Bridge to Terebithia

Damn, never read the book and just saw this. Why did she HAVE to die?

Some must die for others could live
An old rule of natural balance

Not only this but how come the faggot couldnt imagine she was alive at the end?

I thought that was how it was going to end.
What a shitty movie, it started off so nice too.

What was the point of the movie?

i thought he was going to start doing this as well, even maybe imagined as some kind of fantasy creature, but nope she's totally gone from his life. Also why did he get rid of almost everything that she either gave him or he drew of her? I'd hold on to at least something to remember my dead friend.

She betrayed him by dying in such a shitty way and he was upset
Also he felt guilty because he prefered to fap to his teacher instead of playing with a girl. So he finally got rid of it

Because the MC stood her up to go on his playdate with his teacher and never bothered to phone her so she waited all day until the bridge collapsed. It's also been suggested that she jumped.

The MC knows it's his fault but the adults don't see him as culpable. Since adults are still the godlike arbiters of morality, he is hesitant, but ultimately caves in to their attempts to make him feel better.

Christ why is she so sexy in this movie

nice feet

i was floored when i saw this movie
the fucking trailer made it seem like a kid friendly lord of the rings type fantasy

nice cunny

her parents were liberal and signed a deal with satan so they could land a book deal.

Old scratch came to collect.

But this end made you feel

Like shit maybe.
I feel like that anyways, I watch television and movies to forget that feel.

made me upset at how quickly a life can randomly be snuffed out and gone from your life. made me even more upset because she was like the only good thing in his life.

Other movies where the loli dies??

I remember this being advertised like it was a Narnia movie or some shit. I wonder how much soccer mom butthurt that caused
Because that's basically the opposite of the theme of the story

is it true in the book she makes him lick her butt hole?

it's true the analingus is grapically described in 2 pages

The kids were a little old to be playing pretend.

>
>Like shit maybe.
>I feel like that anyways, I watch television and movies to forget that feel.
So watch comedy, not drama

Who's this semen demon?

>Not knowing the ultimate kino qt

>she had no friends at every other school she went to.
>finally made a friend
>dies tragically at "their" spot
>her father: "she loved you, you know."

This movie absolutely wrecked me the first time I saw it.

This movie is too real

what was the point of the movie again? That it's time to grow up?

Considering the ending, that seems like the opposite of its point.

never choose the liberal milf because your friends will die for it.

That was the fucking point.

>mfw I found out there's been volumes of fanfiction where she survies

>fanfiction
>of bridge to terabithia
Wot

Why would I need friends if I had a milf instead?

Had a crush on her desu

milfs have more emotional baggage than any other female, and if you don't respond to their texts they go berserk.

wow spoiler much, asshole?

Yeah for a brief moment during the painting/dance routine where she shakes her blonde hair about

Hello? The loli dies in lolita

>I'm so fucked up

pretty much everyone has already seen this movie.
I remember they showed the movie once in school, so thinking about this movie reminds me of those times desu, pretty nostalgic, life felt better back then for some reason

is she technically a loli at like 22

can someone give me a quick rundown on the book/movie? I never got around to reading it, but I remember someone telling me the girl died because of a head injury or something

Fuck you!

this movie just made me mad I wasn't born a girl/wasn't already dead.

the girl and the protagonist become friends and play make believe or some shit by swinging on a rope to get to a forest and they pretend it's a fantasy land, one day the two get into an argument or something and then the protag goes on some date with his teacher and the girl swings on the rope but the rope breaks and she dies

>Old scratch
I felt like the death was the only memorble thing about the book.
in 5th grade reading tis, even then i felt like it was cheap emotional gimmick, even blue lagoon deaths made a point in the story and wasn't sad for the sake of being sad ending.

I couldn't believe it when it happened.
I kept thinking "Why is everyone fucking with him and lying to him?!"
Cried like a bitch the whole 2nd half of the movie. In the cinema too. No fucks given.

Wasn't there a part where the male MC worries she's in Hell for being a filthy fedora?

Good, that means they actually love you. Emotional Baggage is something a shota might have to work thourgh, but it's worth it for what he's getting (If it's a hot Zooey type)

I read the book in 5th grade and it fucked me up. I watched the movie later and then re read it years later upon finding the book among my old collections.

