DC Rebirth Preview(New Pages)

DC posted even more preview pages so I'm just going to story time all of them in order(at least the best order I can)

the big Joker reveal

>Robinson Joker
>Bolland Joker
>Snyder Joker

CONFIRMED

ayy I kind of like this actually because it means you can write old-school og joker, 1988-2011ish joker and snyder joker. it's very versatile for a writer

Based story>continuity.

>DC can released almost a full comic's worth of preview pages because the story is 4 comics long

it's kind of fun

I love those small Editor's Notes that tell you where stories fit in continuity, or tell you why someone is suddenly acting strangely.

>My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive.

It's like a trigger phrase, I'm cumming

It's like poetry.

It rhymes.

>this situation has literally never happened before
>it happens now that we find out about three jokers
Hack writing or hack writing?

>bats can see as well as us, sometimes better
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

Skipping a few pages that haven't been released yet, though knowing DC they will probably post them in a few hours..

theory:
robinson joker is the original joker, and after his accident he pulled a batman beyond that allowed him to imprint the joker on to two other people, so that they are both different and simultaneously the same person, and therefore can function independently of each other

What's the difference between First Appearance Joker, Torture and Shoot Joker and Horror Movie Joker? They're all the same

It's good to see Ryan back, maybe he can punch Deathstroke in the dick for payback before the reboot.

I think there is also a page between and

Bruce rotten tomatoes everywhere

It'll be fun to see what page order this comic actually is at midnight, anyone else staying up for this to hit comixology?

He already gave him baby hands in convergence

So which Fate is this one?

One wants to kill Batman, second want to be killed by Batman, third want to be raped by Batman.

Will they hold it until midnight PST like always or will it go up at midnight EST for the special launch time?

Kent Nelson is showing up Main Earth Khalid's book to be his mentor.

He's Khalid's great uncle

I imagine the original, as he showed up recently in Khalid's series and rebirth brings the pre-Flashpoint JSA back.

the one that is worse than death

That's actually pretty accurate

>all of sudden, space alien Hawkman remembers he's pharaoh with power of reincarnation
Hawksnarl v2.0

I am. Preordered it too

CBR is a bitch with the way they host images, didn't mean to post ,

>read superman and justice league first

beyond_mad.jpeg

And Hawkgirl is still on Earth 2.

I finally get why this seems so good to me. It's making everything in the dc universe connected again. The thing I never liked about marvel was while they teamed up and interacted with each other, nobody ever felt connected. like it felt like characters existed in different worlds all the time, and that was also a problem of new 52. This is bringing back those same connections like blue beetle and dr. fate interacting or wally teaming up with bruce and so on and so on. Every book hopefully will feel like its part of a cohesive universe now

midnight pst sadly

Probably not, I have work early in the morning, I'm going to swing by my LCS after I get off.

My "favorite" part of New 52. Fucking idiots.

after would be obviously, I'm guessing after this page since it's about love will be where we see Linda..

this page probably happens after the batcave scene..or not.. no clue

Barry finally remembers, it's like a scene from lost season 6

I think this is close to the end of the issue and probably before the final Batcave scene

In hindsight I wish darkseid war had been better. bits and pieces of it were fantastic but the good majority of it was eh/bad. Like, I liked the small moments, like mister miracle and barda or ultraman being a goofy crack addict. those were few and far between

Making it a war to begin with was probably the biggest problem. If it was just a "JL gets New God powers" arc with the CSA attacking it might have been fine. Grail, Darkseid, A-M were all unnecessary.

>gimme a hug, man

I mean I feel like they could've just made it a darkseid and grail story, and then another arc with anti-monitor and the csa after it

and here is a page that leaked...batman holding some garbage

Based 3x3

>dc rebirth
>johns talking about adding not subtracting
>still no Questions book with vic sage and renee montoya teaming up
i'm mad

Spoken as someone who has actually enjoyed most of the story (It has actually received praise in several comic book related pages), I think that after the first act they misused the anti Monitor pretty badly. It was almost pointless to have him.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't see Aquaman fighting parademons underwater, Hal sacrificing himself, Lex's "WHERE ARE YOU, SUPERMAN!", Billy saying to Vic to say SHAZAM.
And that's why I'm salty. Iirc, that's Divergence issue?

