overperforming. It was getting huge amounts of hatred before anyone had seen it.

That's because it's probably a fine flick despite the subject triggering a certain section of critics.

Yeah it's out of ten, you can find the full thing here : cannes-rurban.rhcloud.com/index.pl/2017

As said, the godard biopic is doing rather well consider all the hatred it got before the first screening.

wtf I love godard now

Just you wait. The Beguiled will swoop in out of nowhere and claim the Palme d'Or. It's going to be the best film made by any fucker with the surname Coppola since Apocalypse Now.

Fucking Haneke PR tried to sell it is a migrant crisis flick and got everyone worked up over nothing. The lack of Sup Forums outrage is my biggest disappointment at Cannes so far.

Tentatively interested, but after The Lobster I feel like Lanthimos is dangerously close to becoming the dad from Dogtooth, creating these closed off worlds with unclear rules designed just to make characters suffer for a muddled greater purpose.

I've never heard a single person discuss Kawase outside of rolling their eyes that she's at Cannes again.

>It's going to be the best film made by any fucker with the surname Coppola since Apocalypse Now.

That's really not much of a compliment

Haneke will win even being critically panned. Just remember Loach and Dolan

Nice dubs, but Loach wasn't panned.

Dolan is the best director alive though, it's different

Pedro just after Happy end screening
Haneke BTFO

todaslascriticas.com.ar/cannes/2016

Bump

Sean Baker's movie is getting praised !

CANNES LIVESTREAM
English
youtube.com/watch?v=4J9cPI9u-eM
French
youtube.com/watch?v=8vSnRbTTvIw

Happy End press conference right nao

He gave good grades in the parallel sections

i think hte 120 minutes film might win palm dor, great reviews and lgbt

Sean Baker is a hack

I'm really excited for it

fuck off, tangerine and starlet were great

>Colin Farrell just arrived

>skip photocall and press conference
>go to the premiere

what a diva

The commentary is unintentionally hilarious.

Explain

>we have to go back to our lives whilst they watch kino behind closed doors

lol, I didn't know that

Hong just crashed this festival with no survivors

critics =/= jury

>Make movies about yourself every year
>Win every festival possible

Hong the Hung

>The city of Yorgos Penn

Hail Hong

Yorgos was booed and the critics disliked his film because they it was too heavy. It seems there's a lot of violence towards children.

That was Grown Ups 2

NICOLE CAN STILL GET IT

wew, why do the frogs hate Yorgos? The anglo critics all gave him good scores.

fuck off, they're decent
one of the best in last years

I'm happy that there is JURY and not retarded movie critics
Haneke still has a chance

Boy I can't wait to watch The Square online in a matter of 11 months just like every other quirky cannes movie