Harry Potter thread

If Hogwarts is the only wizarding school in Britain, and there are only 4 Quidditch teams in the school of about 8 players each, and only a couple of them go on each year to be professional players, how is it that there's a professional British Quidditch league, with multiple teams, at all?

Yes, of all the things that don't make sense in HP you picked this one, as if it sticks out paticularly. Don't start questioning Harry Potter, you will never get done and you'll realize just how badly written and full of plot holes it is.

Do Wizards go to college or trade school to learn practical shit? How do wizards know how to prepare tax returns? Or run a business? Or fix things that magic can't fix? The Harry Potter universe is complete bullshit.

What is this facial expression meant to convey?

It's like soccer academies in Europe probably. Players can choose to go to school but the best ones generally go straight to playing for a team that probably provides an education for them. Krum is one of a few exceptions, but his playing the WC wasn't against the rules because he was playing for the national team.

Where are spanish, italians, dutch, germans, czech, etc studying magic?
there was no exchange students at hogwart

Magic can fix anything

Goblins probably do all the business shit in the Harry Potter universe. They're the main facilitators of trade.

CALL ME CRAZY BUT IT'S POSSIBLE THAT JK ROWLING MADE IT ALL UP

breaking news: jk rowling is a hack

Ok, I gave shitty examples, but my point still stands. Does everyone just get on the job training or is there later advanced education? Are there any qualifications to being a professor, because it doesn't seem like it.

Why couldnt that hack Rowling put Harry Potter in a fictional world set on a fictional continent and the main culture of where Harry lives is based on the British culture?

Mediocre movies based on mediocre books for mildly retarded children

How do wizards even maintain an economy if you can literally create gold out of thin air?

Why was Hogwarts so dirty despite having magic I dont have to explain shit?

Are there still muggles and other non-magical shit in your hypothetical scenario?

Because then it'd be full fantasy instead of "our world, but with some magic," and no one would have read it.

>How does the world economy work if people can just get a bunch of paper and make money out of it?

How was Hogwarts dirty? They had slave elves to make sure it wasn't dirty.

I don't think they can. And yet:
> get muggle money
> convert it to gold galleons at gringotts
> melt the galleons down
> sell for a higher value of muggle money
> repeat
If anyone figured this out, they'd be rich.

When I read Harry Crapper as a kid I didnt even took place in boring Britain I thought Hogwarts was in another dimension.
Now now user I know the jewish masters of our banks can create money out of thin air, but this is like every human being able to make money out of thin air.

>Considering the concept of organised sport in a franchise so sparse in actual depth.

Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains is indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Took you long enough.

It's actually a deeply symbolic representation of Watsons attempts, to no avail sadly, to escape one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I dont mean to get autistic but Harry Shitter has the worse magic system I have ever seen its literally just LOL I SPOKE WORDS NOW SHIT HAPPENS.

There is no sequence of formula to it at all just dreadful.

Never really understood Quidditch logic, if the opposing team scores 20 points with a quaffle (200 points) and your team catches the snitch (150 points) does that mean the opposing team wins? Or do they lose simply because you caught the snitch? (Oliver Wood: If you catch the snitch, the game is over and your team wins) In which case what the fuck are the points for?

Sounds like you are an expert in the observable phenomena that is magic.

This literally happens in the series. Yes, score determines the winner no matter who catches the snitch.

You're a nigger, They can do magic without words and wands they need them to concentrate it.

There is no logic, rhyme or reason to harry potters world. As a woman, jk lacked the talent and ambition to strive for more.

In our world we have methods of seeing if money is counterfeit or not, and the methods of making legitimate currency aren't widely known. Wouldn't it be fair to assume as much for the Harry Potter universe too?

Actually if you think about it it's more like you can't even fathom how much of the deep imagery of the movie even has to correlate to what the surface details and the way it works with the character archetypes presented in each movie every time we get an interesting motif the characters are then flipped on their side to what we hacpev come accustomed to in the genre of film each movie represents is a unique underlying theme that manifests itself in every antogaonist as a physical manifestation not the philosophical nuances given to line of dialogue the characters portray as each character arc fulfills itself.

The snitch ends the game, nothing else ends the game, if one team has 500 points and the other 0 and team 0 catch the snitch they lose but the game ends, Oliver is a 15 year old explaining to an 11 year old how the game works and the team that catches the snitch usually wins anyways. the only time the other team loses is when Krums team are sucking cock and he puts them out of their misery by catching the snitch

But what about wizard sociopaths who figure out how to magic the forgery checks away?

Is there any book that tells more about how Hogwarts run?

They talked about something similar in the first book when it looked like they magic'd up a banquet; they said it wasn't made by magic but elf slaves and they just use magic to teleport it. The same excuse is probably used for all important things

I Actually if you think about it it's more like you can't even fathom how much of the deep imagery of the movie even has to correlate to what the surface details and the way it works with the character archetypes presented in each movie every time we get an interesting motif the characters are then flipped on their side to what we hacpev come accustomed to in the genre of film each movie represents is a unique underlying theme that manifests itself in every antogaonist as a physical manifestation not the philosophical nuances given to line of dialogue the characters portray as each character arc fulfills itself

That's some real lazy writing when you think about it. I guess shit with magic usually is.

Never seen this pasta before.

R U HAROLD BLOOM??

They say repeatedly that it's the best school. I don't remember them saying once it was the only school

Que?

There is one player on each team dedicated to catching the snatch. The game otherwise continues as normal

>Krums team are sucking cock and he puts them out of their misery by catching the snitch
can you imagine being his teammate after this though

the last three movies were good

the last two books were readable

aside from that it's crap

Honestly I'd probably hate him but be relieved at the same

wasn't Ron a supporter of his team?
>go to the Quiddich World Cup to see your idol
>Idol fucks game up and causes the team to lose
>go back to school
>idol is there even though he looks 35
>literally cucks Ron
>Harry and Hermione hang out without Ron more often
>have to deal with this for an entire year
>doesn't even have pet rat to keep him company because it turned out Ron had been cuddling with a creepy weirdo pretending to be a rat for the past 13 years

and to top it all off Voldemort was back by the end of the year

being 14 year old Ron is suffering

Ron was a Krum fanboy but wanted Ireland to win IIRC

He did get cucked tho

>Grow up in a house out of a Dr Suess book with 8 other siblings
>Sister is a borderline school shooter in Book 2
>Rat turns out to be a murderer in disguise in Book 3
>cucked by some Russian in Book 4
>Literally no role in Book 5
>Get poisoned and have a psycho gf in Book 6, best friend fucks sister
>gets a kiss from Hermione in Book 7 when they had just spent a year out in the wild and they could have been fucking that entire time

what have I become
my sweetest friend

Why do wizards have to hide from muggles? They're fucking wizards

>literally no role in Book 5

kek you're right, that book is so fucking long and outside of Harry none of the main characters has anything interesting to do

>Continentals
>Being able to do magic

>go to American Hogwarts
>get shot

>gets a kiss from Hermione in Book 7 when they had just spent a year out in the wild and they could have been fucking that entire time

they get married, so in the end it's not that bad.

>superior YA wizard kino will never have a film adaption