> Look mommy i'm a Alan Moore!

like they teased him at the end of forever evil and johns was hyping him up and then boom, killed by fucking grail/steve trevor

the spoiler i'm most disappointed about is superwoman's son not being alexander luthor jr, which could have gotten us superboy prime again. also apparently the CSA being entirely dead kinda sucks now. I liked them

I still don't get Bat's expression. Is he happy?

last but not least, the other page that was leaked, but we don't have a full version. I think this is the final page, or maybe not because the last page is suppose to be the Doctor Manhattan reveal?

Looks more shocked/curious to me.

so counting all of it, we've seen 20 pages of at least 70(though may be less with ads?) That's not too bad.

I think it's probably just an ad at the end telling people to buy shit

I fucking love visual gags like this.

80 pages, no ads.

muh OTP.

Suposedly it is 66 pages of story.

>not 52
Gay

Wasn't Kent V. Nelson the grandnephew of Kent Nelson?

This is pretty cool. Zooms in, compared to Watchmen zooming out. ()

Too bad everything that happened in Convergence won't be counted as part of the canon, as Wally clearly doesn't remember it.

Good riddance tbqh

...there's something up with that family

>14 pages of advertisements
This is why I'm not adding any of this shit to my pull list. I'll trade wait if anything turns out to be good

everybody's listed the big spoilers but I bet there's small stuff in the remaining pages we don't know about that's hype worthy

Pre-Flashpoint Supes clearly remembers it, so Convergance Wally can be handwaved away as a different version from the main Wally.

There's stuff that probably only specific fans of a franchise will recognize. Like the LoSH member apparently being Saturn Girl.

Fates are always tied with hilariously bullshit family legacies it seems. Don't forget Hector Hall was part of the Hawksnarl.

can't wait to sit down with this and over analyze each page.

also, can we get some rebirth storytimes going? one for gl rebirth and one for flash rebirth.

I wish i could now but sadly going to work

>MFW I get this in a few more hours
HAHA SUCKS TO BE BEHIND THE TIMESCALE

It's even more awesome when you think that it costs the equivalent of one comic that features a D-Lister.

Yeah DC publishing this as an 80-page giant comic isn't really a surprise.

Selling 80 pages for 3 bucks though? That's incredible.

Eh, there are two Crime Syndicates. Qward's Earth has 'em too.

Blaqualad?

Is this for real? Does grail end up basically becoming darkseid? I figured that would happen. My money is also on Myrna black trying to stop grail after she realizes grail goes too far and grail kills her.

It was either 66 or 71. Maybe it is 66 including splash pages?

So blaqualad is Kanye West now?

From what I understand from the spoilers

Superwoman's son is actually the reincarnated Darkseid and Grail will end up taking care of him

It doesn't make much sense but I guess we have to wait for the actual issue.

he was always Bi, they never got to show it since it wasn't really important to the narrative in the show and they never got to have him much in the comics.

Well I actually went and did the math and the rebirth special still has less percentage of ads than a normal "32 page" comic. Most so-called 32 page comics have only 22 story pages so 10/32 (almost a third) are ads but 14/80 is a little under 20%

Wait, so this is the three Joker thing they are talking about?

Isn't it obviously just Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis and Nu52 Jokers? Just a multiverse thing, right?

Lol okay. Oh Geoff... In any case that's decent. Based on the way DS War been going I thought we hadn't quite reached bottom yet.

Thanks!

Thats kinda similar to Prodigy, hopefully it will be handled with care

>WW's eyes

GOOD GOD

I'm behind on Doctor Fate, though glad it's going to 18 issues, but I'm willing to bet Khalid and Kent will both be Fate to some capacity, with Khalid being a part of the eventual JSA book.

Are they going to post the 80 pages before it is out ?

Scanbro probably would've already posted it if he was going to.

I bet you as soon as someone gets a copy from the midnight release, we'll see it here though.

>I need to find out what that really means.

I'm really curious as to where the fuck this is going. It's clear from this that it's not as cut and dry as three Joker's.

I can't see this being something they did just for the hell of it. There has to be some kind of longer plot idea tied to it right?

>TFW I have to go to work at 4 am tomorrow

I'm going to miss all the fun I guess. Hopefully Sup Forums will still be a warzone when I get home and read it.