CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

>The heavily hyped return of “Twin Peaks” on Showtime didn’t draw much of an audience Sunday, with scarcely more than half a million people tuning in to the two-hour premiere.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-may-21-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=402rRmsWrAQ
deadline.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-showtime-streaming-service-signups-record-1202100511/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think Lynch minds. He always had and knows he has a small niche audience, despite how vocal that audience is about him.

This show is just OMG SO RANDUMB XD in digital format

>showtime

this is why

I dont have that shit so I'm just gunna have to torrent it

It's only random if you haven't watched the previous material

No all of it is random, David Lynch can't think of a coherent story so he just throws loads of ideas together and hope they sticks

it's not popular with normalfaggots so that means it's kino here

BETTER CALL SAUL WINS AGAIN

TWIN Cucks BTFO!

literally all of it makes sense (besides the asian lady part)

>implying this isn't exactly what Lynch wanted and what we wanted.

Fuck fairweather fans, this is kino for us and us alone and fuck the ratings, it's all done and its all coming out we're just in for the ride.

lmao I remember when I thought this too

I don't care

Lynch has said that he can accept something flopping or being disliked as long as he got a chance to do exactly what he wanted. He got that here, and he's getting good reviews. He'll be happy with that.

i am completely satisfied with the season so far

His background is as a surrealist painter. He's fused that style with narrative filmmaking, but it's still a part of his system. You don't expect surrealist visual art to make literal sense. That's not what it's trying to do.

The most discriminating audience on earth, Sup Forums.

Be proud, shitpost loud.

Don't most people stream anyways? I don't even own a tv anymore.

Because it's on Shittime. Showtime is the literal who of paid channels.

I don't think Showtime were expecting large numbers.

the rankings are
>HBO
>Showtime
>Starz and Cinemax tied

youtube.com/watch?v=402rRmsWrAQ

What about amc and netflix?

>David Lynch can't think of a coherent story
The Straight Story, The Elephant Man and Blue Velvet prove you wrong

What about FX?

>lynch
>caring about numbers

Dunno i'm just asking i just thought that amc was higher. I'm not american.

You faggot. You're misleading anons. It also saw Showtimes largest single new subscription surge. People are streaming it through Amazon and whatnot, not watching on TV.

I know it might come as a surprise to you, but people prefer four hours of unadulterated LYNCH KINO rather than just two.

deadline.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-showtime-streaming-service-signups-record-1202100511/

AMC had Mad Men which was top tier, but FX has done well w/ telekinos like The Americans, Louie, Baskets

>mfw Chrysta Bell's booty first swayed onscreen

This. Ratings don't mean shit anymore. Nobody watches TV, everybody just streams.

I want to see the stat on new Showtime subscriptions.

That is the actual measure. No one fucking watches live tv anymore. Everyone streams.

TWIN PEAKS IS A MEME

IT WAS NEVER GOOD

>what we wanted.
Kys

Good. That means it won't be milked to death.

>talking about first 4 episodes with normie coworkers
>they shit on it, saying that it's weir for the sake of being weird
>tell them that I acutally enjoyed it
>they get really buthurt, call me mr.pretentious and mr.contrain the whole day
Jesus Christ, you can not like the show but why get so aggresive about it?

>linear TV
>mattering in this day and age

They're threatened by you

Other way around on here.

>talking about first 4 episodes with anons on Sup Forums
>they love it, saying that it's pure kino
>tell them that I acutally disliked it it
>they get really buthurt, call me a btfo normie and a pleb
Jesus Christ, you can like the show but why get so aggresive about it?

Anyone who has to talk like that, ironically or not, must be 15

So does subtle character portraits BTFO puking creamed corn? I thought so.

i don't trust any show that has a reddit subgeneral on this board

I am thinking that the people that get butthurt about it are the type that can't sit and watch a show truly focused or have all of these thoughts and distractions in their heads. Or do other things when they watch shows or movies. Lynch's shows can get people antsy with the pacing between parts of dialogue or a scene and the bizarre things he puts in his work and Twin Peaks. A lot of things Lynch has said he puts in off the cuff but there is an interesting relationship and actually quality relationship or symbol that develops a lot from these. And a lot of it, and the central stuff, has many good symbols in it that are intended.