My take away is that it's supposed to be a first introduction to death for children. Death isn't planned, or convenient. Often times children will turn inward and blame themselves for the death for nonsensical reasons, much like the protagonist does. In the end, the fact that he chooses not to imagine her in teribithia is not a sign of forgetting her, because he still chooses to return to teribithia. It's a sign that he's healing and ready to cope.

>that means they actually love you

Man they are just happy someone is giving them attention despite having a kid. Something that is usually man repellent

Why does the shota have to explain himself to you, he likes her. That should be enough.

This kid cheats on AnnaSophia Robb with Zooey Deschanel

>AnnaSophia Robb
good choice DESU

Didn't expect it, this book wasn't really popular in my school. Our shit was lighting thief, HP, and red wall.

Because he wasn't insane, kids play pretend but know that it isn't actually happening, or were you retarded as a kid?

post her big butt please

nein, she is pure. I think

don't forget
>her parents move from the area
>bully says, "at least your the fastest kid in class again"

I know it was a movie but REEEE I wanted to smash that kids face in. I was happy he actually got his comeuppance

>she's 150cm tall
I would marry her except this.

>150cm
it's a girl - what the fucks wrong with you

Nah user's right, she should be at LEAST 250cm tall. How else is she supposed to defend you from inferior thots?

I'm about 10 inches taller than her.
I like tall girls, not pygmy ones.

It feels like the story is about accepting loss and the randomness of life, also how everyone has personal inadequacies and that they should overcome them and be themselves.

Also go fuck yourself because I'm sure this thread is deleted because of the stupid fucking picture

It's been up for 5 hours

BALLS TO YOU nigger, what's wrong with it?

Nice thread dickweed/s

Bite me

back to facebook

You ever watch anime, tons of lolis are like 40. For example that teacher in some kind of magical index or the mom in masumune-mans revengeance.

she died because she didn't go to church until it was too late

>Prime cunny Annasophia Robb.

Pinnacle of humanity right here.

Remember watching this as a kid and balling my eyes out, not just because the kid died but the fact that I never had any friends to play with in the woods cause my parents locked me in the house. also pedoscum should neck themselves

I loved this movie. Very underrated. Plus that chick ended up having such a thicc ass. Hnnngg

;_____;

SLUT

I guess people don't like dealing with the fact that a movie made them feel that they tried to convince themselves that she didn't actually die and that everything was fine when it wasn't?

YER LITTLE FRIEND WENT TO HELL MASON!!

>Why did she HAVE to die?

Because the book is part of that small genre that exists to teach preteens about death.

I liked her when I was little
: '^(

Prove it

she doesnt die, she goes to live with his father the king

Went to see it with my father. First time i saw him cry

Me to :(

Tha'ts not even the same movie...

>redwall
Good shit my nigga

Who found her drowned body?

Because:
>The original novel was based on events from the childhood of the author's son, screenwriter David Paterson
>The story was based on his real life best friend, Lisa Hill, who was struck by lightning and killed when they were both eight years old.

What if god actually did damn her to hell?

Just google the girls name and add. I'm taking a piss at work.

There isn't actually a bridge, bro. The branch holding the rope they swung on snapped.

To save her from inevitably getting blacked.

post pics of your pisser

>be me
>12
>Bridge to Terabithia just came out
>Think it might be boring so I decide to skip it
>Friends at school go on and on about how good it is
>Decide to watch it
>Was 3/10 garbage
>Asked my friends why they recommended me such a garbage film
>They give some lame ass excuse about how the movie is supposed to be great and the death at the end makes sense plot wise
>I walked away so I wouldn't get into an argument about what's actually a good movie
10 years, user. It has been 10 years since I felt the rage of hating this movie. Thanks for reminding me why nothing in this world is good.

This movie is a good way to find sociopaths like u :)

I still remember reading the book when I was in 6th grade and being disturbed. I think I even had a nightmare about it, trying to race back to meet hed and stop her death. I didn't make it.

>South Shore girls
no thanks

a failure even in your own dreams

>Why did she HAVE to die?
Cuz she found out teh teacher was a paedo

>how come the faggot couldnt imagine she was alive at the end?

He was doing that for a bit toward the end, telling the adults not to do this or that because she wouldn't like it, trying to act like she was still around. It wasn't healthy. His accepting that she's gone but never forgetting her was the only way to move on.

What was most crushing was that he had no closure. He wasn't there when she died. He didn't see a body. Just one moment she was alive, the next she was gone.

It's hard to accept that someone is dead when they just vanish into thin air while your back is turned, especially for a kid who has never dealt with such a thing before.