What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hBlBtP3-x_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cast an ugly bitch who can't act in the lead role

>giving a woman a gun

Nothing. It's great.

The movie is flawed. The more I think about it, the more problems I have with it.

That being said, would anyone ever really expect an Alien franchise movie to do gangbusters these days? The only people who are gonna come out in droves on opening weekend are fucking lame nerds like me with no girlfriend and nothing better to do than see sci-fi flicks, then go home and complain about them on a mongolian yarn quilting board.

it isn't capeshit or get out

Prometheus went wrong

James Franco died too early

She has godly nipples though. Looks pretty good naked.

Prometheus was too intelligent for the masses.

Ridley Scott thinks it can be as big as Star Wars.

>“I see a really huge franchise here — honestly, as big as ‘Star Wars.’” the director told BBC 4’s Francine Stock in an interview that aired in May, just before the film was released overseas. “I’m trying to open it up. This is not an innocent plan,” he said.

/thread

I really enjoyed it

Not enough race-mixing in it.

same

first Alien movie, dude.

cmon.

Let me direct the next movie and I can make it maybe half as big as star wars.

Gotta get YUGE with it. Introducing predators and engineers and SPACE MARINES and aliens all fighting in a huge war in which the galaxy is left barely holding on.

IDK anything is better.

jesus christ that's pretty sad. he's killed the franchise.

There was no hook, it was just another Alien movie. Plus Prometheus was polarizing as fuck and the last one always plays a part in how much the next one makes

>But uh make new alien movies
>But uh don't make new "new" alien movies
>But uh keep the old formula duh
>But uh new alien movies sucks cuz they be new
>We want remakes. We want smoky, dark, ugly, narrow corridors and a cheesy movie monster duh
>Fuc ridlyscuut. he makes me use my brains. me no like it
>I don't want philosophical, theological movies that makes me question stuff. I want to be spoonfed everything

Fuck every single one of you faggots. "Alien: Covenant" is a motherfucking masterpiece. Go home and keep rewinding your old movie prop starter shitstain.

Oh. Look at all this shit floating around in the air. Glad I'm wearing some sort of protective breathing apparatus.

There's no way that ACOG is usable that far forward.
Even if she didn't have a sling mount in the way, she'd still have to mash her face into the rail to get proper eye relief.

Jesus Christ. That's all we fucking need. A shared universe consisting of 20 Alien movies.

Fucking kill this man.

The truth is none of you alien cuck fans know what you want. Fuck, you're all still at odds over Alien or Aliens, Ridley or Cameron etc. You all bitched and moaned over the lack of xenomorphs in Prometheus, and then when Covenant fixes that, you make proclamations they're a fanservice wankfest

The problem isn't them. It's you.

There was literally nothing cheesy about Xenos in Alien or Aliens.

But I guess anything that isn't a cartwheeling CGI cartoon monster jumping all over the fucking place is cheesy now.

6/10 made me reply.

She only has one mode of acting, Pretend like your about to be fired.
RIPLEY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some Whiney Who?
Also The women reeeeeallly were shit all around.

I haven't seen Covenant yet, but I know I haven't watched an Alien film I didn't like and that includes Prometheus.

I want a movie adaptation of Aliens: Labyrinth.

this bitch is old as fuck

There don't need to be any period. They need to just stop. Same thing with every other 70s/80s property they reboot. We needed another alien movie as much as we needed a chips movie.

No one cares about Alien anymore. It had its heyday, trying to create an entire fucking movie universe out of it is insane.

I want the franchise to get passed from one auteur to another with no studio interference or expectation of continuity.
I want Alien films from Nicholas Winding Refn, Guillermo Del Toro, Lars Von Trier, anybody with a decent CV who wants to take a crack at it.

prove it faggot

>No one cares about Alien anymore.
>"says me"
k

Clearly there is great demand for a movie universe with 20 films since they don't even think this one will go beyond being a disappointment.

What was I thinking, I'm sure this is the next movie franchise to hit a billion. It'll dethrone Fast and Furious any day now.

It makes enough to warrant sequels. Not everything needs to strive to beat Jurassic Park or Fast & Furious.

Throw in the Species creature babes for extra measure and you have a hell of a movie.

We don't even know if that's the case but judging from the current news they'll be lucky to break even.

That's not impressive since it was a cheap movie, that means there's not a lot of interest. There definitely isn't enough for Scott's aforementioned plans to make this the next Star Wars.

Charlie Hunnam really wanted 6 King Arthur movies too.

>a traditionally hard-R franchise about dickheaded rape monsters will be as big as Star Wars
He's batshit insane.

Same. I liked Prometheus too

>The movie is flawed. The more I think about it, the more problems I have with it.

Funny, I'm the opposite. Covenant has a really weak climax because it's essentially just a rushed rehash of Alien, but otherwise it's actually very enjoyable. When the neomorphs are born and attacking the crew, that shit was intense, especially inside the shuttle when Tennessee's wife starts freaking out. And when you then meet David and slowly start to understand how crazy he's become, it's really engaging.

