Oh look, it's Twin Peaks but less pretentious and friendly towards poc and LGBTQ folk

Oh look, it's Twin Peaks but less pretentious and friendly towards poc and LGBTQ folk.

So, trash.

How was Twin Peaks pretentious?

chicks love this show. it has its creepy moments. I don't care for it

season 2 is good, season 1 watchable. everything after is garbage

season 3 was good as well, when they started all the musical sections in the fourth season the quality dropped dramatically, though the clown storyline during that season was kino

Hahaha I was baiting no way there are losers here who actually watch Glee trash

Power Ranking:

2 > 1 > 6 > 3 > 5 >>>>>>>>>>> 4

Why are the resolutions to each season so shitty? They always have these really interesting and weird storylines with so much potential but by the end of the season they don't live up to anything.

Why actually is this. Nearly every girl I know loves this show and almost every guy I know has never even heard of it

Are you shitting me? Twin peaks is the most modest show ever compared to any trash made for the CW+FOX crowd. Ever watch the later seasons of Supernatural? They act like their the hottest shit ever.

2>1>5>6>>>>>>>I liked 5, it had a lot of style. Unfortunately Lady Gaga is an awful actress who happened to play one of the most mary sue bitches I've ever seen.

It's a horror anthology show. Every season is a new story but reuses the actors.

It's okay. Do NOT assume every season will have horror in it. Skip 4 because it's dogshit

This is exactly why I gave up after Coven. Liked everything about the setup but it was a dumpsterfire by the end. Pic related one of the few exceptions from latter half I enjoyed.

>yells balenciaga as she dies

unironically thought that was dope.

I could watch a puddle dry and it would have a more exciting, intersting story than AHS, better characters and would be a more productive use of my time.

Honestly, it's bad. Not terrible, but bad enough that you should reconsider your life choices if you enjoy it.

I liked nearly all of the seasons, except 4 which was so bad I've tried watching it on 3 separate occasions and walked away every single time

So it's a show that started off as a tribute to horror and Americana, with some genuinely creepy and unnerving visuals. The opening for the first season is forever in my head.

Then, the third season happened. The season was much less about horror and played out almost exactly like a magical girl anime, except with more blood. But since it had strong, powerful womyn of color bickering with each other and casually killing men, it was immediately gobbled up by females, and it gained immense popularity. The next seasons all focused around strong, empowered womyn being better than everyone since it was a formula that sold; luckily, they managed to eek out some good story elements and wonderful visuals from this lackadaisical approach.

Why are you comparing it to TP? It sounds more like The Twilight Zone if Rod Sterling was a drooling idiot.

The director has been trying to set up an expanded universe since season 3 but FX keeps telling him no so he just shits on it in the end.

Next season was supposed to be a mish-mash of all the seasons but they told him no again so now he's making it about the adventures of drumpf and the 2016 election - not shitting you.

It's also less good

??? When did I compare it to TP? You asked what it was about and I said what it was about

Okay. I take it back. It sounds like a cross betwwen The Twilight Zone(The suspenseful stuff) with Orange is the New Back (Started decently enough, then the writers started shoving shit down our throats)

I made it to season 3 and I checked out. Season 1 was REALLY good until the whole kid is damien subplot. That kinda ruined it for me, but I thought it would pick up maybe in season 2 so I stuck with it. Season 2 was okay until the little retarded half-head girl and the aliens showed up to fuck with the doctor who was also conveniently a nazi or something. Season 3 was nothing but fan service and fleetwood mac, or to put it mildly it was just bad. The witch subplot made no real sense, and then by the end they basically turned them into gods, but oh look it's Stevie Nicks! Total fan service. Stopped watching it there. I heard the fourth season was even worse.

Stretch a Twilight Zone episode out to 12 episodes and add more gore and yeah, you got it.

The problem with season 2 was that the writers were trying to implement way too many things, but realized they were constricted to 1 season so they all became dead ends

Season 2 had aliens, zombies, nazi doctor, a literal demon, ghosts, and a time jumping serial killer, but all of those other plots were pointless and thrown out the window to focus on Bloody Face

That's why Season 2 was so good, though. All of these weird horror elements crammed into a story that somehow made sense through and through was amazing.

Did they make sense? It's been awhile but I thought the explanation was that none of those things were happening and it was all a dream inside a crazy person's head

It didn't

First two seasons were genuinely good. Especially Asylum (2), it was basically them throwing a bunch of horror movie tropes and forming a very convoluted but entertaining story out of them. Starting with 3 (Coven) onwards the show became a soap opera for teenage girls and the horror elements are practically non existent. When you talk to chicks who "love" this show, ask specifically what seasons they like. They loved it starting with season 3, because that's when it turned into a soap opera of love triangles and girls cheating on each other, being catty towards each other, etc

So seasons 1 and 2 were good because they actually catered towards horror movie fans. Season 3 onwards it became a soap opera for teenage girls hence why it became so popular with this season.

twin peaks has niggers( gym teacher, porter at the great northern, jumping man), chinks, strong women etc what more do you want you lil faggot
I love emma roberts tho

Why does nobody like s6? It had genuine horror and creepy parts in it, you just have to ignore the last episode exists

People like to confuse "artistic" and "ambitious" with pretentious

>you just have to ignore the last episode exists
answered your own question

I don't seem to recall Twin Peaks being specially mean toward "poc and LGBTQ folk" neither adressing them in some special way.
Wich is the way to go. Since they're just supposed to be normal people and not special snowflake.

The last episode had nothing to do with the rest of the season though. Everything was tied up in the previous episode. Just don't watch it and you wouldn't have missed anything

That's probably the most accurate description of this shit show I've read. Glee is definitely in the mix too.

>poc and LGBTQ folk

Leave