Prometheus

Prometheus
>Opening weekend: $51,050,101

Alien Covenant
>Opening weekend: $36,000,000

What did general audiences mean by this?

The story was grotesque, I have no idea how this got made in the first place

you are grotesque, and i have no idea how you got made in the first place

The best marketing for a movie is whatever came before it.

Prometheus got the benefit of Alien (Ridley Scott's past movie in the series). Alien Covenant had shitty Prometheus.

How did Covenant hit $36 million exactly?

Prometheus was the first Ridley Scott attempt at making an Alien prequel and people thought it was shit

fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

>shitty
>Prometheus
pick one

the cinema was filled with groups of two men.

the actual film was wtf? visuals? the bit where the lady was locked in the contamination bit was good and.. yeah, where does it go from this? it doesn't, ridley scott has finally killed the franchise, which is good. we'll always have the originals.

yeah tbf prometheus was a talking point, covenant was some old rich successful guy who's past it.

>shitty Prometheus
greatest movie in franchise

Why is Ridley ruining his own legacy before he dies?
>Ruins Alien
>Ruins Blade Runner
What next? A Gladiator prequel? A sequel to Thelma and Louise? How can he ruin more of his legacy?

A sequel to Thelma and Louise where instead of them dying the Engineers paused time abducted them and replaced their bodies with synthetic clones, they are then taken to the Engineer's homeworld and are experimented on with the black goo

Prometheus tried something new. It failed and audience took home with them the notion that Alien franchise is done. There's nothing more to do with it. And this really stinks of an ego project. Nobody asked for this. Now observe as rabbid fanboys and complete idiots defend the new Blade Runner that will totally be good because of the autistic male lead and the indie I KNOW WHO THAT IS "indie" director.

Prometheus had one of the best trailers of all time.

So basically New Jack City?

>something new
>generic teen slasher flick in space
Jason X did that 20 years ago.

They wanted more Engineers and less of a shitty generic Alien movie that Covenant is. Also the trailers for Covenant were all shit and bland

People wanted something original not a rehash remake reboot re-prequel

Film is a primarily visual medium and Prometheus did that excellently in that regard, hence it is an excellent film.

Want story? Go read a book.

Prometheus isnt shitty at all.

Also everyone on youtube commented how they wanted a David and Shaw sequel and what did we get? Ridley killing Shaw off Alien 3 style.

J U S T

this

>Prometheus isnt shitty at all.
kek

>look up the RT score
>the General audience rates Prometheus higher than Covenant
Looks like it was a bad decision by Ridley to kill off the Engineers and believe MUH ALIEN would sell the movie

Say what you will about Prometheus but if you think Covenant is better, you are a fucking moron.

A

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

M
O
R
O
N

>shit movie is worse than shit movie
Okay. But Prometheus is still shit.

Theres no way Prometheus was the better film

r-right guys?

It must suck to compromise on your artistic vision and ultimately please no one.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice we won't get fooled again.

Alien = Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien R > AVP > AVP2 > Prometheus > Covenant

looking back Prometheus was a fucking beacon of originality in a dark world and we couldn't forgive it its flaws and fucked up a future.

I think this is one case where Sup Forums is REALLY stretching just to be contrarian. Covenant isn't great but it's easily much better than the shit show that was Prometheus.

prometheus was fairly good for what it tried to do, and i wish no aliens at all were present in it. if you look at it like it's its own unique story, it's not bad

If I have to pick between which movie to sit through again, I'd rather sit through Prometheus.

they mean even though it speak loudly about diversity they don't really want it.

how the fuck is prometheus comparable to a teen slasher flick?

yeah! and honestly why does anyone gripe over sound design either?? if you want good audio listen to the radio!

Audiences reject any "blockbuster" that's not disney/marvel.

unbelievably stupid unlikable characters get picked off one by one and the audience doesn't care because they're all immoral fags who generally deserve it.

That's not what they were saying. What they're saying is that Prometheus sucked, and since all trailers indicated that Covenant was going to be a very similar movie there was probably less interest in it

hey I'm new on this board, wassup?
>youtube commented
ok, bye

Fox probably skimped on the marketing.

the trailers for covenant were vague and unclear. it was designed for mass appeal to anyone who might like a big space monster movie which made it seem cheap.

maybe it was trying to distance itself from prometheus' vibe to trick all the people who hated it into seeing it but all it managed to do was alienate fans of the original Alien movies and Prometheus.

word of mouth that we didn't get the answers we waited for (end of prometheus)

Worst than Alien Fucking Predator

Oh my, Ridley is done for good.

hopefully this means we get more aliens vs predator movies
the fans want, what they want

Inflation.

does anyone have the interview confirmation that Ridley is gonna actually set his next movie between the events of prometheus and covenant?

seems like a rumor cooked up by people who were disappointed by covenant's direction desu

Don't delude yourself. Prometheus was a huge failure in many respects.

People stopped watching shitty movies. And not to mention many Trump supporters are boycotting Hollywood altogether.

hahaha jesus how deluded are you
"im gonna give up pleasures of the flesh for father trump"
i'm sure hollywood is really hurting from the 10 people who stayed home for this reason.

