Has this been storytimed yet? If not, I'll probably do it now

Has this been storytimed yet? If not, I'll probably do it now.

lurkin here OP

YES PLEASE!

>Aldrich
I think I just killed him

>the sun is angry
fuck this

PRAISE THE SUN

That's how you know this is an American comic.

>Butcher Solaire
>Muh Feminism

This was clearly written by someone who once saw their roommate play Dark Souls and that was it.

It does a terrible job of evoking the same feeling Dark Souls had, female knight be damned

This is a fucking disaster I hope this got canceled and whoever wrote this got castrated

i think its the fact that they need to shove her tits in your face when there is very few armours that change between the sexes

Not to mention all the herf derf bare chestedness
Even the focus on her gender is so fucking retarded given the number of sword swinging women in DS that no one gives a fuck about.
Only one character had really any focus on their gender in DS and that was because he was raised as a trap.

Should have little dialog and if the protag is a woman they should Samus it up

yeah it should've been a walking suit of armour fighting shit watching other people talk

This

>Aldrich

u gon get eat

>not rollan
>not Drake Sword
>angry Solaire
>not Gwin shenanigans
>MC not being naked with a huge shield to improve deflection

1/10 at best

I'd usually like this sort of vibrant colouring, but god damn it - who thought it would be a good idea for a Dark Souls book?

And dying. A lot.

Inner monologue also would be acceptable as long as it was pretty limited.

>And dying. A lot.
Fuck, she isn't even hollow.

no dying i dont want the video game without the game i want a character that doesn't talk and watches npc's from the game interact

This is so fucking shit

Does the west need to ruin everything?

where can i download more of these? google dont seem to be giving me any results aside from reviews and previews and fan comics

or maybe im not using the right words

Comic should show, not tell

Like the actual damn game

There can be other characters too but it needs the sense of the protagonist failing and only pressing on due to sheer force of will. It's an important theme of the game.

>more of these?
No such thing exists yet.

its a good theme of the game not the story so i still dont want it

>it's, Aldrich!
>you know, the cannibal cleric who eat so many children that will become an inconsistent blob

So, is Aldrich here the actual dude with the mild eating disorder from the game or is it just a guy with the same name?

Praise the quads!

>no death
>no depressed atmosphere
>generic fantasy armor
>generic fantasy villain
>too much talking for a so called walking corpse
>the mc is not even crispy bacon
They fucked it up.

Nor should any more exist.

Geez all the armor looks fucking awful.

I'm so unimpressed.
I've only been writing comics for a year now and I bet I could write a better story.

>depending on who my artist is, write the script in such a way that plays to their strengths
Like the guy running into her sword. What the fuck?
>design document detailing comic exclusive armor that's unique to the protag while still remaining faithful to the source
I mean boob armor- seriously.
>head to toe armor that obscures the wearer. Gender ID and Identity does not matter in this case. Its the world around you that drives the story.

>most importantly, the character is completely silent, save for some very short, five word monologues and subtle gestures. Have the character be implied they're speaking, we just can't hear them, like in the games.

>that bottom left panel
HOW DO YOU BEND IN METAL ARMOUR

Hey now, you can get face tattoos in those games.
The rest, though... well I'm not going to say DS is REALISTIC AND PRACTICAL ONLY when stuff like Smough exists, but it's somewhere between Warcraft and fantasy animu more than DS.

I wasn't expecting much since most modern writers fucking suck at anything resembling subtlety, but holy shit. This comic is an absolute dumpster fire.

It's not Solaire

Besides the fanbase did well enough to beat that character into the ground long ago.

wow thats pretty harsh at least dumpster fires keep people warm

Boring cash in, feels like any generic fantasy

Its face was just too good for this world.

>Talking talking talking
>Words words words
Just give me a faceless nameless voiceless knight dealing with some heavy shit.

Funny how that works.

>Sup Forums can write better Dark Souls comics than paid professionals.

Well this feels... not really Dark Souls-y. Just kinda generic fantasy.
Hell, if it wasn't for that Solaire armor and the sidekick being named Aldrich (and neither of those seem to be in context anyway) I probably wouldn't be able to tell this has anything to do with DS at all.

Wow, that's fucking garbage. Thanks for sharing though.

