Homestuck Art

What is objectively the best page artwise?

There's a lot to pick from

Hard to say. I think the best you can get objectively is a personal favorite out of a clear pool of good looking panels. There's tons.

Cute but scary God Dog

Simpy but beautiful

You posted it. Lord Jake is the best looking character in all of homestuck.
I also love how the other Jacks look in [S] Cascade.

delete this

Hussie was pretty good at making panels that looked like superboss splash screen intros. I wish he had kept his passion in his art for the comic.

why?

i think this is the most beautiful panel

Not that one. The gifs never load properly and one part of him ends up flashing out of synch.

I really like how the Cherub mating is illustrated too

Ara Ara had some pretty hot shots.

oops

Don't forget her ancestor, she has some great shots too.

Better version.

Bloggo loves caliborn
How's it feel knowing we've lost yet another to the skeleton fuckers

I adored Skaia and its clouds. Some of my favorite scenery in the entire comic. It's sad that Hussie struck gold with Sburb as a concept and visual menagerie, but then wanted to steer super hard away from showing more parts of how sessions usually go.

Man, I need to grab some more battleground shots, they're almost always amazing.

I hate that we didn't get way more imagery of the kids Lands, he made them look so good for backgrounds to events and pesterlog exchanges

At least we got to see John's Land change all the way through

are there any good quality stills of aradia going god tier? unironically my favorite part of homestuck

can someone post that comic of karkat crying on the kiwi after he sees dave with jade?

so is this colorado or something
what'd he use for this shot

When you all said "skelefucker" I assumed a lot more Calliope love, but they at least like her, which is plenty for around here. Caliborn is just kind of a given if you have any taste.

Gorgeous.

Don't forget the trolls lands too, massive lost potential on some of their lands that we'll never ever get to see.

Ok but

why's the kiwi so small though
they're like chicken sized aren't they

Not sure. But it's a great example of how he could take random landscape images and make something fantastical and color-strong out of them.

The user who explained how lots of hussies scerery was this bizzare mix of random google images tweaked a bit in Photoshop real hits his asethic really well and I can't honestly say I can place that same style from anything else

Nobody wants to fuck calliope. She's terrible.

don't bUlly skeletons!!

Man, just, no, ok, she inspires daughter feelings in me, protect her from the filthy hateful soulless narrative she was trapped inside of

I want to fuck her. I have a hunch that it's you who nobody wants to fuck, and you're just projecting.

Is that a challenge to post more Calliope

>art
>90% of the comic is a bunch of photo manipulation & bleeding recolours

Whichever page looks the tamest while not using a blatant shop as a bg i guess.

What an ugly whore.

He does backgrounds collage-style. It works for him.

They also hit the arm explanation, she's got nothing else to hang on to before the ending
I bet she drops at either post go retcon or when davepeta and Arquiese hug.

>he does backgrounds collage style
it's called photographic manipulation senpai.

how is caliborn so cute while she is so uggo? they have the same body

Look here KEK

Are you saying that photo manipulation isn't art?

Davepeta will 100% be a drop point, either for the night or for a few days. There's no way she'll be able to stand what happens to Davesprite, given how big of a 'fuck you' it was to both sets of fans.

But I think she'll finish it, she's too invested now not to really.

She is the cutest darling, yes.

It can be both.

Entertain Me Or Roxy Gets It

I want nothing to do with Calliope, not even for a daughter. No child of mine is ever going to be a weak LOSER like Calliope.

Objectively the best Calliope panel.

I miss this style.

It IS art but for most is on the level of dadaism since it's cheap. Like, you know how tracing is punished by most artists and both DC and marvel? photomanipulation is below that.
you can compose, and use it as ref but what hussie did is pick images straight out of google and paste em with overly saturated colors pasted over.

is that a page in the comic?
was it even made by hussie?

No.

Nah m8 I'm a funposter

>all that emotional investment into the striders
>all that actual personal
Investment into the lalondes
>all that investment with no real payoff
>what payoff we get is Dave outed as a homo and rose gets even gayer
It's gonna be a bad fuckin time that's for sure

If you want a no-bullshit opinion, I'm disappointed that Rose didn't do her quest at all because I really loved her Land's aesthetic and scenery from the little we got at the start, and had spent a long time looking forward to more.