His works and Twin Peaks are meant to be disjointed to show the many meanings for different symbols and also to find more.

Everyone I know streamed it

This show breached 200k viewers once in its 8 ep runtime yet it was the best show of 2016

Showtime aren't really ones to care about ratings
A lot of their shows don't have massive ratings but get great critical reception and award buzz
If TP has that then it's great for them.

>implying this auteur cares if his work gets good ratings

Honestly, if Lynch was truly able to create his series as he envisioned it, then he'd be happy just knowing that.

Were there any black characters in eps 1 and 2? Don't think I've noticed any.

I fucking hate normies

D-didn't mean to reply. S-sorry.

Bane ?

Twin peaks is for hipsters and faux-intellectuals anyways.

t. brainlet

ZOMG

LE GOOB GUP OF COFFEE

XDD

HAHA HE'S JUST LIKE ME

XD

I DRINK COFEEE TOO!!!!

HOLY FACK HAHA

DOUGHNUTS YASS!

ITS FUCKIN BLEBBIC!

ITS TWIN PEAKS1!!!

90S KIDS UNITE *FIST PUMPS*

X------D

The whore Dougie was fucking

What kind of autism do you have to have to post this

why is everyone saying Showtime "doesn't care about ratings"... are you fucking retarded, of course they care about ratings

The better comparison is that it was well beaten by both American Gods & The Leftovers on the same night. They're both "prestige" shows that you could trot out the "Everybody just streams them!" line about but when the live audience is doubled for those its a bad sign.

They only had 440k for the on demand/streaming service anyway so even combined with the cable viewers it still didn't beat Leftovers cable audience.

SUFFOCATION
NO BREATHING

>tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com

You faggots are a bunch of blind followers of Lynch who won't accept that "Twin Peaks: The Return" is a total disaster. This is the final proof that rebooting old series is a really *really* bad idea, since not even Lynch can do it right.

TPTR is not Twin Peaks: it's a bland, sad, and pathetic attempt of self-celebration in the form of an artificial continuation of an unfinished old work. So old that you, the creator, can't even remember correctly. Ironically, at a metalanguage level, the topics of this reboot perfectly reflect what reboots per se are: concretely, a doppelganger, product of a creative void. It's not Cooper who is lost here, it's David Lynch himself. Maybe this is his unconscientious talking...

I will tell you one thing: after watching the first episode I was actually deceived for a moment, as I thought it was going to be great; maybe it was going to be more in the direction of FWWM, but I was OK with that. But then, after episode two I started to realize what was really going on here. At episode three, I started to cry and almost turned off my TV, as I finally understood what was happening here: it was the dead of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.

this literally didn't happen

Is this a Dugpa post

idk how that's tp relevant but thank you

retard Coper was cool.

but how is there TWO Cooper now IRL? I thought Evil Cooper/Bob took over Coopers body, replacing his soul. But who is this Gougie Jones??

>can't sit and watch a show truly focused or have all of these thoughts and distractions in their heads. Or do other things when they watch shows or movies

thats literally what the glass box in epsiode one killing those people is about. A critique on the netflix and chill culture

you don't fucking nigger amc is a basic cable and netflix is not a fucking tv channel

amc and fx are basic cable
hbo showtime starz and cinemax are all premium

as for viewers, they don't MEAN SHIT. look at homeland viewers, or shameless. they wouldn't renew these shows if they weren't successful, right?

Good I don't want the GoT faggots ruining Twin Peaks

Except it's not. You are reading too much into it.

that's a great impression of a fat internet piece of shit, now do walken

I didn't post this and I think that it does probably have some intended reference to that and there are many meanings to it as well that are deeper.

wow check out this retard

Not the user you replied to, but I feel like you can still critique Lynch's work regardless of his origins with abstract art and analysis. I don't buy that he gets a pass while other filmmakers get shit on for arguably doing some of the same things Lynch does.

