Alien: Covenant - Neomorph Concept Art

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3438444/tons-alien-covenant-concept-art-nightmarish-early-neomorph-design/

Other urls found in this thread:

carlos-huante-monstruo.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like something out of Resident Evil.

>nightmarish
are they retarded?

>Could've gotten a werewolf
We missed out. No really. Jesus fucking Christ that would've been fresh in comparison and freakier.

Reminds me of something...

>"dude, what if we made humanoids with exaggerated animal features?"
>ridley's head comes up, a small amount of cocaine still on his lip
>"I'll call fox"

deleted earth scene

Fuck, that's beautiful

This is borderline deviantart

I've seen better furfag drawings honestly

most people who work on this shit has a deviantart, I worked on a cardgame for android and the people they hire to draw even used that site as a portfolio

at least artstation killed deviantart

They're skilled illustrators, but their ideas just aren't too good. These all look like throwaway monsters for a Resident Evil Revelations sequel. They took the deep sea look of "Beluga" Prometheus concept art and ran with it, and it completely lost touch with the DNA of Alien. The Neomorph they ultimately went with in Covenant was the best, and the one that changed the least from the original art.
>Unlike other Xenomorphs, which are encased in rigid, black exoskeletons, the Beluga-Xenomorph is described as being ivory white and boneless, the latter of which allows it to alter its body shape and become a gelatinous, amorphous blob, allowing it to squeeze through gaps that would otherwise be too small for it.[2] Its skin is vaguely translucent, and at the front of its elongated skull, a human-like skull can be seen beneath. It has long, spindly limbs, and jaws that can lever forwards out of its mouth (a trait given to the Deacon in Prometheus).[2]
Shit sounded creepy, it's almost a shame they didn't go with it in Prometheus.

what a shitty design

>Literally just stuck a goblin sharks head onto the body

lmao

Why are all these monsters called Carlos?

I assume its the artists name

Maybe it was a crewmate that got infected, but the plotline got scrapped?

Because they're all illegal aliens.

The original link to the artist webpage
carlos-huante-monstruo.com/

This is sort of creepy.

He makes a difference between Alien Covenant and Prometheus 2 (the one with alien flowers and mutant chiuahuas). I wonder how many scripts of this thing exist.

Did the notes from Ridley say "make it as edgy as possible" because this is ridiculous

>it's a "deviantart tries to compete with H. R. Giger" episode
Do they not realize that a part of what made Alien popular was the extremely unique biomechanical design?

What the fuck is this shit

>take generic animal
>give it a vagina mouth

Because these designs have to go back

fuck i would've loved it something original as this showed up in the movie

Holy shit IMMEDIATELY kill yourself

You mean Resident Evil tier garbage?

not a fan at all

beat me to it. damn you fernando.

So what purpose does the long back of head part serve on the perfect organism?

Really?

>from the parallel universe where Jurassic Park 4 had the Raptor Power Rangers comes Alien: This Time It's A Shark

Carlos Huante is one of the most generic concept artists I've seen, goddamn. I was watching one of his tutorial videos and that was the usual "monster with big shoulders + dog legs + insect claws" you've seen 1000 times, and these all look as uninspired. The movie monsters managed to look good despite though

(tard voice) HIYA DAD

big guy

Reported for anti semitism

>he hasn't realized it isn't the xenomorph

The primary storage area of the bioelectrically-charged acid that fuels them, also acts as an antenna to draw in electromagnetic fields from their environment hence why they nest in spaceships and industrial installations.

yeah, dem thighs

CUTEEEEEEE

This

>humanoid with a giant arm
this has got to be the shittiest trope in zombie games

Why is modern Hollywood so shit at creature design?

The market for artists is too saturated. Back in the day, these people were doing it for their enjoyment or just scraping by doing the cover art for throwaway fantasy novels. No one became an artist because they thought it could be lucrative. Nowadays, you have millions of these kids dedicating their lives to it, outright anticipating careers in film and video games. From the Anglosphere, from Russian, from Brazil, whatever, they're all battling it out online for notability on sites like Deviant Art. It's too damn hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. You can go through a hundred of samey portfolios and not find a single stand-out artist, you're not gonna find the Gigers anymore who have a twisted and unique imagination. 10% of artists are probably tryhards consciously trying to BE "a Giger" because they think it'll get them noticed.

I agree. The macho, masculine shoulders of Nacho's designs pale in comparison to the erotic, psycho-sexual designs of giger, which are a greater more disturbing and interesting. I can't stop thinking about the shitty monster design that have become fashionable, the chad-monster's are fucking everywhere now.

All this shit looks boring. Typical video game fair.

what in god's name inspired Giger

>DUDE REMEMBER THE THING LMAO
>original

don't insult vidya monsters like that

>The iconic extraterrestrial and the myriad other monsters in Giger's early paintings and sculptures were inspired by nightmares that he would sketch out upon waking.

I just thought about it, we've only seen earth like 3 times in the whole franchise.
Ripley's apartment in Aliens, Scotland in Prometheus, and the opening Covenant scene with Weyland and David.

the alternate ending of Resurrection would have also featured earth. but your right, very few earth based scenes in the franchise.

