Apologize

Apologize

Why are they copying stargate aesthetic?

I haven't seen this. What did I think of it?

For what? I thought it was kino.

Gerald Butler really needs a new agent

because american education on Egypt history consists of Stargate

>you will never read aloud your book report on ancient egypt about how Captain O Neil and Lt Carter beat Ra and end it off with a hearty JAFFA KREE

Haven't seen it but I heard the action scenes were breddy gud, also SJW butthurt so +1

it's basically the exact same as the mummy returns, a lighthearted adventure romp through a fantasy version of ancient egypt that drowns in too much bad CGI, only in this decade you're now supposed to hate it because the cast is too white and cheesy fun isn't allowed unless you're marvel I guess

It was quite funny and good. Actors are awesome, story is somewhat weak, but nothing too serious.
The only thing that bugged my mind was that the all knowing god was a nigger

The minotaurs were sexy. Anubis was kinda hot too I guess. Probably not worth sitting through the rest of the bullshit movie for, though.

for a mindless action flick its great.

user, do you like the works of Rov?

>it's basically the exact same as the mummy returns
>Proyas was just going for cheesy fun g-guys
>procedes to chimp out at critical response as if he expected accolades for his great epic tale
yeah no

>Proyas was just going for cheesy fun
if you can't see that that's very obviously what GOE is trying to be, you may have actual severe autism

We were ancient royalty and such.

Unironically kino

If this came out in 2003 everyone would have loved it.

The sfx look about that dated yeah

There's still hope for you yet. Don't make the same
mistake I did.

no

user pls, at least give me the basic gestalt of who or what it's about

It was fun movie, had good concepts like gods literally greater than men, Ra literally having a boat which dragged the sun in heavens, and Hathor being sexy as fuck (but she could have bigger boobs, I give you that). Journey through the afterlife and the judgement was very well done, and backstory of Hathor having a "Sekhmet curse" was a nice tip for all people who know something about Egyptian religion.

Story is bland, of course, and acting is very lacking. I hate popular portrayal of Set as some kind of "Egyptian Satan" when in reality it was he who saved the Sun from Apep every fuckin' day. Osiris and Isis could have been done better, especially Osiris' killing. Thot was shit, however the Sphinx scene was at the same time well done and funny.

Also, "I'm the goddess of love. If I won't do that, I'm nothing" was a beautiful line.

I'd give this movie 5/10, but in the scale of my personal fun 7/10.

I unironically liked this.

>when in reality it was he who saved the Sun from Apep every fuckin' day
In fairness, that was given a nod with Set being told that the trials were to prepare him for taking over Ra's job and being boss.

He just didn't want to fight a giant demon snake, was lazy.

>I hate popular portrayal of Set as some kind of "Egyptian Satan" when in reality it was he who saved the Sun from Apep every fuckin' day

to be fair, the Egyptians themselves took him down that road. in the first millennium BC, Set was generally equated with Apep and he was identified with the foreign rulers (Persians, then Greeks) who threatened to defile Egyptian culture (identified with Osiris who was murdered by Set)

It has one one of the most laughable vfx of the decade
I'm glad I saw this clusterfuck on the big screen

wasn't Abbey Lee in this as a snake-riding warrior or something?

She could ride my snake alright

The nigger genius was sjw tier but i guess it's americans doing american things.

>The nigger genius was sjw tier

didn't he get tricked though? some genius. also stop whining about SJWs, it just makes you sound like a fart.

Well we are discussing the movie and i am talking about something that imo made it worse, i don't care if it's not pc or makes me sound "like a fart".

I mean yeah, the God of Wisdom is probably going to be pretty smart.

No

>black guy is a GENIUS?? SJW CRAP!
>Gerard Butler in a role meant for WE WUZ?! White washing!!

You just can't win.

I'm not sure what Im' supposed to be looking at here

Butler's role wasn't meant for WE WUZ, egyptians were not niggers nor arabs.

Missing the point

Exactly.

I understand your point but if we start passively accepting the rewriting of history we will have everyone was black except nazis in 20 years.

Again, missing the point. and also falling for the sjw bait that the original post was mocking

>make a point about how both sides of the political shit coin will never be satisfied, because politics
>you respond to the sjw rhetoric at face value and start parroting braindead Sup Forumstard remarks, outing yourself as a retard

Unironically had fun