How do you stop him?

How do you stop him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eqVhKOxmJCw
forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2016/06/15/inside-george-r-r-martins-earnings-through-the-years/
nielsentopten.com/2014/04/18/adaptation-how-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-book-sales-move-with-game-of-thrones/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kill Dany.

His legs look weird. And where is the rest of his body?

>these dragons are dangerous I have to lock them up for two seasons
>okay they just broke out of their prison but they all listen to me now, it's fine
I hate this show

With another dragon.

ice dragon, or you don't once you get to balerion size dragons are essentially unkillable

Did you not watch the last two seasons, champ?

Feed it a bomb

I really want the show to introduce the dragon horn and have someone straight up self-sacrifice to kill Drogon.

The book, with all the flaws weighing down it, handles this a lot better because when Dany's dragons break loss, they pretty much fly everyother. And it makes the "dragons = nuclear weapons xD" allegory so much more power, because it's meant to mimick nuclear profileration, and basically everyone being fucked since different sides now own nuclear weapons, ie dragons.

Rathalos from Monster Hunter? I can take him.

Possible, but i don't see drogon dying at all, maybe the other 2, just my opinion anyways.

thats a big dragon

everywhere*
Fuck

Who gets dragons in the books besides Danny?

You warg into one of the other dragons and kill it

>wahhhh the books have flaws
I hate this /lit/ meme that the books are poor. Next to Wheel of Time, it's probably up there in the top three best fantasy series of the last decade.

A few of these. It apparantly needs to hover to burn things, even highly flammable shit like ships, so you wouldn't need many.

Other sides own dragons?

You fucked up more words than that

north korea

its a mess

There are hints at ice dragons.

>wheel of time

got to book seven and my head felt like it was going to explode with boredom

>tugs braid

Three dragons for the three remaining targaryeans, Dany, Jon Snow, Tyrion

All three mother died at birth. It's like poetry. Also explains why tyrion didn't turn out normal like his siblings. And why the Lannister dad hated him

This never happens in the books

>wheel of time is boring
Well no wonder your opinions are shit.

im seriously laughing at the mental picture of NK finding dragons and the first thing they do is strap a nuke to it

This motherfucker got a beer belly, look at that

Dorne some say, and for the other ones, no one else knows since the fat-fuck hasn't delivered on his book for the last six years.
To white walkers is the meme theory that goes around I guess.

>implying the writing isn't appalling
>the more she drank, the more she shat, and the more she shat, the more she drank
An actual quote brought to you by GRRM.

Not a native in English heh.

We don't know yet but point is Dany actually lost control over them for real;

>what is Quentin freeing the dragons
Sure...

What...the fuck are you talking about

>Tyrion is a Targ meme

Sup

Targs have blonde hair.

Using an Alatreon bow with dragon atk+2. Ezpz.

Oh, and why the dragon in Dany basement didn't kill tyrion

Actually on rereading myself, I'm ashamed. That's what I ger for hurrying.

>implying the writing isn't appalling
It's not.
>the more she drank, the more she shat, and the more she shat, the more she drank
Oh wow, one line. I'm sure every single line in thousands upon thousands of pages is just as bad. What a stupid meme.

Fuck off, you pretentious faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=eqVhKOxmJCw

... You're shitting me right? There are entire plotlines of filler.

Maybe not when they are mixed with non targ blood. Look at Jon snow

7 and 8 were utter shite.
9 and 10 were better
After Jordan died, the new guy moved the story along at a nice pace.

>world building is filler
Why are you even reading fantasy then?

That'd have taken care of the giant too. How the fuck do the various nobles get into each other's fuckheug castles when they apparantly have zero siege technology?

magic missile

>Fuck off, you pretentious faggot.
>knowing that there's better out there means I'm pretentious

Again, that wrote out that entire post from before should be enough to prove that I really appreciate GRRM for his themes, and how he deconstructs the genre, but I think that we're not lying to each other if we say prose has been done better.

Also, GRRM from a narrative standpoint doesn't really know how to end plotlines without bringing in more characters, and making things een more complicated.

Exactly. He is clearly not a targ as he has dark hair.

Probs because it hasn't been needed in so long people let the existing ones fall into disrepair and in general people stopped studying how to make them.

are you taking the piss?

>knowing that there's better out there means I'm pretentious
No, it's pretending something is shit because now it is popular, makes you pretentious.

Cut the CGI budget. Worked for the direwolves.

But the dragon cgi is actually really good now, finally. You can't get around it now with the dragons.

Aren't those monk dudes tasked with keeping a record of these things?

>No, it's pretending something is shit because now it is popular, makes you pretentious.
>ASoIaF
>popular
Mate...

And for that matter, I adore Stendhal, Proust, Sand, Doestovosky, and they're popular as hell, so I'm pretty sure I don't correlate it with how popular something is.

sudden death rune would be better.

>expecting press releases to be representative of the final product

oh user

The entire Dany storyline is filled with hypocrisy and stupidity. I'd rather the show follow the travels of the cock merchant than focus on the cliche-fest that is Danaerys.

>How do you stop him?
Dragon license fee and ownership tax

No.

It is well established in the show how genetics work.

Essentially why GoT makes no sense, there needed to be a Roman allegory in their world before all medieval shit and this would have by and large taken care of all story inconsistencies.

Romans would have fucked those dragons up.

