In 'Raise the Steaks,' Hank Hill says that if someone asks for their steak well done...

In 'Raise the Steaks,' Hank Hill says that if someone asks for their steak well done, you are meant to ask them politely yet firmly to leave.

Yet in "To Sirloin with Love," when Bobby rattles off the cuts and doneness of the steaks Hank is cooking for his guests, he notes that there are two steaks well done.

Which is it, Hank? Which is it?

Boy, I hope someone got fired for that blunder

>critical thought is bad

Maybe he had a change of heart.
Or maybe his original comment was made in jest.

You mean to tell me that there was an insignificant inconsistency in a long running series whose writing had been going down the shitter for the last three seasons anyway?

Can't a guy change his mind?
Geez, remember the times before the internet where something you said once wasn't said in stone and wasn't immediately and permanently made part of your character?

Or maybe he was, you know... kidding?

They aren't serving it to anyone, but he still needs to know how it looks for his training.

Nowhere near as bad as when they retconned Peggy's entire family.

hank also enjoys charcoal burgers in the second episode. continuity was not this show's strongest point. but it was still better than most shows.

honestly listening to my mom's stories about growing up i have like five different understandings of their status quo.

>In 'Raise the Steaks,' Hank Hill says that if someone asks for their steak well done, you are meant to ask them politely yet firmly to leave.
>
>Yet in "To Sirloin with Love," when Bobby rattles off the cuts and doneness of the steaks Hank is cooking for his guests, he notes that there are two steaks well done.
>
>Which is it, Hank? Which is it?

He's sending those two a message

Peggy's mother comes over to the hill house in an early episode, she is also seen in the Thanksgiving episode. Later she is retconned as being a completely different character that Peggy hasn't seen in years.

The brother retcon pissed me off more. Prison is more believable than an oil rig, but I felt that just showed how extreme mom was. Which she was.
>His character didn't fit Peggy background
>Nigga could have mooch off the hills for months, instead decides to go 100 every night throwing everyone under the bus.
>Lucky figured out he went to prison before Hank.

Oh, mercy...

Red corn character was shit. Dale helped him get his land back, became his manager that lead to Redcorn become a child entertainment star. Introduce him to the ex stripper he forgot he knocked up and turned new family.

It also is a terrible retcon because it invalidates much of Luann's backstory, since her father was supposed to be a meek, bookish man who was terrorized by his wife.

And it makes all those mentions of "day passes off the oil rig" make no sense.

But I think what pisses me off most about Peggy's brother retcon is that with the other retcons I can believe they just forgot or felt the little continuity wasn't important, Peggy's brother was a blatant "We're out of ideas so fuck continuity" plotline.

Yeah, he really went to shit after those character arcs.

>Complains about Dale taking care of his son
>Going after a married woman in the first place
I'm really not sure what he was expecting. At least they gave Dale a good end by making Nancy realize what a piece of shit she was being.

It's satire

I liked that Dale unknowingly fixed his wife cheating on him just by being such a great person. In the end, his wife feels like shit, John Redcorn feels like shit, but Dale remains blissfully ignorant and happy with his home life. I know a lot of people bitch that he never ended up finding out, but that's probably for the best in his case.

>end thread

Dale would be destroyed if he knew. He would make Bill look like Boomhauer

Worse, he'd have snapped and been put in jail for a hilariously botched murder attempt

The first one was from a filler episode.

Maybe he did know all along