Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

1fgm8gn.oloadcdn.net/dl/l/m-jp6MexHL8I6B6I/QTReoF7-gwI/la.92.2017.480p.web.dl.x264.rmteam.mkv.mp4?mime=true
putlocker1.live/LA-92-online-free-putlocker-351e6-4263.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU
youtube.com/watch?v=8Coui65pO2E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Mohamed_Bouazizi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you seen it? After watching Made In America I'd be down to watch more LA riots kino.

It's fantastic. No narration, no talking heads. Just well edited footage of everything from the beating to the riots to the aftermath. The part focused on the roof Koreans was based.

Download link where

The fact that its national geographic made me kek a bit

LOL

just got this

yeah, but so is the cover of a trangender kid

really makes you think

480p :/

1fgm8gn.oloadcdn.net/dl/l/m-jp6MexHL8I6B6I/QTReoF7-gwI/la.92.2017.480p.web.dl.x264.rmteam.mkv.mp4?mime=true

>{"status":403,"msg":"download ISP is different to request ISP. request: AS20115 download: AS20001"}

putlocker1.live/LA-92-online-free-putlocker-351e6-4263.html

>480p

then dont watch it

tbf most of the footage used was filmed with old broadcast equipment and shit like camcorders

April 26th, 1992. There was a riot on streets. Tell me, where were you? You were sittin' home watchin' your TV... while I was PARTICIPATIN in the same activity

Well, thanks for the heads up.
Would you happen to have a link or know where I can watch the "Let It Fall" LA Riots documentary that aired on ABC?

Not that user but Let.It.Fall.Los.Angeles.1982-1992.2017.HDTV.x264-FEET

Is that a torrent? I haven't torrented anything in a year or two.
I just google it and it should come up, right? Thank you for this.

>I just google it and it should come up, right
Yes, and it's fresh (was released 7 May).

You may also find it on mega or usenet etc

it's fucking great. why arent all documentaries like this

Sometimes it's fun to have the director as a character in a doco, eg Sagan, Herzog or Ronson/Theroux types

thanks again.

*documentarian/presenter, not necessarily director

>mfw don't need to see it
>mfw still got shit I looted from it too

It is but I liked the fact that because this was a big event in "modern" history, it decided to just present footage as is. I even saw a couple of reviews after it aired describing the documentary was partly "problematic" or whatever other buzzwords due to the fact that it didn't shy away from showing footage of blacks acting like animals.

June 17th, 1994 is pretty much just that if you want more simpsoncore

>complaining about getting something for free

Also footage from 1992 was in standard definition, THEY DIDN'T HAVE HD IN THE 90s you mongrel

It was 1992, what could you have possibly taken that is not obsolete by now?

Don't get me wrong, I liked the approach here too.

BTW, if you like science fiction you'd probably like this novel. It's plain allegory to the riots and OJ written by the best SF duo, and is hilarious.

Load up on copies of Duck Tales 2

Can I get a source on one or more of these reviews claiming that's problematic? My feeling while I was watching it was that while the worst of the looters and rioters are largely unsympathetic (and rightfully so), the LAPD chief and the officers on trial were also pretty unsympathetic (also rightfully so). I mean, Gates is like a silent movie villain. This doc didn't let many people off the hook.

Also, it was kino.

Gates is good people and did nothing wrong

Gates fucked up hardcore by not sending in the troops to shut that shit down the second they started throwing bottles at cars because he was afraid of escalating the situation, which is exactly what was allowed to happen when he did jack shit.

Nobody came out good. From the fucking gook that got away with murdering a child to the blacks brutalizing drivers indiscriminately to the mexicans from outside of the community going in there just to loot shit. and white jury starting this shit in the first place

I was upset the cops didn't get charged, I was upset the Korean lady pretty much walked and I was pissed the black community almost unilaterally chipped out. The documentary was pretty good and surprisingly being from (((National Geographic))) did a fair job of painting everyone as wrong. I really enjoyed it and give it a watch.

It must have been a difficult call. Post hoc we can say it was obviously a bad one but the level these animals sunk to was actually unprecedented in post Jim Crow society.

Based on reason and the zeitgeist he gave slack and it was the wrong decision but he's still good people

that black man at 1:27:00
really got the tears going

True, a jury of peers arriving at a lawful decision in proper form were just as bad as masses of violent murdering looters.

great fiction movie

>lawful decision

Yeah, nah. They failed to do their duty as citizens of a republic. The rule of law was not upheld. Once man can no longer trust the rule of law, anarchy will ensue.

Literally felt like I was watching the fall of the roman republic in real time.

>methed-out drunken miscreant operates a motor vehicle at speeds exceeding the legal limit, putting everyone on the roads in danger
>does not pull over when commanded to by officers of the law
>resists physically when taken into custody
"Yeah, nah," that guy got what he deserved and I don't want those sort of people on the roads.

