Why did it fail?

Why did it fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Haq3CwrLcOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because who gives a shit about iron fist

Jessica Jones did better and even less people gave a shit about her.

it did?

N O T H I N G
H A P P E N S

Someone post him doing the helicopter.

>Show about the greatest martial artist in the world gives its actor 15 mins of prep time to learn his moves before shooting
They had to rush it to get Finn Jones on the Defenders set

Yeah, people liked it. I've yet to see anybody like Iron Fist. The character is just so bad. It's like he has no common sense.

>literally the most watched Netflix show until then
>failed
Why is Sup Forums always so retarded?

Kung Fu MC with an actor who doesn't know a lick of kung fu and a retarded director who didn't put the mask on him so a stunt double could do some fucking kung fu.
Also, why get an actor who's most famous role is playing some faggot who gets fucked in the ass?

How is this Sup Forums? It's the only Netflix produced marvel show that nobody seems to like or care about.

script was awful. Martial arts sucked and action didn't redeem it.

It had some interesting set-ups but very little actually interesting at this point.

It also triggers me how in all of these shows, you'll have Iron Fist or Daredevil or Jessica Jones decimating dozens of guys no problem, but then the second someone is getting away or there's something urgent, it switches from kicking ass cuts-every-two-seconds to a 30 second chokehold, followed by the cliche of someone going through a door and then being vanished off the earth when someone goes through half a second later.. Very rarely do they seem to know what to do to balance out the super abilities of their protagonists.

cuz mane hero is white

Because no-one is interested in kung-fu anymore.

It was a fad, it had a slight resurgence but it's boring to watch.

she looked like an attainable , decent looking woman

The thumbnail makes her look like shit.

wasnt it the most viewed marvel series so far?

>Why did it fail?
>2nd most watched show on Netflix.
>Most watched Netflix series of 2017.
>Accounted for 14.6% of streams the day it came out.
It's a shitty show but acting like it was a failure makes you sound stupid.

I remember the phrase being "most binged" which I assumed meant people powered through it so they know what happens for Defenders, whereas they might take their time more with more popular shows.

>less popular than Luke Cage
>Luke Cage was the 16th most popular tv show of 2016, behind all CW capeshit
J U S T

-main actor is obviously an incompetent idiot
-no actual kung fu happens, seriously there is more, and better, kung fu in the first episode of 'into the badlands' than this entire series
-its an inherently stupid character
-its a worse season of 'suits'
-rosario dawson doesn't need to be in all of them
-the tweest is no so much obvious as it is kind of super-obvious
-the conclusion of the story is that the main character is also an incompetent idiot

But user, Rosario is a strong black woman with the moral high ground, of course she has to be in all of them!

Daredevil was good
JJ was less good
Luke Cage was worse than JJ

People can see a trend. They should focus more on quality than quantity

it didn't star ethan klein

They should just make their seasons half as long if they're going to pump out so many in the same universe. Luke Cage had some really enjoyable parts, but it was basically two seasons with the connecting framework spread out too thin.

Daredevil had other characters with stuff to do, which broke up the monotony.

That helps. The Fisk scenes in season one are the best Netflix Marvel has done. Iron Fist had other characters but none of them were very interesting. The potentially interesting Harold plotline was so one-note throughout the whole 13 episodes.

I thought it wasn't THAT bad. Better than the trainwreck that was Luke Cage.

The writers have no idea what continuity means. Every episode characters are completely different to themselves one episode again. No one acts with any reasonable logic. There was no reason for the season to be 13 episodes long when the same story was told in half that time, making the entire experience feel like filler.

But most importantly the choreography was TERRIBLE.

Yes, a lot of different writers and directors episode-by-episode. I also got the impression that when they began writing this, all they knew about Hogarth was "okay, so she's some sort of lawyer in NY? got it." It didn't seem continuous with Jessica Jones at all.

I liked luke cage until they killed off cotton mouth.

No consistent villain. Lots of setup but very little payoff. Also nothing was really accomplished.

I liked Faramir in it

He was a big guy

tfw i actually liked it

>martial arts show where the main actor cant do martial arts

Post that 100 cuts in 30 seconds scene

>martial arts show where the main actor who was cast as a martial artist starts 1 year ago, started training martial arts 1 week before they started filming.

>martial arts show about a guy who's life is dedicated to fighting ninjas
>when he meets The Hand they are a sect who aren't actually ninjas
>the actual ninjas in black pajamas sect of The Hand are only in Daredevil
>where it's completely out of place in a gritty crime show and breaks the immersion from how campy they are

I think we all know why

It's Trumps fault

Into the Badlands is kino.

It only really failed with critics. It wasn't particularly good, but I'm pretty sure it was considered successful in terms of the amount of people that watched it unless netflix measures things in some other way

>Complains that show it too white
>Sup Forums

Reddit trolling at it finest.

youtu.be/Haq3CwrLcOI
it's Netflix capeshit