Belarusian Psycho

Hello, Sup Forums.

I have directed a feature film called "Belarusian Psycho" which tells the story of Dmitry who decides to lose his virginity, and invites three girls to celebrate his 22nd birthday in a countryhouse.

This movie was partially inspired by the story of Elliot Rodger, and won the Best Belarusian Film Award at Minsk International Film Festival.

You can watch the movie here:
vimeo.com/188538351

The movie is in Russian, and the English subtitles are available via the "CC" button.

What do you think about it?

Bump

I'll watch it tomorrow

Which directors are your inspiration?

this is pure kinography

My favourite directors are Joe Swanberg, Kelly Reichardt, Shunji Iwai, Noah Baumbach, Peter Watkins, Sangsoo Hong, Eric Rohmer, Kenneth Lonergan, and Lav Diaz.

The directors that inspired this movie in particular the most are Joe Swanberg, Lav Diaz, Sangsoo Hong, Ti West, and Roman Polanski.

With this comment, I do not intend to sound "clever" and "self-important", I intend to sound "informative" and "sincere".

Thank you.

Wow, you're still spamming this shit here?

Кaciў Яcь кaнюшынy

Interesting fact: the son of the bass guitarist from the original lineup of the band "Pesniary" was present behind the scenes during the filming of this movie.

Bump

I wrote and recorded a song called Belarusian For Rape. It was Harsh noise funk and no one liked it.

Kurwa

Bump

Looks like shit

the first 10 mins are pretty good i will watch the rest later.

>no cyka bylat

shit movie OP

how many quips are there in this movie? this is important

It is fairly funny, the character says David Brent-y cringy quips many times throughout the movie.

Entered thread to ask this but bump anyways, I'll watch later

>Sangsoo Hong
This guy's work ethic blows my mind. Only downside is that his films take a year or more to reach a lot of people. Being in the industry and all have you had a chance to watch any one of his three 2017 films?

I am not really "in the industry".

I haven't seen any of his movies past "Right Now, Wrong Then", which is his best movie by far, in my opinion.

I have seen every movie by Sangsoo Hong before "Right Now, Wrong Then".

Bump

Sup Thor.

Watched your flick a couple months ago.
Decent aesthetics, but the acting left something to be desired.

Thanks, my second feature has better acting, I think.

I remember the trailer for it looked very intriguing.

What's your favorite Swanberg film? Nights and Weekends is one of my favorites but imo he's been on a downward slide ever since. Happy Christmas, Digging for Fire, Easy, and Win it All are practically non-cinema.

"Nights and Weekends" is my favourite too.

I like the movies you listed too, they have characters that feel alive and independent in a post-ironic way, even if his current style is workmanlike and relaxed. I think that he's at a point of a minor creative crisis that's gonna lead to another reboot of his career (much like he was after "Alexander the Last").

"Easy" is actually pretty ambitious though. Swanberg has said that he'd like to make another 15 seasons and revisit the same characters over the years, similar to the Up series.

Joe Swanberg's last great movie was "Marriage Material".

Bump