SJW Ghostbusters is not doing very well

SJW Ghostbusters is not doing very well.

Shouldn't have isolated their fucking fanbase and shoved feminist horseshit down their viewers' throats.

>shaming people into spending money on and watching a movie

who thought this would be a good idea?

First & Second Post, Best Posts

$144 budget
$100+ advertising
-50% to theaters
----------------
$500 million to break even

Movie is yet to be released in Russia, France, Germany, Japan...

I wonder what are the chances it's gonna be a box office bomb.
There's no hype for this movie in Europe. I doubt many people will go see it.

I think they need double the production budget (280 million)

It will probably make around 180 million. I hope it will make less.

worked fine when they did it with madmax

Mad Max worked much better because it was a well-crafted movie, regardless of how you feel about how it handles gender issues.

Ghostbusters is nothing but computer generated images for the benefit of really weak jokes and gender role reversals.

Mad Max was a great movie which was more than the story and the message.

>$144 million budget
Jesus christ, how?

>Mad Max
>good

Its no longer 2015; we can stop pretending

50% to theaters.. you don't understand the movie theater industry and compromises your logic here.

Theaters are lucky to get a 5% take week 1 and is usually 0% for major releases. The take percentages increase week-to-week but not significantly.

It's actually doing fine. It will probably break even or make a small profit. But I'm sure Sup Forums needs to spin this as a disaster to feel good.

Most of it was probably spent on feeding the fat feminist cast.

Ya investors always want more but they profit in the end. Home distribution and television licensing is worth more than the box office take with most movies now.

>angry babymen win again
I really wanted this movie to succeed but it seems hate wins again
Sigh why does god allow this

And they're not even accounting for the marketing budget! BTFO

Errrrrrrr

It's still running in the cinemas and already close to earning its cost

Stop making these ridiculous threads, the movie might be shit, and might not be earning as much as some would have liked, but it's definately going to stuff the pockets of the people who funded it.

Well it's a win in regards to studios thinking twice about staking big budget projects on narrow target demographics

>breaking even
>good for sony
The parent company is already pissed that the studio hemorrhages money, breaking even is a step closer to the studio's closure.

The cast and crew are pretty big names.

Every single commercial break during the Apehoop finals they had an advertisement with Kobe. It's gotta be pretty high.

>big cast

sneaky

Sony already said they are making sequel even after the disappointing first weekend.

It's over. They're committed to shoving it down our throats even if they bankrupt themselves in the process.

Way better than I thought it would do.

Truth here, but won't be a big budget summer tent pole

m8 that number doesn't include advertisements

the message of the movie was literally "vaginas are the most precious resource on the planet".

>faggot detected.

WITNESS MEEEEEE!!!

SUPPLY
AND
DEMAND

NOT
ROCKET
SCIENCE

>People with too much time on their hands are triggered as they believe mad max is some feminist agenda movie
I want autism to leave

Can't wait for Bill Murray to speak at the DNC and plug that movie like there's no tomorrow. Will probably brand everyone who doesn't see it twice an "enemy of women", destroying hundred years of progress etc.

>people thinking this movie didn't already flop
People have already moved on to Star Trek and now they are looking forward to Suicide Squad. It's way too late for any significant boost in sales to happen. Ghostbusters failed spectacularly, even if they don't want to admit it.

Which is half true.

stop being a hipster

you know you'd slip furiosa the D

It seems nobody is talking about it in France and I doubt some of my friends (except the redpilled ones) even know about it's existence.

Mad Max is feminist the same way that Heavy Metal magazine is feminist when it features big titted cows riding pterodactyls. The fact that feminists find male sexual fantasies empowering just shows how much of a parody of themselves that they really are.

Without big name actors/directors, you can make a movie for about $100k.

But actors bring star power.
If they had made a female ghostbusters with no well known actresses, this movie would already be out of theaters and on its way to the bargin bin.

That is not actually that terrible a thing. People who were optimistic despite all signs will have seen the first movie, realize that it is in fact as terrible as people said it would be, and Sony will blow their money on another, bigger even more expensive sequel that no will see because everybody will have learned their lesson the first time.

Nobody is making a CGI-fest like this for 100k.

And look how well that worked out for the vaginas

That $125 mil is bullshit.
It's not even $50