That xeno's mouth looks off somehow.

Oi , how dare you talk about Fassbender like that, he carried that movie.

This. Baby Albino ProtoXeno did more cart wheels then Diddy Kong. Thank you Rare for doing the CGI.

My main complaint with this film was the Camera's focus was independent of the characters perception in the first half of the film. Meaning we as the audience get to see most of the monsters without any of the characters percieving it. Shit narrative happens from that and suspense gets thrown out the window. They should not have had the detailed shot of black clouds entering the ear, Baby 'Bino playing in the woods, Xeno and David ballet recital or goofy Flash Backs tacked in sloppily. Let the characters get sick without us knowing why. Then have an investigation and then discovery. Shit hits the fan and they take measures to fight it.
When the focus of the narrative is on the principle characters you get to be surprised by the events. Fuckin Ridely nailed suspense in the first one but i feel like he has become senile and has become used to everything being shown and explained to him. Now he feels the Audience expects this as well.
Now take the Second half. Closed in spaces. Narrative focused on Whiney bitch and Tennessee Mantits. Obsiquious Android who you are sure is Evil is helping them which adds to the mystery. Taut realistic action.
Since I offered actual movie commentary with out shit posting so far I have to say was LITERALLY SHAKING in the aisle of the movie theater.

this means the sequel will be pg-13 because fox won't want to risk the box office

alien is fucking dead

Xenomorphs have a had a pretty big spot in pop culture, I don't know why he wants Star Wars tier fame for a R franchise of biological killing machines.

this. when people think alien its either grey men or a xeno

Yes, I know exactly what I want. A horror film with some suspense and enough character development to actually get me invested in the story. Not a pretentious, slasher about an android with daddy issues and a god complex.

Now fuck off

>he actually thinks Prometheus and Covenant are "too smart" for people
You seriously think these movies are deep and insightful? How is that first semester of philosophy going kiddo?

I care about Alien but it's mainly driven by Ridley's god-tier visual style in dark sci-fi movies

Not to mention Space Marines either get people thinking about Warhammer, Starships Troopers or Alien.

Her face is strange. Oddly shaped. Androgynous too. Didn't help that she was crying 80% of the time with that stupid look on her face.

bitch had no gun in Alien tho

The problem isn't his directing. It is the god awful scripts he chooses.

>he actually thinks Prometheus and Covenant are "too smart" for people
too smart for you apparently

It's nothing new, and has poor writing.

When you have Netflix pumping out whole series and movies with better writing, the standards have to be higher for Hollywood fare or this shit happens.

How are you this deep in denial? There is hardly anything to "get" about the movies. Trust me, I noticed all the theological references. But that doesn't make your movie good. Especially considering how terrible the dialogue and scripts are for these movies. It is pathetic how easily impressed you are.

>Especially considering how terrible the dialogue and scripts are for these movies
script criticism coming from Sup Forums? That's rich!

Even Chris fucking Stuckmann would have written a better script than what they ended up with. Fucking hell. Did you somehow miss all of the inconsistencies and plot holes in BOTH films?

Don't answer that. You probably did.

She was Juliette Lewis before her haircut

you're not wrong but part of directing is choosing the scripts to work with

I really don't think Covenant has a bad script like Prometheus did though

nice tits and body but those nipples are deformed

a decent film killed the franchise and not complete shit like resurrection, huh?

you guys are fucking delusional, the fact that it got another 2 films after 3 and R alone is a miracle

No it doesn't, because marvel copy pasted films continually top charts.

>that end photo and he's in the middle looking like Jesus

Ridley went full retard

>boney knees
>would not bang

>plot holes
You don't even know what plotholes are. Quit wasting my time.

He must have gone off the deep end after his brother died. He hasn't made anything worth seeing in a decade.

JUST

If you're being pedantic, yes. Ripley didn't have a gun. But she had a weapon with a trigger and she was far from unarmed.

>tfw a videogame is better at Alien than nu-Alien

youtube.com/watch?v=hBlBtP3-x_w

>but much masterpiece

Grow a spine when someone criticizes your "masterpiece", loser

ridley scott wanted prometheus but the autistic fans got angry there were no xenos

I really hope the franchise keeps going. I'm seriously enjoying the new movies.

>godly nipples
>that

It's the new Zelda cycle.

modern journalism

People got mad at Prometheus because the characters kept acting like retards.

And Ridley just doubled down on it in Covenant.

She went from 0 to a hundred REAL quick.
Like crying mess to providing tactical cover while waiting for a drop ship to land, Then attached to the platform and fighting a xenomorph one on one with a rifle, Axe and the mechanical arm of the platform. From that point on in the movie she does no wrong and doesn't fuck up.

Ripley cried a bunch,
Grabbed her cat,
Ran around with a flame thrower not actually burning an alien.
Then in the end, even after blowing up the fucking spaceship she still fucked up and didn't kill it. and had to vent atmo and harpoon it into the engines.
It wasn't until towards the end of the second movie she finally strapped on her big boy boots and went out Alien stomping. There was a build up to her competency and badassery.

