Greenland General

Simplified plan:

Greenland is a small nation (population-wise). It is still dependent on Denmark for 600 million of its GDP (1 billion total). There are many rampant problems such as suicide, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc. This is mainly due to the rapid modernization/industrialization that has been pressured by the Danish government. We can use these problems to our advantage, particularly the high suicide rates. @ItzBettmo (a Norwegian member) is going to be the head of a fundraising campaign in which we will advertise ourselves as a charity which intends to send LED lights proven to lower suicide rates. Once this is finished, we should hopefully have a good amount of money to work with. We have found an abandoned mining town (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivittuut) where we intend to build our facility. This facility will have a server farm, hydroponics system, and anything else deemed necessary. The climate should ensure low costs of the server farm, and it should generate enough heat for the entire facility.

The goal is to eventually gain enough political clout and tag along with the Greenlandic Independence movement. After that, exploit the abundant oil and mineral deposits, while promoting an environment enticing to high end parts manufacturers.

The mineral composition is fairly high quality, while the available sites are increasing annually due to the ice caps melting.

Relevant links:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Greenland

www.brookings.edu/research/reports/2014/09/24-greenland-energy-mineral-resources-boersma-foley

www.indexmundi.com/greenland/natural_resources.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Greenland

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Greenland

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3525923/

npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2016/04/21/474847921/the-arctic-suicides-its-not-the-dark-that-kills-you

Discord server: discord.gg/q3bPXbT

Forum: greenlend.boards.net/ (new forum is being created)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenlandic_independence
youtube.com/watch?v=REmSFD1KPwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump.

Bump

Pic related

Bump

also pic related

Fuck off.

bump

Bump

^

It must be fun paying for 56,400 Inuits to get drunk

That's a cheap price to pay for all that oil and minerals.

They'll get independence eventually

Feel like I'm getting drunk in an Icelandic tavern, it's 982 and you are that crazy guy Eric with the red bread telling tall tales lad...

>Greenland
>Green
>yeah right
>fuck ouf Eric

What makes you think that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenlandic_independence

"Greenland's former prime minister, Kuupik Kleist, has repeatedly expressed the need to diversify Greenland's economy, which mainly relies on fishery, tourism and a substantial annual block grant from the Danish state.[18][19] Economic stability is seen as a basis for full political independence from Denmark. Some campaigners have touted the year 2021 (the 300th anniversary of Danish colonial rule) as a date for potential independence"

>Economic stability is seen as a basis for full political independence.

lol

Bjork wrote a song about it

I'm sorry they're literal snowniggers, if they leave us they need find someone else they can get their free shekels from.

> advertise ourselves as a charity which intends to send LED lights proven to lower suicide rates

You expect to get enough funding for hydroponic and server farm with THAT? Your plan sucks.

Bjork is from Iceland,toilet scrubber.

She still wrote a song about it
What the fuck is your problem

Would be great if Greenland wasn't full of Snowchinks. Out of a population of 50000, only 2,3% are white.

So what if she wrote a song about it? She is mentally ill for fucks sake.

No she is not she is cute and a very good singer

Kill yourself achmed Von Mohammed

We're still early in the planning stage, it's an idea suggested by one of our members.

Björk is absolutely disgusting senpai

Canada, lets do foreign exchange program. Our oil industry literate laborers for you snowniggera.

>achmed Von Mohammed
lol

She is a retard and so are you. Suck my dick slave.

No she is not pls stop saying that

m8, I have to give the other two right. She's fucking terrible.

Lol you melon go to the ear doctor and get your ears checked

> Server farm
> Low cost
> Greenland

I have never heard such stupidity.

EVERYTHING is expensive on Greenland, because EVERYTHING has to be imported. Unless you can make the servers run off whale blubber this project is doomed from the beginning

And the climate isn't very kind to soft-skinned foreigners

She looks like a messed up Asian-Greenland mix

You're not convincing anyone m8, not even yourself

Look at the eyes. The lack of proper eyelashes /eyelids

Hahaha, I love when Sup Forums cooks up these crazy schemes to build their own nations. How do you even come up with this. Also, this is like what, the 34th Sup Forums colony attempt? What happened to the other ones in Namibia and the Andaman Islands?

I'm sorry but this is the most retarded shit that I've ever heard. I spent years studying Greenland and the high arctic, and none of this would work out.

Barring the obvious problems regarding the climate, your next biggest issue would be logistics. It's more or less impossible to get the supplies shipped out to develop any kind of infrastructure. Any existing abandoned infrastructure has been subjected to the harsh arctic climate and is definitely no longer suitable for habitation.

Hyproponics and aquaponics are a pipe dream in that kind of location. You also have six months or darkness with no means for setting up any kind of reliable power source in order to sustain plants in the winter. Nobody will ship supplies to you and without vegetables in your diet, you will die of vitamin deficiencies. The Inuit in more remote locations don't die only because they still have a support network via the government and because they still hunt and eat raw meat.

Your only chance of ever establishing something like this would be to take it to Nunavut, but that would never happen either. Much of the southern archipelago, as in south of Ellesmere Island, is totally abandoned and too windy to build anything. Even historically, very few Inuit lived there and as soon as some explorers handed them a fucking map, they all went south. The only reason that there are Inuit on Ellesmere Island now is because the Canadian government forcibly relocated them there in order to claim sovereignty before the Russians invaded.

Wtf I hate eyelids now

What about her eyelids prevents her from being cute and a good singer, friend?

I know a few Icelanders who look like that. I don't think the Inuit made it as far as Iceland but there was probably some race mixing going on after Greenland and Inuit were discovered by Denmark. Icelanders got that disgusting snowchink Mongo blood.

Her eyes prevent her from being cute. Good singer - No idea. Don't listen to trashy Icelandic music

Yes because eyelids are the number one factor in cuteness, and not a comination of how one holds oneself and overall physical appearance

Thanks for your expert opinions once again friend, but you're not convincing anyone m8

why do you have a picture of a 14 year old girl saved on your computer? also, she makes pretty great music and her opinions are quite interesting to listen to. hating on someone because of how they look is stupid and so are you.

Only Poland finds this Michael Jackson fuck-up cute.

>why do you have a picture of a 14 year old girl saved on your computer?
>Implying I save any pictures I upload to Sup Forums LUL

Time for bed desu
Gotta go to Berlin tomorrow and I cba to shitpost anymore to a miserable feller from the "happiest country on earth"

but you still haven't said anything interesting instead of just calling her ugly. her music later in her career is actually pretty great and most of her opinions about the connection of nature and electronics is very interesting. i'd recommend you to watch the interview she did with david attenburrough.
she's also almost 50 in the pic you posted

youtube.com/watch?v=REmSFD1KPwo