Decide to watch harry potter for the first time

>decide to watch harry potter for the first time
>because anons had been autistically sperging so I knew something was up
>it turns out to be better than most shit I've seen recently
>it blows all modern blockbusters out of the water
>the magical world devolves into a witchcraft horror tale
>its heartfelt, comical and serious enough to be complete
>the tone and ever changing soundtracks and direction and atmosphere fits the story
>harry actually seems like a normie I can connect to
>the latter films have focus on harry and the trio and make you realize you actually care about these kids
>the cast is fantastic and ron and hermione are pretty fucking funny
>witchcraft is shown to be menacing with the 2nd one and the stakes get higher ever since
>after the fourth and voldemort returns the camera increasingly has more and more black and dark shots between the light as it goes on.
>the last two are filled with few instances of light and longer events of dark
>until harry dies and the screen is bright white for minutes and minutes

This shit was brilliant. Honestly, better than Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. Go ahead, respond with memes and contrarianism.

it's actually garbage but i'm glad you enjoyed it

Every single one is kino besides 4
Lmao pleb

If you are above the age of 15 you are just pathetic and embarrassing

They are literally children's movies

grow up

the harry potter pasta should be here any minute now

Meh, I didn't really like the movies that much anymore after the first three or four

The characters are good, the music is good, the concept of a ye old European boarding school that kids don't have homework or supervision is a comfy fantasy.

Everything else is shit. JK Rowling's concept of magic makes no sense. Muggles are substantially more powerful and more advanced that the wizards. "The dark lord, he who must not be named" is just some literally who that killed a few people a decade ago then got killed by a baby. Then he came back and tried to take over a high school in rural Scotland but got beat up by teenagers.

The world also is not fleshed out at all. All wizards go to wizard high school, then they immediately go into the workforce? How does the economy work? The only jobs in the wizarding world are:
>Teacher at a wizard high school
>Tourist shop owner in diagon alley
>Ministry bureaucrat
>Dragon tamer in Romania

Also slytherin won the house cup each year by outperforming the other houses but dumbledorf cheated them every year for no reason? Why do they have an entire house be full of "evil" people? 1/4 of the school are literally viewed as enemies of the state whom the entire wizarding world hates. They're just kids. Smart and talented kids who outperform the retards in the other 3 houses. Mcgongigal literally locks them all in a dungeon.

And who would send their child to a school that is so poorly managed that murderers and monsters freely roam the campus and if you get a few demerits then they'll send you out alone into the neighboring forest that is teeming with rapid bloodthirsty monsters.

Just tried rewatching the first one recently. I couldn't make it through. Made me not want to rewatch the rest of them.

First 3 are great fun. 4 is flawed but still has some good moments. The rest are boring shite.

inb4 dullest

Too many deus ex machinas. You can make the rules up as you go with magic, which is why I hate this series. It doesn't even have to conform to its own internal logic.

Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

meh, the moment already passed

That's because you are a pleb
If you had frienda and werent underage you'd know that I and most people saw the last four alone when we were 17 19 20 and 21 years old. You have no argument. Did you forget thay they were completely different from the books?

>tfw Hermione peaked in movie 4

>watching for the plot and not the themes and atmosphere

See
Did you even watch them senpai? She looked like she did in 2 and 3 after puberty in 7.

Well gotta admit 5 is good

Well nobody really cares. You probably didn't even watch the extended version. They are all entirely different so goodjob being retarded, they are so rewatchable

They are all fucking good desu she's qt as fuck in 6 too.

Do have to rant with this in Sup Forums and /lit/everytime?

>No preamble
Really weak shit from you lately

Great, you saw the movies when you were a teenager. The appropriate response is to now grow up and watch different things, now that you are an adult. Stop clinging on to childish trash that you loved as a youth. You have to grow up.

Yes he falseflags against harry potter and anyone related to it everyday of his life imagine being the korinefag autist

The Goblet of Fire is objectively the best Harry Potter movie.

The first one is also kino

You're entire post has nothing to do with film besides the first sentence. Just you complaining about the books and JK rowling. Bookfags don't like the movies because they took the material and focused

All I see is a triggered post. You are on a star wars board you have no argument. They are mature I was in college at 17

It's the worst thats how good the series is. Goblet of fire is flickino the others are kino.

christ this autism because someone likes something you don't?

I watch different films all the time and I rewatch HP a lot because they were well done blockbusters.

I can absolutely guarantee you that the "different films" you watch all the time are almost all pleb trash

Only juvenile plebs who refuse to grow up cling to this kind of shit, same goes for Star Wars, LOTR, etc

Embarrassing culture

I'm glad you liked it, but there's no way it's better than LotR/Hobbit movies, definitely better than most of Star Wars though.

My biggest problem was that nothing really felt genuine at all. I get that they cater to kids and all, but all of the emotions and interactions between characters felt so structured, nothing seemed natural or appropriate, mainly just midly cringy. I was trying to be as important and epic as LotR but it never felt half as important. Luckily, new Dumbledore's character turned out to be pretty awesome. Sorcerer's Stone was my favorite by far, followed by Half-Blood Prince.

But fuck me man, these are just my thoughts.

Is jus movie why u heff be mad?

People shit it on kids/ teenovies like this to flex their fedoracore pseudo intellectualism. It's cool to enjoy something you enjoyed as a kid or something your children or young family also enjoys. I'm so sorry that the mention of these movies might threaten someone like
incredibly fragile masculinity.

In all honesty the series is great

AUTISMBUCKS KYS
didn't read get a life

Great series. JK Rowling's plan to make the series mature as it was released so the original generation that enjoyed didn't get left behind was a genius move.

Its way better than lotr and the hobbit lol only fellowship was great. You shot yourself on the foot when you said the hobbit. Jackson is a shit director and it shows in lotr. Not only that they couldn't be more different so there's no conparison

It felt infintiely more natural than the books that's why I love them the characters felt human and were directed so in the latter ones.

Good post user. It seems people are retarded and either say "le they are childish" or "wah they went too dark and witchcraft is too dark why aren't they all childish like the first ones". The series has great progression.

What an awful list

I can't believe newfags like you still fall for this post

>You're entire post has nothing to do with film besides the first sentence.
kek

I've seen it maybe a dozen times but I never really looked at the list in the picture. It is just awful.

>Yes he falseflags against harry potter and anyone related to it
>he
top fucking kek. do you know how copypasta works?
>falseflags
this word does not mean what you think it means

@83068516
>I watch for the plot the post

You underestimate the korinefag autist who is here 18 hours a day. Back when the pasta was hotter and there were more hp threads it would get spammed until he went to bed and then everyone thought the pastafag was dead because there would be no pasta for a couple hours. But once awoken theres pasta spammes for 18 hours. Hes friends with quentin.