Oh shit, I haven't actually seen Resurrection.

The concept artist saw it was for Alien and thought they meant "illegal Alien"

supp Sup Forums

bye Sup Forums

Check this out, what is this supposed to be

it looks insane

Dumb people on a different planet without helmets?

This is how he should have been infected. Microscopic spores that can infect you through the skin is a little OP, considering that the Neomorph is supposed to be the "less evolved" alien.

spores obviously. like a type of fungi
probably plants infected with the black goo (this is concept art of pre-prometheus)
or since the planet in prometheus was an "outpost" those plants are weapons. who knows

I don't think these are neomorphs, his website shows lots of concept art for different movies, this might be from a canned prometheus sequel, the same one show alien flowers

There's also this with engineer transforming into some shit

and the follow up

Alien is deader than disco. Xenomorphs are stale and far from scary. Every movie and comic in the franchise is repetitive to a degree that makes capeshit look daring and risk-prone.

his unconscious mind.

because none the kids that are drawing nowadays have even touched a single book of art, or know any art history. all their aesthetic references come from video games, so they repeat the tropes ad nauseum. id love if there would come a Bosch inspired artist, or Francis Bacon inspired monsters, but no, their artistic awareness is limited to the last 10 years only.

pretty much

Geigers they are not.

It was kind of nice they had some of David's drawing being what appeared to be real Geiger ones.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Maui&Sons

Hollywood is fucking done.

stick a fork in it.

wtf this looks more like Resident Evil

This looks even more brootal, why didn't they include it?

That's like the least weird looking creature from the scrapped Jurassic Park 4

thats what it is retard

I would of at least liked more diversity before the xenomorph, or no have xenomorph.

Feng zhu talked about it a bit on one of his youtube vidoes, the concept artists present their work based on the ideas of the writers/directors/producers/the guys who are paying them, and they make multiple versions, some more original and crazy and others more generic. The producers almost always go with the generic stuff because they pick something familiar that has been proven to be succesful before, and we never see the light of day of the more original and interesting stuff unless there's a crazy "visionary" director who's also got pull with the studio.

Even the original Alien movie was going to have a generic shitty alien design until Jodorowski showed the producers (or Ridley, can't remember, it's in the Alien making of on youtube) the work of HR Giger (cause he was working with him on Dune) and they saw or some other image and said "that's our xenomorpth". HR Giger went on to actually not only draw the creatures and ship interior, but also sculpt the eggs and the creatures (using real animal bones, and real animal organs for the eggs, which is why the egg look is so perfect).

So it's so good because they had an excellent crazy auteur director

A funny thing about the original Alien movie, it's completely a studio movie, with many different directors and writers and outside artists attached and interfering with the final product, and for that it came out amazing, a process that today is blamed for creating bad movies.

Also in a background shot during Weyland's introductory speech to the crew in Prometheus. And possibly but unconfirmed at the start of Prometheus (could be any other planet though)

It's not from Alien Covenant, it's from some version of Prometheus 2/early Alien Covenant

There's lots of concept arts of alien flora, which was probably the focus of one version of these movies that didn't have xenomorphs until it turned into Alien Covenant, I think a flower also turns an engineer into something, there's a story board thing in which it happens in this carlos guy site if you look it up

i love this

Interestingly it turns the Engineer more into the classic 79 chair integrated Space Jockey design. Probably enlarges too to explain the height discrepancy

I found out the pics are in different sections with the movie name, the flower thingsand these are from Paradise Lost or basically Prometheus 2

The artwork for that says it's from Prometheus 1, so from what I guess it's actually just concept art for engineers, I thought it was about one transforming into super space jockey

What was Ridley thinking with this concept?

>Also in a background shot during Weyland's introductory speech to the crew in Prometheus.
Dude that was Mars.

somebody please tell me where I can watch the movie without having to pay for it

Get an invite to the exclusive deep web scene where lossless 4k master recordings are distributed and never released to the torrent scene, watch camrips from public trackers, or just web stream a camrip with Korean subs from some shady Russian site.

Why you don't want to pay for it user?

In most places it's only $2 bucks, $3 tops and the theater doesn't even fill up because all the normies are watching GOTG.

That's my thing. I need someone to point me in the right direction. Googling fucking "shady russian streaming site" probably won't do much.

Reminds me of Hellstar Remina

Resident Evil concept art
Rejected Underworld monster design
Gritty Street Sharks reboot
When you fuck around with the facial sliders too much in a video game

Either way these are all better than than the housecat sized backburster we got which was somehow capable of killing two grown-ass women with access to weapons.

This really makes me wish we'd gotten a Hybrid Shaw at the end. I mean, not really but seeing her in some sexy Queen of Blades bondage gear would have been mint.

Giger was a fucking genius of the twisted and it's sad to see his creation reduced to its present mediocrity.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a massive bloody hill up the road from the Eiffel Tower, but the film's naff anyway so I'll let it slide.

His own imagination. He took opium as a means to stop dreaming/imagining these horrors constantly. If you ever see footage of the guy he looks hanted.

>literal hover hands