Geoff Johns offers to buy back Rebirth #1 if fans aren't satisfied

comicbookresources.com/article/geoff-johns-offers-to-buy-back-dc-universe-rebirth-1-if-fans-arent-satisfied

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

Interesting...

Why is he so perfect?

Actually Bendis offered to do the same thing for Disassembled (except a lot of people hated it and wanted their money back and he reneged until Rich blackmailed him to get his friends' money back).

I really dont see the fit. People are saying it ruins Watchmen but it has literally nothing to do with Watchmen. They are just using Manhattan as a scapegoat. It doesnt affect Watchmen as a story at all.

It gives continuation to Watchmen, specially because it's obvious this will culminate in a big story against Manhattan

>continuation to Watchmen
it could be like Thy Kingdom Come and take place in the middle of it

>it's obvious this will culminate in a big story against Manhattan
How is it obvious? Manhattan could fuck off at the end for all we know.

I think Rich only did it for one guy (a friend of KBox who went thermonuclear online over AD)

>KBox
now there's a motherfucker I haven't heard about in a long time

Guess I'm buying two, $2.99 for Geoff John's signature's a steal!

>They are just using Manhattan as a scapegoat.

I don't even see how it's meant to paint Manhattan as bad, after the ending of Watchmen Jon dicking around with the fabric creation/multiverse with minimal to non human connection to a point of complete detachment feels entirely in character

Hey, Johns isn't 100% whitebread after all

>not already knowing this

found the cereal lord casual

He looks and acts so whitebread that I was surprised to learn otherwise

Woo, free comic!

Forget Rebirth 'check from Geoff Johns' is the new DC collector's item of the year!

his grandmother was a maronite christian. plus there are a lot of muslims in michigan too so that sort of identity helps.

>Not knowing Johns is Lebanese

It makes the criticism of Baz even funnier because everyone assumed that he was a black man in a ski mask and that Johns was a racist.

Wait, I haven't been keeping up. This has something to do with Watchmen? Did Manhattan reset the universe?

I'm not going to buy it in the first place

He's definitely pretty forward in letting everyone know he is Lebanese. Had you not heard of him before?

Im Lebanese I'm still white.

>People are saying it ruins Watchmen but it has literally nothing to do with Watchmen

Other than, you know, using Watchmen characters.

like it matters around here

the vast majority of Sup Forums doesn't buy let alone read comics

FYI, you can't get a refund for skimming the wikipedia article Sup Forums

Character*. 1 Character as a scapegoat that in no way shape or form affects Watchmen as a work.

Yeah its pretty funny in the thread ppl were bitching about I posted a physical copy of mine and asked the ppl bitching to show me theirs and only 1 other guy owned it.

Stories are always affected by the context around them. Dark Souls 1's story was made worse and weaker by the existence of Dark Souls 3, whose story implies that events similar to the first game have happened an infinite number of times, robbing them of their gravitas. Watchmen was a closed universe of its own for thirty-odd years. Turning Dr. Manhattan into just another character in the larger DC universe dilutes the original story.

RESET THE COUNTER

Kek you are autistic as fuck and clearly from Sup Forums. Look Sup Forumstard Moore WANTED to originally use DC characters but they told him no. It was published under DC comics you stupid fuck they are DC characters and already exist in DC in the Multiverse. If your autism can't handle that that is on you. It in no way "takes away" from anything. No go tell your mom you got bullied on the internet for being so dumb again and ask her why she fucked her brother and gave birth to you.

I only wonder how this affects Earth-4, unless the greater implication is that Dr. Manhattan managed to tap into past the Source Wall and integrate himself with The Source itself.

That's the point retard. Watchmen has been put on a pedestal since it released and has become a bottleneck for creativity.

holy shit Disney is having a meltdown

>Geoff being better than bendis again

I would buy a case of them and force Cereal dicker to buy them if I wouldn't be giving Damage Control Comics sales figures.

The outhousers, bleeding cool, and TCJ are going all out in their attacks on DC

Source?

Just look at today's blog post on TCJ it has a link to a new abhay kholsa article

it just THAT'LL SHOW DIDIO , JOHNS, AND LEE

Is the rebirth title that's coming out tomorrow the same as the jl 50 of the darkseid wars?

He owns a comic book shop anyways. So he'd just sell back the used copies.

I was thinking the exact same thing, it's a cheap autograph

I'll return it, alright, but not because of Watchbabies, because it's not muh Superman without underwear on the outside.

I plan to frame mine.
I like to think about a 85 year old Geoff Johns keeping money in a checking account, worried because of something he said on Twitter, mid 2016.