Dark Souls has a hard time working in other media as it is, but man this si shit on every level. Certain panels looks like parodies people would put together to shit on the concept of a Western Dark Souls.

Who the fuck looks at any Souls based thing and thinks "Yeah, some boob armor".

There's manboob armor, why not regular boob armor

Place your bets now people, which will end up being worse? The inevitable Hollywood movie adaption of Dark Souls (if it hasn't been announced already, it will be) or this comic's run?

Wasn't there supposed to be another one or these out around now? Vaguely recall there were supposed to be up to 4 issues.

Wow, i was excited for this but holy shit it blows, glad i didn't ordered it

he has a rank and probably got it custom made for his big-nippled body while she is literally a deserter knight that should be a dime a dozen

How do you fuck up a dark souls comic? Seriously, just make a comic with an atmosphere like the first issue of godzilla in hell, it's not hard

Ugh, I can't even get pass the fucking introduction. At least with the DaS2 comic, it generally kept true to what was in the actual game and the dialogue largely matched up with what a Cursed Undead and Crestfallen Saulden would say.

And the art was better

terrible. they should have just did BLAME! with knights. armored up guy traversing dark horrible places and occasionally fighting horrible monsters. is it really that hard?

I can guarantee the people behind this never finished one souls game.

Actually Smough is really /fit/ underneath the armor.

I'm so used to seeing the characters in full armor that I have a hard time thinking they don't necessarily look like said armor. Especially with Catarina apparently making metal fatsuits the norm for every knight they have.

Has it been confirmed to be Smough or simply an Undead wearing his set? Although considering the description for his set in DaS3, it's safe to assume that Smough is actually /fit/ underneath and the armor is simply fat to represent his gluttonous cannibalism.

>he never saw the official concept das1 art where he was swole as shit.

He's about as fucking ripped as they come. He kinda has to be.

This book is awful, the art is okay but the page composition and character poses are awful, the writing is fucking dreadful and the tone is way way off.

Is this a free webcomic or something? Surely money was not exchanged in some way for this.

also

>shove her tits in your face
she's not wearing revealing armor or anything that highlights her tits other than acknowledging that she has them, what are you even talking about

Boobplate is generally not appreciated by the "hardcore" fantasy fan crowd. Doesn't help that this is a spinoff of a franchise where 90% of outfits are unisex, barring weird custom made stuff like or skirts you get from nuns or princesses (and you can wear them as a guy anyway).

>This stupid fucking armor.

You know what I've always REALLY loved and respected about Dark Souls?

It taking inspiration and really respecting medieval armor and so forth: Some of it's practical, maybe a little drab even, but they even managed to capture the "silly but historical" stuff.

This would be so much better if it was made in Japan

>says "medieval armor"
>posts early modern armour

>Inner monologue also would be acceptable as long as it was pretty limited.

I would only want them to talk in soapstone messages
"Trap Ahead"
"Try Two Handing"
"Ally Required Ahead"
"Sorrow, you don't deserve this!"
"Try Tongue But Hole"

the kind of thing that may suggest that they've done this before

i would also hope that the beginning of each comic is the MC waking up at a bonfire,
looking more and more like beef jerky each time.
and it ends with them hollowing out just after completing their goal

If you ignore the text bubble her face looks like she's pulling a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. Someone do a crop?

>Random Lords of the Fallen/Warhammer enemy shows up

Well, atleast it had Aldrich

Christ, Kratos really let himself go.

The art was a lot better than I thought it would be

I was disappointed by the art style. I have a bias against this type of shading and coloring to begin with, but for something as dark as Dark Souls I felt it really needed a more high-contrast look with deeper shadows and less gradients.

What is this fanfiction shit

I fucking hope not. It got everything wrong about the tone and style of Dark Souls, especially the dialogue.

This just turned into a Warhammer comic

It should be a Mignola-esque comic with minimalist dialogue, focusing on the stories of the NPCs, sometimes meeting the various Chosen Undead that we find dead all over the game.

It's because it reads like a standard fantasy comic with little to differentiate it from any other fantasy IP.

>So they've commissioned a comic about this game.
>What is it about?
>I don't know, some medieval shit.
>So, like WoW, right?
>Yeah. Also this character is popular, put him in.

This, the comic should tell the story with it's art. Dark Souls always tells it's story in subtext.

The art was pretty good but incredibly generic.