/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Cool Edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces (optional) > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=yPW-cPfkd4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
picosong.com/MTTA/

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF

Meanwhile...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SLry85Twhno?t=214
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for true love

As you know, your brother, Harry S. Truman, is my godfather. I heard he is ill. I came to pay my respects to my godfather and extend my best wishes for his recovery, which I hope will be swift and painless. It's an honor to see you again. You know, my heart is always here with you, and these fine people, my parents, who I love so dearly. And I was in the area, and I wanted to pay my respects.

I also came back to let my parents know, because this has been a matter of grave concern for them, that I've decided to let them do what they wish with my childhood bedroom. They want to - they want to build a study for the two of them, such sweet people.

My family, my friend, I've crisscrossed this great land of ours countless times. I hold the map of it here, in my heart, next to the joyful memories of the carefree days I spent as a young boy, here in your beautiful town of Twin Peaks.

From Alexandria, Virginia, to Stockton, California, I think about Lewis and his friend Clark, the first Caucasians to see this part of the world. Their footsteps have been the highways and byways of my days on the road. My shadow is always with me. Sometimes ahead. Sometimes behind. Sometimes to the left. Sometimes to the right. Except on cloudy days. Or at night.

Why was Shelly locking eyes with some guy at the bar? I thought she was married to Bobby

>Shelly
>ever being faithful

Do you even Twin Peaks?

What did the symbolism in this scene represent?

reminder this is the best scene in the show and Chrysta Bell is probably the only reason to watch at this point

Retard Coop only exists because of Kyle's plastic surgery and he can't make facial expressions anymore

>bobby ever settling down

Childhood is thinking James Hurley's motorcycle adventures were the worst part of Twin Peaks.
Adulthood is realizing Josie Packard's boring storyline is actually the worst.

Where can I get that song in the first episode when evil Coop is driving at night?
Sounds fucking good.

>tfw no Truman

Those HIPS and Wally are the best things season 3 has given us so far.

Who else is glad you survived long enough to see Lynch's magnum opus and the revival of arthouse?

>laura

HELLOOOOOOooooo~OOOOOOOOO

>some guy
Retard
>shelly being faithful
DOUBLE RETARD

>BILLY FUCKING ZANE

I loved the obvious parody of shitty cop shows and their blue filters

Why is everything so fucking blue and lifeless?

I made the mistake of watching with my family.

~I don't understand that~, ~Nothing is happening~, ~This is boring~

>As you know, your brother, Harry S. Truman, is my godfather. I heard he is ill
What did he mean by this?
I thought that Sheriff Truman was Harry S. Truman? Is the Sheriff Truman in season 3 not the same one from the previous season?

>It doesn't get any bluer.

>The rose
>The screen
>Your balls

>he hasn't watched the episode

It doesn't get bluer

>Retard

So who was it then?

>>some guy
>Retard
Who was he then? I can't recognise him

thanks for this user I'm dying, sublime moment of levity
bravo lynch

the shitposters are gonna have a hard time in the coming months with a show like this, thats almost universally loved by Sup Forums.
they should join a discord so they can take shifts.

My criticisms as a Lynch fan (lost highway being fave movie), obsessed with Twin Peaks:

1. It's leaning toward corny instead of campy
2. Aesthetically is not in line with Lynch's work as a whole & TP specifically

It's too digital and perfect looking. The town of Twin Peaks should not have people with perfect photo shoot ready full faces of glam makeup, people in the show shouldn't be wearing brand new looking clothes that have never been worn, the overall color scheme is...non existent. It's too bright and...clear?

Sheriff Truman played by Robert Forster is Harry's brother. Harry is "sick" according to Lucy.

The Truman we see is Frank Truman, Harrys brother

Her waist to hip ratio is absolutely unreal

>Josie Packard
speaking of her, was she the girl with the sewn eyes trapped down there?
The actress looks vaguely asian

>universally loved by Sup Forums.
you mean female and numale crossposters?

>Twin peaks returns
>its actually good
>normies btfo and hate it
So this is what it feels like to have your expectations surpassed

James. He was always cool.

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up, I thought he looked different

>The town of Twin Peaks should not have people with perfect photo shoot ready full faces of glam makeup
Literally what the original had though

henry rollins

Is he not in the show at all? Or are they just holding him off?