Or you can let things get out of hand, it's not your home or property. Then in the aftermath
use it as a tool to get more Police funding?

youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU

thoughts on the president at the end?

I'm president of this thread

can you comment on this documentary mister president?

race baiting as usual

literally everyone was in the wrong though

Except for the jurors, who arrived at a rational conclusion based on evidence presented in a court of law.

Idk I get beating some shoogie is one thing but that was on another level, the guy wasn't fighting back

He'd just drunkenly operated his motor vehicle at speeds over the legal limit evading pursuit for several dozen miles putting hundreds of lives in danger, let's not pretend this was a compliant model citizen.

im not saying he is, on the contrary he broke the law and should have served time in the very least a fine, but he was so drunk he could barely stand up why beat him so bad that his eye looked redder than the devils dick?

He resisted arrest.

but to beat him to death? there are other ways right? can't you hit him on the back of his legs? he was on the floor 95% of the time. why not cuff him? there was like 6 officers. I'm not saying king is a saint and the cops are the devil. Its just so pointless to hit him that long

you should watch the video lol they did a little extra than punish him for resisting arrest

He didn't die.
The only extant video is a small segment of what occurred. Did you review the testimony of the officers?

okay he didn't die but they beat him so bad that he could have died. Its like they he had a few cuts and bruises, I'll understand that but isn't there a line? Like an actual moral line where one says ''okay maybe I'm beating these dude for too long?''

Watched it today. Pretty good, but it neglected to include even reference to the footage of Rodney King charging an officer at the beginning of the full footage.

Isn't there a moral line where one says "hey maybe I shouldn't illegally operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated at speeds violating established law endangering the lives of my fellow citizens"? If one voluntarily chooses to cross that line, is a non-lethal beating really too much of a penalty?

like I said before he should have still been charged he committed a crime
>on the contrary he broke the law and should have served time in the very least a fine,

But there was clearly a point during the arrest where he was on the floor unable to or just having a hard time to getting up. Isn't this the perfect time to stop hitting him and simple focus on putting him in cuffs? The officers just continued to hit him for a while.

>threat imminent (he attacked police officers)
>fear of harm reasonable (he didn't submit)
>proportional response (he didn't die)
Not even invoking imperfect self-defense, this dude got what he deserved and the jury's verdict wasn't racist or irrational in the least.

Fuck Rodney King and fuck the animals who destroyed property, robbed, and killed based on a fair verdict. Also, fuck you.

dude.....the riots was the worst thing ever. everyone who was part of it is hands down just scum because they destroyed peoples livelihood. people lost what they had spent years to create. People who had nothing to do with it died for no reason at all that is the worst thing ever fuck you for thinking i would ever approve of that

I just wanted to know how justice would apply here outside of emotions, just taking the general meaning of it and seeing what was done was truly correct of abusive fuck me for trying to have a truly understanding talk about it

>I know what will show people that we're human beings, rioting indiscriminately and attacking innocent people.

>I can't tell the difference between niggers and black people
Also after the first day there were just as many mexicans and a smattering of white people

How many iconic parts of LA were destroyed because of this? Anything worth missing that sort of defined its section of the city?

>I can't tell the difference between niggers and black people
because there's no difference. literally no other group is as cancerous to a prosperous society. say what you will about big mean whitey fucking up 3rd world countries but at least they don't bring that violence back to their own neighborhoods.

So many parts. So, so many. It was almost on the level of the st francis dam collapse. I dont see why the media suppresses what happened so much. It was catastrophic.

that's really tragic, but somehow sounds really fitting for LA

still, something I could never stand was having nostalgic places from my childhood being tampered with. That must have been insane for a lot of people

Shit, all my years and I've never seen that until just now.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Coui65pO2E

korean dindu nuffin

>People nearly start a riot at the post office cause of SSI checks

what? I'm watchign the documentary right now and it showed it

In my city (Long Beach) we had a section of downtown that was revitalizing with shops, car dealer ships, apartment buildings, etc.
After the riots and those places were looted or burned down all that money pulled out. Over 20 years after the riots those lots are still empty.

The first thing he thinks about are movies and electronics.
That's the biggest difference between our generation, everything of value for you has to be media/something that plays media. It has to have batteries or a wall socket to work.. lel

Not everything needs copper wires and electricity to have value. Some of it even increases it's worth over time

let me hit you 52 times faggot

The real question is

Who was in the wrong here?

Alot of factors I'm afraid. The police were overzealous, but so was the response from the black community. The Rodney King beating was just the breaking point for the tension, just like how that guy in Tunisia who burned himself was the breaking point for anti-government tensions in the Arabian community.

>just like how that guy in Tunisia

I googled Tunisia to see what you were talking about.. and I just got a result of this that happened today. Spooky

What did you rob, gold? Stamps?

Here's the wiki of the guy who burned himself. The entire Arab Spring shitshow and beyond started with this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Mohamed_Bouazizi