I don't know if it's the best page, but this might be my favorite.

It's cheap and fast because he was producing multiple pages a day and a rapidfire pace. And does it really matter if the end result is still gorgeous?

It's worse, given that she treats Davesprite as an independent character, which is something a lot of people fail to do. She's hoping for closure on Davesprite and Jade's issues, I imagine the way it's presented in the end is not going to best please her.

Wow how fucked is it that letting vriska go would've ultimately been better than what she got post retcon

Rose was cool as Evil Paula, for like, half an Act. Then she went full hot pockets for the rest of her life.

I have terezi, ms paint, jane, jade, and rose on my snapchat list, give me some pose suggestions?

>that one Davekat fic where Dave and Karkat have a picnic with their friends, but suddenly Jade approaches them, not knowing that they are a couple
>but even more suddenly, Vriska appears and holds an eidolon
>she demands that all of her friends shall be sacrificed for the greater good
>the whole ground and scenery transforms into a nightmarish hell
>all of Vriska's friends are marked with some kind of symbol
>suddenly demons appear and start eating the carapaces and Jade doesn't make it
>all of the humans are dead, even John, Kanaya and Terezi
>except Rose, she died in a microwave explosion
>only Dave is left, watching the new demon god Vriska fucking and raping Karkat with her huge futa 8ulge

Tags: Dave/Karkat, Dave/Jade (Dysfunctional), Rose/Kanaya, Roxy/John, Bad Breakup, Sacrifice

>which is something a lot of people fail to do
Did
Did people really just have the same idea as john about DS?

hot

WELCOME TO THE PARTY MOTHERFUCKERS

Hardly seems equivalent. Hussie used heavy photomanipulation to churn out as many panels as he could to match the rate of his writing without them all looking like sketchy shit, and it came out looking pretty and gave Homestuck a distinct look. DC and Marvel have several artists doing different jobs on each book to produce a product that represents them in a massive industry, so they have standards that require unique, quality art that isn't traced or copied.

He uses a collage technique and he makes it work. I don't have that many Homestuck panels saved, here are some of his superb photoshop skills at play.

ms paint either drinking at a bar or at a cantown starbucks

>mspaint
>Jane
leaning over a counter, cream on her breats or whatever that gimmick was.
>Jade
Outside behind some tress trying to act coy
>Terezi
Taking a picture into a mirror and staring the wrong way
Choice ass not optional

She should have just stayed dead.

Well Ms. Paint has got to show off her 'assets' in that dress of hers, perhaps with a wink and a 'get better soon' message given her whole nursing of Slick deal may he RIP.

Jane has got to baking up a storm, perhaps with only an apron on with some nice, juicy buns on display?

Terezi's usually best for her behind, but she's got the shark teeth thing going on so either one of those would work. Terezi in a thong is something I haven't seen yet, possible option there I guess.

>sacrifice

Can someone link me to liveblogger's blog?

Fuckingletmehaveaname

>jane
sitting, possibly on a kitchen bench, for maximum thighs. phone held up to roof at myspace angle?

>rose
artsy, back to the camera, looking off into the middle distance aloof

>terezi
goofing off upside down on the couch

Of course, it's one of the interesting parts of Davesprite's character in that people percieve him different in and out of the comic. You have to raise the question though, is he just Dave? A lesser Dave? Or even a greater Dave, given that he's a sprite and has done a number of rather heroic things.

Most fans I've seen get behind the idea of him just being an independent Dave, given the different experiences he's been through from the original which alters his reactions to things from the original Dave.

To see those struggles just dropped because Hussie said they're fixed? Yeesh she's not going to take it lightly.

God do they even show up again after the trickster arc

This picture isn't fancy or anything, but i really like it's composition.

Anyone have a gif of this part?

>that fucking crow
Heh

dont do it

put 'em on the glass

Jade should be holding a box of dog treats or something, with the caption being about wanting a big juicy bone

VRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSKAAAAAAAAAAAAA

jake is so fucking hard to write
even as a joke ugghhh

Fucking jape.

Taking quick requests

Just pop open a "20s slang" page and apply liberally to a fandom interpretation of John circa 2011

clingy jade

Is it really that hard to make up retarded phrases?