Yeah sure m8. Keep feeding those who spits on you.

Prometheus had aesthetic, "Alien: Covenant" sounds like a shit spinoff. If the movie had simply been named "Covenant", it could have performed better.

No 3D= cheaper average ticket price.

REKT.

fucking OLD MAN RIDLEY DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HES DOING.

>i like how ridley talks in interviews like hes so god damn smart "if u think the engineers created the xeo...you're dead wrong"

like this fuck really has tricks up his sleeve. what a NASA-HACK.

nah, he has changed his mind like four times.

first it really WAS going to be a in-between film, which is fucking nuts really...

THEN...we would get the film that would "rear right into 'alien':

FUCKING GRANDPA IS NUTS.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON

What a senile retrded fuck

>he he he... I'll put a mural of a xenomorph queen in Proemtheus and some primitive xenomorphs too

>by the way David created the xenomorphs after that... he he he...

i chortled

>prometheus prequel bullshit
>short haired dyke looking woman as main protagonist
>faggots and interracial shit shoved down our throat in the trailer
>hurr durr aryan robot created le evil alien twist known before release

wow i wonder how this could have failed?

Because normies didn't know Prmetheus was an Alien movie and figured it was a fresh new Sci-fi, but even knew Covenant was so who cares

shouldnt have had the title alien in it and not the xenomorph.

david can experiment and create alien like creatures but it simply cant be the alien everyone knows. then in the final movie of the series we get to see the "real" alien plus we get an idea about the origin and it rips davids creations apart

>autistic
Strange, that word isn't in any of the studio's own material.

A visual medium you use to tell a story dumbass, if you don't want story go watch fireworks

W R O N G
R
O
N
G

The quality of a book should be judged purely on the quality of typesetting.

Want a story? Go listen to a mystical elder around a campfire.

Is Ridley new Lucas?

This, the original was about a cruel, merciless universe we can barely grasp, the immense humanoid pilot/jockey fossilized there for several thousand years, the merciless Alien killing machine which fucking rapes humans to death, how he forcefully makes you an egg for his penis/semen

G-A-R-B-A-G-E

>tehe the alien is donzo rite guise? heh check out my blu man group..not cool..? neil blomp is a faggot, i'll make u guise remeber how cool teh alien was back in 1978..tehehehe...ridley i am...tehe

Did everyone in this thread forget the fact that Alien Covenant has a higher age rating than Prometheus?

Literally the only reason.

lies

it had the word alien in it this time

It just sucks that the only interesting thing about Prometheus was thrown away like trash in Covenant.

No 3D option as there was for Prometheus.

Putting butts in seats in theaters is pretty tough when home theater is as good as actual theaters.

Gotta give more reasons to go and 3D option sells more tickets.

>Alien Covenant has a higher age rating than Prometheus

isn't it pretty well known that rating doesn't really affect opening weeks that much?

This. What's up with recent Fox movies with no 3d option?

This

>Prometheus: $130 mil budget

>Alien Covenant: $90 mil budget

made you think, huh?

Fuck off Sup Forumstard

>trolling this obviously

>actually bothering to type that shit

I bet you have day-of-the-week underwear too.

See a psychiatrist, before you shoot up a shopping mall.

>many
>Trump supporters

Pick one.

Alien>>>>>Aliens>>>>Alien 3>>Alien Resurrection>Alien:Promethus>>>>>>>>AvP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AvP2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>Alien:Covenant

to be fair his movies are good... so i don't know why its a negative thing that hes directing...

>Alien 3 style.

Unless you're talking specifically about Newt and that other guy, atleast Alien 3 followed Ripley.

Best thing about Prometheus was the 3D quality.

Those early space shots in Covenant would have looked supercool in 3D ... in fact they seemed to have been set up for it.

Pretty much this, the first half was a generic sci fi story of its own, it was nice until they shoehorned Aliens into it.

>Ridley killing Shaw off Alien 3 style

you are retarded, noomi rapace probably wanted nothing to do with this garbage

gr8 b8

just stating how the format is similar to a teen slasher.

name one character you genuinely liked (who wasn't stupid or a huge dick) from prometheus

hard mode: not shaw

Had they tried to make Covenant the film we were promised in Prometheus, then I think a lot would have been forgiven. But studios want to milk franchises.
>I just watched HitB

Hitler is the Best?

I bet you yelled 'WOW!' in the cinema during shower scene.

Fuck off.

Fuck right off.

Fukn rekt him good m8

people want big bald men

People only want to go see Marvel and Star Wars these days.

Releasing a fucking horror movie in summer also doesn't help, but then again Halloween would probably be cluttered with shit tons of crappy Paranormal Activity rip offs or whatever.

Personally I thought it was a big improvement over Prometheus, but it no longer has the awe of being the "first Ridley Scott Alien movie since Alien!", and Prometheus pissed a lot of people off so of course many won't bother watching this.

It'll probably push 200 worldwide, maybe 250 max.

BABOOZLED!

That they're real tired of Scott's bullshit.

my problem is that it just completely throws the best parts of promethus in the bin then takes the worst parts and makes a ENTIRE MOVIE out of it

the scriptwriters should be fucking executed