Was DC behind the rebirth leaks to generate hype?

Was DC behind the rebirth leaks to generate hype?

I'm pretty sure they probably did.

>blowing up the continuity in the dumbest way possible again
>generate hype

ha

Yes, just like Marvel leaked ANAD.

Outside of this taiwanese imageboard people are excited about the whole Watchmen thing

people are stupid.

this is even worse than before watchmen.

DC is shit at PR, so no. Lucky break.

Well there are tons of people are incredibly salty about Watchmen and think DC's sold out because of it

At least they were smart enough to lift to embargo on reviews and interviews and the like so people could at least see WHY they used Watchmen

I haven't really kept up with the rebirth, what Watchmen thing?

Doctor Manhattan made universe post-Watchmen, and Bats found the Comedian's pin in his cave.

Holy shit Superman and Wonderwoman are smiling? I'm pretty hype about Rebirth. I kinda just stopped reading DC till Rebirth...do I need to catch up? Or is my plan to just hop back on when Rebirth starts this week good enough?

>reboot #200
>hype

Well ain't that something...
When did this happen?

It's in the preview for the Rebirth one-shot. Hopefully the whole story will be a lot smoother.

Batman still isn't quite dark enough.
Superman needs to lose more red.

I can't stand Jim Lee art

I'm ok with his cover art.
It's just really unfortunate when he tries sequential comic book work.

I'm just glad those stupid lines are gone

Never heard anyone say this before.

To be expected, it's an obvious cash-grab by DC because Watchmen is so heavily hyped and lauded by most people with even a passing familiarity with comics.

Lose the red? Seriously?

I'm going to miss the 52 collar on Supes. I grew to like it a lot.

I really don't get why they don't make the boots red.

>excited
Really?
Sup Forums is basically the only place I've seen so far where the Watchmen thing being okay is the majority opinion or at least the loudest opinion.
Everywhere else is either ambivalent towards it, hates it because they're tired of Watchmen, hates it because Watchmen is sacred, or just plain thinks DC ran out of ideas. The salt towards it is fucking real and amazing.

No they just steered into the skid. surprised they handled it so well desu

God dam, Blue Booties looks so awkward next to those perfect costumes.

>black looking belt with yellow outline
>perfect costume

The yellow/gold highlights are fucking perfect.

Hope the design actually sticks.

Synergy with the new logo and makes more sense than a totally yellow belt. Plus it's more gold than yellow.

Just the right amount of pop while pretending Bruce still gives a crap about stealth and subtly.

even for his new shit

isn't the belt full gold and that's just the shadows?

Everyone in my comic shop was kinda excited about it.

Can't wait to see Batman say these words

I agree, but that purple cape just looks way too out of place to me.

>trinity
>three jokers

hmmm

Not true at all. I've seen people throwing fits over DC "taking a dump on Watchmen" on every comment section with articles about it. r/comicbooks seems to be ok with it though.

prbably

salty nufaggot

I use Tumblr and most everybody on there seems to be bitching about the three Jokers and Watchmen.

Haven't seen a single thing about Wally, funnily enough.

Everyone is mad byt casuals

If it were true, that would mean they have someone in their marketing division that's half competent.
Which I find a bit hard to believe.

those same people weren't gonna buy DC in the first place even if DC just abandoned the Nu52 Continuity and Made Comics cost $1 again.

Buying DC comics.

>Trinity of two friends and one older guy that looks just like their friend that recently died.
Such a strong sense of unity.

No red underwear, no buy

Would you settle on a belt? Like an actual one with red and yellow and not New 52 shit. Doesn't have to be like this

Technically all three of them are the trinity of the Post-Crisis era with the current reveal, it's just New 52 Superman is in this weird spot I don't really understand.

No.

It's not that weird, Pre New 52 superman that had arrived in new 52 prime earth simply replaced New 52 Superman after he died in the current arc. Both Batman and Wonder Woman will be aware that he's not their superman but just another one.

It's not going to completely come back any time soon. I'm sorry to tell you this. Best you can aim for is a thick belt

That's the thing though, according to Rebirth the New 52 isn't even a new continuity, it's just Post-Crisis with everyone missing 10 years of their lives thanks to wacky reality warping. So either New 52 Superman is somehow someone else or Post-Crisis Clark and Lois were plucked out before they could "forget" like everyone else.

Drawing a belt that weird looks goofy as fuck. Why can't a belt just be a fucking strap with a buckle, why's it gotta be some bizarre "let's pretend this is the equivalent of trunks" shape?

That's stupid though. His look is fucking iconic, why change it?

Those missing 10 years caused events to play out differently, so by all effects he's just an alternate version of their friend.