Valyria was a Rome allegory wasn't it?

Jamie is the other Targ

>ASOIAF isn't popular
Please tell me you are pretending to be retarded.

This post made me remember the final battle where they sent that giant into battle with no armor and not even a tree-trunk for a weapon but just his bare hands.

I did no such thing. I was talking about the last season.

Introduce a new character in the final season that seems unlikely to win, but rallies the people to Make Westeros Great Again

There's been dark haired Targaryens.
House Baratheon was also founded by a Targaryen bastard with dark hair.

Hanging on the niche general that is /got/ must've probably warped your expectations of how many people have actually read the books.

It's still probably 1% of all show-watchers, so yes, minute.

Holy shit you sound stupid. Despite the books being NYTimes bestsellers since the fucking 90s, the show catapulted book sales all over the fucking planet. You have to be exceptionally obtuse to ignore how the global popularity of the show, increased vested interest in buying the books almost three times what they were selling before the show.

forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2016/06/15/inside-george-r-r-martins-earnings-through-the-years/

The books continue to sell incredibly well. You need to be a dumb faggot to push this meme.

That didn't happen in the book. That scene was loosely based on a Quentyn Martell chapter.

Show Tyrion was mostly doing Barristan's storyline with a bit of Quentyn's. Book Tyrion is doing something with mercenaries at the moment, with Jorah and Penny.

nielsentopten.com/2014/04/18/adaptation-how-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-book-sales-move-with-game-of-thrones/

Book sales increase each season.

His point is that most show watchers don't read the book. Books are definitely less popular than TV. I think you can both be right. The books can be selling incredibly well with most people watching having never read the books. I only got around to reading the books last year and had been watching for a while

Leave him be, he thinks he is part of some secret club.

>His point is that most show watchers don't read the book
His point was only that ASOIAF was unpopular. Then he moved the goalposts to compare ratings with book sales.

I still say they should have sacrificed all the metal they could find into just making him one fuck retarded set of huge armor.

wouldn't even need a huge army at that point since the armor'd giant would just crush everything

God forbid if you found enough steel to make him a 30 ft longsword

They call it a dragon, but make it a wyvern.
EVERY FUCKING TIME

Dragon is an umbrella term. Like dog.

>Despite the books being NYTimes bestsellers since the fucking 90s,
Considering how easy it is for books nowadays to soar to the best-seller category, with close to no one bothering with them, I don't think it being NYTimes best-seller says anything.

But look, if we adhere to your logic that I'm lashing out at the book to distance myself from the crowds of people that love it, wouldn't it be a smarter move for me to smugly defend the books as the "end all be all", to distance myself from the even bigger crowd that is now the show's audience. If I'm the contrarian you say I am, wouldn't I have the brains to go against 4 million people, or however many watch the show, and not go against the small X thousand that have read the books?

What I'm trying to say is a contrarian's stance would be parrot the books as something untoppable basically.

Maybe I underestimate how many people have gotten into ASoIaF, but trust me I don't give it criticism because it's popular. Also, the other user is blowing my criticisms out of proportions, when I've already conceded that I love the story and themes, and get irked only at the prose from time to time.

Call the IRS.

read them*
Am a fuck-up.

I think he wanted it to be but I meant in pre-medieval period of the world, Valyria seems like it is just beginning of same period, even though there was a greater time difference than it's real world analog.

Bruh, they're not real things. There is no taxonomic classification for them. Whatever people say is a dragon is a fucking dragon because it's fucking make believe.

Please get help for your aspergers.

semantic shift

deal with it

Looks like fucking chicken

>it doesn't matter that it isna NYTimes bestseller
Oh, you are just grasping at straws with all of this nonsense now. Stop fucking posting.

I really wish the White Walkers have some kind of sorcery that would create/reawaken an Ice Dragon. Dany just swooping and killing them with her dragons seems way too predictable.

You sure do love moving the goalposts.

Not that user, but I think he meant the taxonomy of the established universe.

This feels like dragon vs wyvern arguments that happened because of the LOTR prequels. Next it'll mutate into a cut vs uncut argument

>it's probably up there in the top three best fantasy series

"It's the least smelly turd" isn't much of a compliment

I agree. Its like taking a seasoned fighting pitbull and expecting him to be a lap doggo. If you don't give him some nigger kids to bite every once in awhile, he's gonna go batshit

Oh fuck off already.

JDAM

GoT was so much better when these dragons weren't around. Fantasy shit always has to ruin good things.

Yes, and so do you. You took my mild "the books are better and here's why, buuuuut some bad things too" to an "omg i hate the books LOL".

But that isn't what you said at all...

>dragons ruin fantasy

back to your containment board please

How did I not though? user was demeaning the show for something retarded that happens in it, so I jumped in to say "yah that"s why the books are better", gave a brief overview of the themes the book have (so basically meaning I like them enough to read up on what people have thought about them), and then did a "despite all its flaws"-thing to show that I don't idolize them either. You asked me to clarify, and I pointed you to the prose which could be better, from where you started overanalyzing that I felt like I had to shit on them because they had gotten popular.

Is he a dragon, a wyvern or a drake?

tfw no threatening pink letter in the show followed by a Julius ceasering
>Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red whore.
Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls of Winterfell. Come see them, bastard. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

>I will have my bride back. If you want Mance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all the north to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six whores who came with him to Winterfell.

>I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

>Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell.