*INHALES*... HOLY SHIT

>The F-22 specializes in air-to-air combat, but with today's rules of engagement, the F-22's huge advantages in stealth mean little.

>During an intercept, a jet pulls up next to the plane that has invaded its airspace and tells the plane via radio some version of "turn around or this will escalate."

>At this time, it's customary for the jet to tilt its wings and show the intruding adversary a wing full of missiles. But the F-22 can never do that. Because of its stealth design, the F-22 stores all missiles and bombs internally.

>A pilot intruding into US or US-protected airspace and meeting an F-22 really has no idea whether the jet is armed. And the Russian Su-35 holds more missiles than the F-22, and it holds them where everyone can see.

>On top of that, if a routine interception were to turn kinetic, the F-22 would start the battle at a huge disadvantage.

Where were you when America's obsession with tacticool completely and utterly fucks over its ability to effectively engage in even the most basic rules of engagement and air combat maneuvers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vl8Uah1Exk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>On top of that, if a routine interception were to turn kinetic, the F-22 would start the battle at a huge disadvantage.
What does this mean?

F-22s rely on stealth and establishing the battle on their own terms. When the enemy jet can't tell where the F-22 is, the F-22 pilot's preferred course of action is to dictate the battle and ideally to score a kill without ever being seen.

If a fight were to start during an intercept like the one this week, the Russian pilot would start with the huge advantage of having the F-22 in sight. What's more, the Russian Su-35 can actually maneuver better than the F-22.

I think it means "if a conflict broke out"

Why even care about missiles? Bank hard left and wait for the Russia shit heap to follow, hit 8 Gs and fall apart.

Is the author implying that internal bays are a bad thing? Cause that's a little retarded when you're a stealth jet

Just because you use a fork to cut meat and fail, doesn't mean fork is a useless utensil.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING LEAF

Why the hell would you ever put a stealth aircraft in a situation where it needs to be seen in enemy territory?

Which is utterly useless in the vast majority of intercept flight operations.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about

So basically teleports without a visible katana and gets shot?

For the same reason you'd make a stealth jet your primary air superiority fighter. To impress clueless congressional defense budget committees.

Thanks for correcting the record, Lockmart shill.

Thanks for looking like an absolute retard

Thanks, Lockmart shill.

Comparing Lockheed to Sukhois is like comparing John Deere to Belorus tractors.

Ok, enlighten us, why is having your top of the line air superiority fighter stealthy a bad idea

>WW3 happens
>every air engagement starts with pilots flashing each other with their jet cocks
Kek, sure buddy. Outside of the very first encounter, I don't see how this is relevant at all.

>thread filled with explanations for why having a stealth fighter as your main air superiority card is batshit retarded
>"TELL ME WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

How about you raise a single counterpart to any of the previous ones made instead of showing you lack basic reading comprehension, Lockmart?

>showing you lack basic reading comprehension
I implore you to read the article that you posted, Ming Ping, and really take the time to consider the context of the situation it presents.

>a Thai being mad about "missiles" that aren't immediately visible on the outside
Did you get tricked by a ladyboy, lately?

>enemy jets/targets don't see you coming
Boom you're ded

>the majority of intercepts are total war engagements
Kek.

No u

>total war engagements
As opposed to what? Visual range cockmeasuring?

>implication being that either air force will be playing the game of who's the biggest faggot after the interception that goes hot

>but it can't show off its missiles
Is this a serious article?

F-22 is Evelynn
SU-35 is Jayce

Too bad the vast majority of sorties have fuck all to do with blowing your target out of the sky. You have zero midpoint between flight and engagement. And in most intercepts, you'll be at a disadvantage if you have to engage a target that can already see you. Unleashing a stealth fighter when war breaks out is one thing, using it for patrols is objectively stupid.

I have nothing to say to the first flyover mongrel state that Russia will completely steamroll.

>using it for patrols is objectively stupid.
It's actually pretty smart because guess what....they don't know you're even there

Lmfao dude make up your mind, are you talking about peaceful interceptions or "Russia steamrolling"?

>interception goes hot
>stealth advantage already lost
Unless you're already flying in hot, the stealth is worthless in an aerial escalation scenario.

man, all this expensive hardware and shit and we don't even have any real experience with how they perform.

>conducting patrol
>enemy fighters enter air space
>don't know you're there so they continue flying unimpeded
Brilliant.

Right OP, so first you spam these threads about that letter for three days straight, now this.
I don't know if you're a stupid newfag or a retarded proxy, but please, fuck off.
And stop dragging us into this.

>Too bad the vast majority of sorties have fuck all to do with blowing your target out of the sky.
Vast majority of sorties could be flown by Cessnas with ducttaped dildos and nothing would happen. It doesn't matter who has the upper hand in a potential dogfight, since neither party aims to start a war.

*teleports in front of you, facing away*
nothing personne- wait, fugg
*spaghetti spills out of cockpit*

The Irbis-E radar on the Su-35 can detect a 0.01m2 target at up to 90km.

The Su-35S has RCS size of 1–3m2 depending on external stores which gives the Raptor’s APG-77 radar a detection range of about 230km, but locking is a different matter.

The Su-35 powerful electronic warfare/jamming capabilities will reduce the locking range of F-22 to roughly 50km.

Furthermore, the F-22 radar's much touted “frequency hopping” feature means it cannot maintain a constant lock while doing so and mid course guidance to missiles will be intermittent.

Su-35 is better armed altogether and has longer range missiles (R-37M is a Mach 6+ active radar homing missile with a maximum range of 240km).

Additionally, Su-35S and Su-34 have tail boom radars with the express purpose of providing mid course guidance to missiles while performing missile evasion maneuvers. This undermines the F-22’s first shot advantage; upon firing the Raptor’s pilot may be ducking missiles as well.

The F-22 is limited to 6 AIM-120D and 2 AIM-9X in internal bays, it would be seriously outgunned in beyond visual range engagement. The AIM-120D’s X-band antenna is also vulnerable to jamming.

The Su-35S also has a decisive advantage in dog fight performance over the Raptor which lacks helmet cuing. It also has significantly longer combat endurance with a greater afterburner fuel reserve and four R-73, R-74 or K-74M(RVV-MD) missile rounds over the Raptor’s two AIM-9X.

The Raptor is greatly over exaggerated due to it’s “5th generation” status, but stealth or low observablility is quickly becoming obsolete.

I don't care about your autistic sperging over letters or you shitty reaction images, kill yourself and don't reply to me again.

>it doesn't matter who has the upper hand in a potential dogfight, since neither party aims to start a war
And yet you have a fighter that's completely useless for anything other than waging war, and only when war is a foregone conclusion. Conducting patrols where the ability to signal is paramount.

>in my jumbo cargo jet
>doing a patrol
>spot a filthy commie su-35
>fly close
>attempt to signal him
>he tilts his win the wrong way
>"intercept" aka collide into him
>we both explode in the impact and die
>Russian generals quake and piss themselves after realizing even their best fighters don't compare to a mere cargo plane
>Putin purges half the air force commanders for failing to account for this extremely specific peacetime patrol intercept scenario that has single handedly doomed their entire fleet
>China steals the blueprints for the cargo plane and brands it as their new 7th gen fighter

Ah yes. America's military is definitely weaker than Russia's. Ahh... so this is the power of Thai intellectualism.

>spot a filthy commie su-35

but you are the filthy commies, amerilard friend

>it's customary for the jet to tilt its wings and show the intruding adversary a wing full of missiles.
kek

It definitely is weaker in many crucial aspects.

Fighting literal goatfuckers doesn't really prepare you for facing an enemy like Russia

>namefag with nigger reaction image
Hidden.

Stop being so salty because someone stole your spot in the bread line

Kinda hot desu

Did you already forget how we brought down the USSR? We already beat Russia - when it was much stronger.

Hungarian intelligence at its finest it seems.

Wow what a stupid clickbait article even Gripen is better than SU 35, F 22 is so far ahead it's not even funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=5vl8Uah1Exk

You didn't beat anybody, they destroyed themselves. Don't worry, the same is happening to you too now.

and then there's this retard

>And yet you have a fighter that's completely useless for anything other than waging war, and only when war is a foregone conclusion
Waging war is the purpose of warplanes.

>Conducting patrols where the ability to signal is paramount.
Performance of aircraft in those patrols is irrelevant. But you are on something there, these sorties should be performed by cheaper planes like F16. It makes little sense to use The big guys.

Where did America touch you, user

How much does the Russian government pay you? One dead rat per post?

to be fair, the f-22 isn't meant for those routine interceptions (scrambles) where you need to visually communicate with bogeys. the point of f-22 should be to invade a highly hostile airspace and kill everything in BVR engagements to establish air superiority there (that's why they call it as "air dominance fighter" or something, i guess).

america can't even touch itself because of the size of its gut, much less anyone else

your short fat hands don't reach beyond the range of your belly

So far only you have confirmed and documented programs for paid forum shilling, nigger.

>The Su-35 powerful electronic warfare/jamming capabilities

>these sorties should be performed by cheaper planes like F16. It makes little sense to use The big guys
That's been my entire point this whole time while everyone's been kneejerking like a spastic cow. You don't conduct routine patrols where you regularly need to ward off air space violators with stealth superiority jets.

Just like you don't patrol urban streets carrying a fucking sniper rifle.

>Just like you don't patrol urban streets carrying a fucking sniper rifle.
Actually this perfectly explained why the US would use the F-22 for routine interceptions. Because they can.

>and then there's this retard
Watch the video, smartass

But you've spent the entire thread using that problem as an argument for why the F-22 is shit, don't try to back out of the shitstorm you've kicked up.

>illiterate hohol tries to enter a discussion

read an actual military analysis or a scientific article about modern radar technology, nigger

So...it's bad because you can't see bombs? Fucking seriously?

Every plane is a cargo plane when carrying Americans.

>autistic planefags

>But you've spent the entire thread using that problem as an argument for why the F-22 is shit
Quote the post where I said it's shit.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

>F-22: Hey Rasputin, go away!
>Su-35: Sorry cowboy I don't see your revolver
>F-22: Oh shit!
Is this what they are saying?
Because I think the Su-35 knows that the F-22 is armed, because what stupid idiot is on a fighter jet without weapons?

>F22 doesn't work in a non-war scenario! Failed plane.

You don't design an warplane with "customary interception". You design it to win a war. This article is completely retarded so are you.

You wouldn't understand, O'Donovan.

Which base are you stationed at, mutley?

>You don't design an warplane with "customary interception".
And yet that's exactly what they were using it for.

This author is fucking retarded. The F22 has removable external hardpoints that can carry between 2 and 12 ordinance packages. They're just not fitted during stealth operations.

>It's a thread where a Bulgarian and Ladyboy argue about 1st world militaries being shit

If you faggots knew the fuck you were talking about you'd be first world and with a job in the military, not shitposting on Sup Forums. Fuck off, you stupid 3rd world armchair generals.

Too bad the ones in question weren't conducting stealth operations, they were patrolling airspace.

>Russia
>First world

>hehe, wow he can't show his missiles, time to start a war

FUCK so THIS is how it happens. always wondered.

It's probably that autist who accosted myself and the girl I was with in Plovdiv and started talking about trains and the (no kidding) F-22.

I was talking about your country but thanks for roleplaying the quintessentially American poster and pretending to be sub-80 IQ, haha. Nice one.

Except I am American. Just like you're really a chink or leb cunt behind that Aussie cuckstamp. So how about you sit the fuck down and shut that worthless cock holster you call a mouth.

Did it ever occur to you that the F22 can just open it's internal bays to display it's armaments if it's not fitted with external pylons.

Understand autism no I don't.

>Waging war is the purpose of warplanes.
Actually if you go by reality, their purpose is patrolling, intimidation, and bombing villages.

is "intbro" a hyperbolic parody of americans? It seems like it. You're the epitome of
>american education

>anglo subhumans
>knowing anything about warfare

The only reason you are rich is the same reason jews are rich - because you are thieving soulless scum. Doesn't make you competent or good ar war or anything else though.

>parting your legs and spreading your slit instead of rocking out with your cock out
Lmao

Left out this bit
>Two US F-22 stealth fighter jets intercepted Russian Su-25 and Su-35 jets

Not the other way around
They wanted to light em up, it would have happened in a real war with 'see it and fuck it up' rules of engagement the Russians would be smoked before they knew what hit them.

Actually the F-22 intercepted the Su-25s which are fucking ground assault/close air support bombers and not figthers at all.

Then the Su-35 came and the americans ran away as they should.

This is not the first time I see a burger sexualizing international relations to fit his nation into submissive/cuckold role.

Are you some kind of sexual deviant?

Another push of "muh superior Russian weapons" fake news.

Go back to Sup Forums and /leftypol/

0.05 USD have been deposited on your account

That sounds more like the pay pro-Russian shills like you and OP get.

Impressive fucking paragraph, unironically

>roo roo russia stronk, secretly had alien tech all along, much superior, very great!

>American comms jammed with Russians screaming CYAK BYLAT

I'm pretty sure F-22 can manually open weapon bay doors. They do it on airshows. I'm also pretty sure showing weapons isn't necessary at all.

>Furthermore, the F-22 radar's much touted “frequency hopping” feature means it cannot maintain a constant lock while doing so and mid course guidance to missiles will be intermittent.
very likely bullshit, that's not how it works. also that hopping is pretty fast anyways.
>tail boom radars with the express purpose of providing mid course guidance to missiles while performing missile evasion maneuvers
and this is why f-35 is so shilled and isn't allowed to fail. it's 360 degree optical sensor coverage gives constant track capability. (combined with datalink to missiles of course) that's actually a big deal indeed.
>Raptor which lacks helmet cuing
they added that
>It also has significantly longer combat endurance with a greater afterburner fuel reserve
yes but su-27 family aircraft are pretty sluggish at 100% fuel. (they can carry shitton of fuel). they usually take around half the fuel so that. max fuel is a bit misleading.

Also most of this armchair theorizing never takes into account the wingman or other external support, which is basically a rule to have. Americans are very good at multi-aircraft tactics since mid-WW2. Lots of time they beat superior enemies flying better aircraft.

>read an actual military analysis or a scientific article about modern radar technology, nigger
Kek. Bunch of armchair generals making their best guesses about barely public systems won't give you as much as you think.

>it's customary for the jet to tilt its wings and show the intruding adversary a wing full of missiles
oh no, it cant dick wave the enemy, shamefur dispray!

took a holiday to hide from mean old drumpf? it's been over a year now when will you come back daddy those thai girls have weewees unlike mommee :(