And look, I like Lynch. Blue Velvet is great, Eraserhead is great, I just never thought Twin Peaks as his best work. It has flaws, and arguably most of them are what makes the show memorable. But his approach to making movies, which certainly is an art form with a basis on telling a narrative, lacks in certain films, in my opinion. But this is Sup Forums so I guess it's wishful thinking to expect reasonable discussions and just call David Lynch an undeniable genius and spout shitty memes like KINO

And you reading too little on a series created by guy who goes heavy on allegories, metaphores and tv/film industry critique.

If I had a brainlet image I would be posting that. So imagine I just did.

It was painfully obvious and borderline unsubtle. The guy watching an empty box couldnt see shit and when he gets distracted by a female normie he misses an important thing. Then they get destroyed for not paying attention to the fucking box in which Cooper appeared some minutes before.

I hope he is forced to release all his catalogue on Bluray now because of this.

>Niche director pulls in niche audience on a niche premium cable network

What are they gonna do, cancel the 14 episodes already made?
Lmao.

>They only had 440k for the on demand/streaming service anyway so even combined with the cable viewers it still didn't beat Leftovers cable audience.

That must be really bad then because The Leftovers was doing terrible numbers viewer wise last season, no clue if it has went up due to how acclaimed it is.

I think most people my age (early 20's) don't care / know about Twin Peaks, sucks to be them.

go back to the capeshit thread, kiddo

but James is cool he's always been cool

WHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?

I haven't watched it yet but I've seen some reviews that don't seem glowing. I'll have to decide for myself. It's one of those shows that needs my full attention and not just on in the background.

But why criticise abstract art for a lack of narrative? Would you criticise mainstream art for an abundance of narrative? It's self-defeating. It's like criticising the colour blue for not being red. Also, Un Chien Andalou. Cinema's origins are in abstract spectacle as much as in narrative. It's like the difference between a poem and a novel.

Also, I find it strange that you think Eraserhead is great, despite almost totally lacking in a coherent plot or arc, but criticise Twin Peaks on the same grounds, despite Twin Peaks having an entirely coherent narrative that's easily intuited.

I don't know if it's age or it's just too different but I was just kind of :O the whole time and I'm not sure if it was in a good way

I long ago decided to give up on decoding David Lynch since he's a surrealist but Twin Peaks has always kind of been the easy one to follow

Gonna stick with it though because I've loved Twin Peaks since forever

I've always found tp easy to follow too, I still find that with the new series. I think once you know or figured out what blue rose means it all falls into place. have you seen eps 3 and 4 yet bc some scenes in those definitely show it going back to its routes

I am about to start ep 3. I didn't DISLIKE it, but man, it is not palatable to the masses. I've seen most of Lynch's work and I appreciate it for all its weird surrealism but I did find the premiere to be pretty strangely different. And I think it'll be SUPER off-putting to people who just go in for the buzz.

>blue rose
and... what is the blue rose exactly?

You know what gets good ratings? The Big Bang Theory

supernatural case

Code for a case with paranormal elements, basically an X file. It's from FWWM

This is what Danzig should've become. Not the blubbering mess he is now.

james being cool was the most unbelievable thing in whole 4 episodes

I feel like they did an awful job promoting it? The last thing I remember about it was when they posted the cast list like a year ago and soooooo many names were on the list but that's all I remember

Its almost as if it wasn't heavily advertised

Why should it be palatable to the masses? This is probably one of the last things Lynch will ever make and he's making it into a continuation of all of his previous work, not trying to make a mainstream commercial success.

a continuation of a weird show that wasn't that popular in the first place airing on showtime bombed? what a surprise.

it was a phenomenon when it first came on.

>wasn't that popular in the first place
why do people on here always make this mistake