Daniels was just sad.
And then she went back to being perfect.
God damn she has nice nipples though

>people still think this is why nobody liked Prometheus
You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. The lack of xenos was the least of the films issues.

A lot of people care about Alien, but the way they went about it was fucked

This was one of the worst films I have ever seen. It was painful to sit through, and it somehow managed to go from bad to worse at every turn.

The first act is just dumb. It's not interesting or even pretty to look at, and the "characters" are so boring and underdeveloped that it's impossible to like them. The captain is a "man of faith" and they repeatedly put that front and center, but nothing comes of it. Ripley 4.0 has serious reservations about traveling to the signal source, but isn't given a reason as to why. There's an entire scene devoted to her trying to convince the captain that traveling to the newly discovered planet is dangerous, but she has no logical reason to think that by that point. We as the audience know what's going to happen, but the character's feelings are completely irrational. Oh, and the signal was pretty fucking stupid as well. So, they randomly get hit by a solar flare, and Danny McBride just happens to detect the signal while floating in space. Suspension of disbelief fails again.

The middle of the film was just a mess. Horror movie tropes and cliches out the ass, none of the characters were likeable or made any sense. Fassbender has one or two good scenes, but all the rest of that is dragged down by how terrible the rest of the story is. At one point, we finally see Shaw (Ripley 3.0 from Prometheus) and she's just been gutted and dissected as another specimen of some freakish experiment, which is pretty much what has been done to the Alien franchise as a whole at this point. The rest of the throwaway characters die pointlessly.

The final act of the movie is supposed to be reminiscent of Alien, but was boring and inconsequential. The fact that they made it painfully obvious that David had switched with Walter completely removed any tension or drama because we already knew what was going to happen. Whether they killed the Xenomorph or not, David already had control of the ship. The entire final act was pointless.

No, this is what ridley thought and there were certainly a very loud minority who cried because there werent xenos

>Ripley 4.0 has serious reservations about traveling to the signal source, but isn't given a reason as to why.
The points you had prior to this were also retarded, but I had to stop at this one.

Oh and one more thing. The final Xenomorph grew to full maturity in 30 seconds.

What. The. Fuck.

>dude Deacon is the only reason it's not a 1/10

You're wrong.

>Prometheus
>characters at least wear helmets before removing them
>Covenant
>character don't even bother to wear helmets
>two characters would have never been infected if they had been wearing helmets

What did they mean by this?

I'm struggling to think of a single character arc in Prometheus or Covenant. Or most of the crew members names. Or their personality traits. Or a time when a personality trait was demonstrated instead of being explicitly told to my face. Like in the Covenant... the guy that is really religious or something... because we are told so.

That whole sequence when T's wife was flipping shit pissed me off. Why didn't she let the girl out. Why did the girl try to hug the guy when he was freaking out. Why does the medbay even have a one way lock in the first place

It's not a reboot; it's a continuation of the same story, adding depth and backstory.

>crew member is infected by something that is clearly dangerous and transferable
>they put him on the fucking ship
These movies just need a laugh track and they would be comedy gold.

>mfw AVP movies are better

> " " " " "depth" " " " "

The girl freaking out and locking both the guy infected and the hot chick was so fucking dumb.

She was freaking the hell out even before the Alien busted out the guy's back.

>depth and backstory.
lol Prometheus apologist are cancer

The whole movie is full of scenes that make me roll my eyes or face palm. My favorite is how they had a fucking Mars land rover on the first ship they took. In the year 2104. That makes NO SENSE AT ALL and it made me so assmad. still steaming about

I'll take campy, dumb fun over pretentious 5deep8u symbolic horseshit.

How dare you call them throwaway characters!!!! Who could forget... smoker man, religious guy who acts like android, cowboy hat guy, girl (apparently) married to cowboy hat guy, black girl who freaks out, girl who was also there, black guy, hispanic guy, girl who lost head, girl who banged black guy, and black guy, and main badass girl with the face of a sad puppy. Truly the most memorable film characters in quite some time.

I want good movies, I don't care what the plot is as long as it's well written, makes sense within the context of the universe, and doesn't insult my intelligence. My problem with Prometheus wasn't that it tried to do things different from what I wanted it to do, it's that it did a bad job of doing what it did do.

You have a point. Both movies are schlock. The difference is AvP is at least self aware schlock while Prometheus and Covenant try to pass themselves off as deep, meaningful films.

It told the whole story of how xenomorphs came to be. It wasn't a hollow sequel, it wasn't a reboot that told the original story again. I wasn't even saying that it was perfect, you aspie dipshits. I'm just saying that, in terms of the greater narrative, it added rather than subtracted regardless of how anyone feels about the films. The post I replied to was grouping it in with movies like Ghostbusters or even Star Wars, but the comparison just isn't there.