It would make sense, you would be blind if you were trapped in a doorknob

get a graphically shitty file of the show and you're good to go

I really don't understand.
Can anyone in this thread just tell me...
was it about the bunnies?

retard

The first three episodes I was lost and had no idea wtf was going on. The 4th episode was when I actually started liking it and the humor the show always had happened.

So is this better than season 1 & 2?

Its everything I always wanted on TV, and everything I always wanted on Sup Forums at the same time.
Literally the best thing that could've happened.

10/10 scene

will Wally always be like brando? because its hilarious

>The town of Twin Peaks should not have people with perfect photo shoot ready full faces of glam makeup
What am I reading. Every girl in that show except Nadine and Log Lady look like they're ready for a fashion shoot at any moment.

>The Missing Pieces (optional)
>optional
Whew, those earlier thread had me worried.

the actor didnt want to come back, so he wont be in the show at all

The purple zone in Part 3 reminds me a lot of this room from the end of Inland Empire, that Dern goes through before reaching the long green phantom hallway.

Twin Peaks was a reflection of TV shows at the time, The Return reflects modern shows. Let go

no

Digital is garbage; when shooting digital, you shoot for digital, greenscreens everywhere, etc, wheres with film you shoot lifelike. Lynch is either senile or this project couldn't have been done on film while maintaining budget. Either way, it's disgusting, because just aesthetically, regardless of artistic merit between the old show and the new season, the new season pales. Twin Peaks will never look good again, it's dead.

do you guys like the new opening as much as the first?

Not fucking James you dingus. This guy.

How were you lost? It's been pretty straight forward. Were you too busy shitposting to pay attention?

James isn't retarded user, stop.

I just watched season 3 without having watched anything else in the franchise and I understood probably 90% of it. Show isn't as deep as you guys are saying it is.

Balthazar Getty ages like wine, man. I need to know his secrets.

I've gotta say, and i feel kinda bad, i doubted him. I was wrong. Can't believe he's able to do what the fuck he wants, make his brand of somewhat surreal cinema, with such a great cast, budget, etc. It's able to breathe in a way few series have before. Like a Young Pope, or Fanny and Alexander or something.

NORMIES ARE STILL BTFO

Exactly

All criticism I've seen of the show contradicts itself again and again.
It's too weird, but then it's not weird enough, it's not comfy enough but has too much Cooper doing silly stuff and Twin Peaks police department shenanigans. Make up your mind.

lol

>720p

quads confirm

Does anyone kinda laugh at the fact that Twin Peaks will be dadkino in 20 years time?

yes

Is that guy behind him that fat creep from the original?

Nah. The shot of the falls is great but it's too short and not anywhere near as comfy as the original.

How so

I'm normal and I loved it. Are you implying none of us have seen Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead? We eat that shit up and ask for more.

>laura's fat putrid face again
I hate it. Twin Peaks was never about Laura, so why is she plastered everywhere?

>as you guys are saying

I think you just made that up

That is Jacques Renault's stand, 「Great Whent」

HELLLOOOOOooo~OOOOOOOOOOO

>Aesthetically is not in line with Lynch's work as a whole
Its in the vein of everything he's done since Mulholland Doctor.

what

>Those viewership numbers

Normieposters BTFO

>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.

you are joking right? the whole universe was built around her.

Nah.

They shoulda continued with the feeling of emptiness and shot and empty branch with no bird, a burnt out mill, rusted non-moving saws, etc.

>pretending it matters for non-BD encodes

YOURE GOING BACK TO MISSOULA!

youtu.be/SLry85Twhno?t=214

wow david, wow

The earlier tpg threads said missing pieces was "obligatory" too.

WHERE THE FUCK IS AUDREY

It has something to do with the telling of time.

Same actor as the dead Jacques, but he is credits as "Jean-Michel Renault". Previously unknown fourth brother or something. Maybe Doppelganger fuckery.

MONTANA

>three minute throw up scene

what the fuck

No, she was a vehicle for the initial character motivations and development.

>fat putrid face

go be gay elsewhere, ya homo

Same actor, different character, most likely his brother.

The only good thing about Missing Pieces is David Bowie.

I know I'm a pussy, but Evil Coop unnerves me so damn much. Everything about him just screams WRONG. I know that's the point and all.. but that scene with Daria actually had me freaked out.

I mean I know it's not Coop, but seeing someone in a Coop suit doing that was just to much.

Don't listen to the "you have to watch and read every bit of memorabilia!"fags. Lynch has always made his works watchable standalone.