It's been changed countless times before. Do I need to list all the variations to you?

So... Wonder Woman has a relationship with Superboy?

>Implying New 52 Superman isn't a pile of sand all along

>everyone missing 10 years of their lives thanks to wacky reality warping
Except the Batfamily...

Because it's a fucking obsession that has no relevance. All the characters have changed / modified their costume over the years. Batman has lost his trunks too. So, this is just a principled war.

hot

right now nearly every Robin was only Robin for like a year before getting killed off/running away, then showing up fully grown shortly after

Superman's costume is iconic. Batman's never was.

Tim was never Robin.

Does it matter what name he went by? He was Batman's partner either way

Damian is 10 but Bruce only started as Batman 6 years ago. Wat.
Dick is 21 and was Robin for a year at 16-17 but we still get flashbacks of him as a 12 year old living with Bruce.
Jason is 18ish and was Robin for like, a month.
Tim was.... who the fuck knows with Tim's origin now. Tim was there.

The missing 10 years explains it all. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Nonsense.

What matters is that Tim Drake isn't even his real name.

Damian is 13 as of Rebirth.

It's all incredibly condensed, and Bruce seems, in fact, the only one that is not rejuvenated. Also Dick and Jason seem to be too much grown

So which Joker was Morrison's? Bollands? At what point did we lose Golden age joker?

It's been a bit more than 6 years since he started being Batman, and Damian's aging was sped up with Apokolips tech.

lmao I remember that shitty suit.

How mad is Moore over the watchmen thing?

Why did they go pure blue and red in the final?

Oh i'm more than sure he's now the leader of the red lanterns.

They always still draw Supes with the underwear anyway its just colored in the same as the rest of the suit. Love the gold bling though. It adds a Mr. T feel I can dig.

he probably thinks its brilliant, and is soaking up all the Rorschach fanboy tears to protect himself from Stan Lee

what was leaked?

He's probably more mad about people constantly talking about it

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest, I've heard more people talk about this book over the past few days since it was announced a while back.

If you put the n52 belt and remove the golden bracelets, it's fine.

>not a Robin
>not even a Tim

DC is the better publisher by a mile though, right? I mean, squirrel girl? spider-gwen? Marvel is literally wasting resources and ink.

>in the dumbest way possible

Naw, the last one was the dumbest way possible.

This is just finally trying to unfuck it.

>New52 2.0
>DC universe reboot #5 or some shit
>People are actually hyped

eh.

How? Are you just going NOT MUH?

>Damian's aging was sped up with Apokolips tech.

Retcons like this are precisely what Dr. Manhattan is responsible for.

>Snyder brings watchmen to the silver screen
>Snyder is in charge of the DCCU
>Watchmen are now canon in the current universe
Watch how Hack will pull a watchmen 2 and some nice crossover with JLA in the next 5 years

>>New52 2.0

This is like the opposite of the New 52.

I'm a faggot, but i dont dislike this new Superman costume...

however, it works only with this inker which tends to darken the suit designed by Lee.

>At what point did we lose Golden age joker?
when they started drawing him with extra large teeth and chin

Well I'm not an underage b& who only started reading comics within the last 5 years and thinks everything somehow makes sense the way it is, so...

NOW LISTEN UP

same concept in rebooting the universe though, isn't it? I'm a bit out of the loop I guess.

I think Nu52 Superman is probably a rejuvenated and resurrected Kal-2 from the original Earth-2.

I doubt that DC was behind the initial leaks, but I'd wager that after the SDCC footage leaks for Suicide Squad and the subsequent official posting of that footage to YouTube, it's probably better in the long run to recognize a leak, acknowledge the leak, and offer additional context regarding the leak than to pretend that the leak never happened or to try and suppress information about the leak.

This joker thing makes so much goddamn sense now.

I'm actually someone who prefers Pre-Crisis canon. I just find it more confusing that they're not sticking to the New 52 and instead having some big reveal that it's actually the continued adventures of Post-Crisis characters thanks to Dr. Manhattan being drunk. That sounds like it can get even messier then CoIE which was a piece of shit.

That'd be awesome

no, Rebooting would mean that they went back to 0, back to the start, wiped out, erased, back to square one. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING REBOOT REEEEEEE

it's characters rebelling against the previous reboot to reclaim what they lost in it

Reboots and Crisis are an historical feature of DC Universe. It's not nothing strange.

>prefers Pre-Crisis canon

Wow, really?

Huh. Well that's an opinion I can respect despite disagreeing with, unlike faggots who like the Nu52.

>inb4 Wally shouts "not muh universe" and proceeds to rip off a Titan's arm

>taiwanese

It's more akin to Japanese, actually.