So why did people hate book 4 of Legend of Korra again?

So why did people hate book 4 of Legend of Korra again?

People hate book 4? It's the second best season.

Because it started off extremely strong then fell apart shortly after. The final episode is just icing on the cake of how shitty it was.

>kuvira not having a back story episode to make the viewers feel bad for her
>literally blurts out her backstory in one minute
>even though there were clue to korrasami it was forced as fuck
>team avatar being useless for the whole season until the last episode
>where's naga
On top of that it took korra way too long to recover and she never won a single match in season 4.

That being said, I miss the Lok and there will never be another avatar show again

>LESBIANS
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's wrong though
S3>S1>S4>S2

Because Korra didn't wind up with Mako.

Fuck the haters, book 3 and 4 were great. And Kuvira vs Suyin is the best duel in the series, not counting Avatar State stuff.

But basically, all the hate reduces mainly to this

So why did people hate the movie again?

giant robot was some shark jumping
the ending was lack luster. especially compared to the original
Korra continued to be useless
season 3 was way better

all that being said i think hate is a strong word

people hated book 2

>Korra still doing the same dumb shit
>tryhard 'concentration camp' excuse to make Kuvira unarguably evil
>giant mecha out of nowhere
>Kuvira not only going inside RC for no reason, but also attacking it at melee range instead of shooting it at kilometers of distance
>Kuvira giving up after 4 lines of dialogue
>lesbians

this whole show was retarded

only idiots on Sup Forums that want to blame korra for everything bad that happens in the show on her and stupid self incerts like this

none of my points specifically said Korra is responsible for everything, or anything at all.

The 'dumb shit' im mentioning is: not telling anyone where she is, fighting Kuvira "because people told her to fight", and actually trying to convince her with "daddy issues" argument.

she didnt have daddy issues both her parents abandoned her try watching the show idiot

Not having a daddy is also called "daddy issues"; it's the lack of affection in this case. Falling for that argument is just bad, and right now you're discussing technicality, and not the issue itself.

If you want to defend the show, you're doing a very bad job.

Fag pandering.

you sound so fucking stupid go watch something to self insert to

>Mako
Bolin*

Why do they go out of their way to wear metal armor when fighting against other metal benders.

sure, user.

Fun fact: Korra stopped being good around the end of the first book.

What is even your argument?

>Korra
Give me ATLA or give me DEATH

all this mad

i believe his original argument was that "only people that think Korra did everything wrong hate book 4"

but he is clearly baiting.

I hated it because the last scene was just such obvious hamfisted blatant pandering you should be insulted they're using LGBT issues to distract from how awful the whole show was but it fucking worked and now all you fucking hear about is korrasami and muh first lesbian couple in a kid's cartoon bullshit, 'it's an LGBHT victory!' and 'hurrdurr they hinted it all along!' It's disgusting how easily manipulated people are. what a joke.

>It took nine episodes for Korra to get cured of her ptsd
>no one besides Korra, Bolin and the Beifongs did anything relevant
>villain gets talked into stop being Hitler because daddy issues
>clip show
>asspulled lesbians

the clip show wasn't their fault.

also if you ever bring up any issues about it now, people just go "you just hate it because you're a bigot." i just....have you even been watching the same show...what is wrong with you?!..why are you defending this?!

They tried to paint Kuriva as the villain but they couldn't refute her points so they had her act uncharacteristically evil by having her try and kill civilians. Korra was still acting annoying and useless. They continued to introduce and use side characters even though they barely fleshed out the ones they already had. The lesbian ending was forced and out of no where between two characters that barely had any interaction or chemistry together.

Season 1 is the second best season? Jesus Christ is the rest that horrible?

I've stopped after that shitfest of bad writing that s1 was.

>Season 1
>All about relationshit drama
>good
S3>S4>S2>S1
One only had one good thing, the villain, and even so he wasn't a big deal.

Kuvira did not wrong besides being mostly a dictator, she was fixing shit!!!

The action sequences of korra were normally good. There were other factors about the show that made it annoying.

Season 2 is considerably better, i stopped watching after the first season too because it was horrible, but it's worth watching the season to see Korra grow up a little and for Avatar Wan.

First and third are best. Second is the worst. Fourth is okay.

How is first good?
It's nothing but makorra drama, ugh.

Hey

It was boring.

First six episodes were pretty fucking good.

>Season 2 is considerably better

There is nothing inherently wrong with not being a democratic government. There are good kings and bad presidents.

The EK was indeed on a best situation than the chaos that was going. Everything Kuvira did until the 'concentration camp' shit was reasonable; Zaofu basically wanted to be independent and create it's own country, it was her job to stop it. And RC was basically stolen from the EK.

It's not often that I can't suspend my disbelief but this was one of those moments. Having slow, cumbersome mech suits that fit the early 20th century aesthetic was one thing, having a full blown laser cannon-wielding mecha taller than most of the buildings in the city was too much. It doesn't even look like it's from the same show.

Yeah, makes sense.

It was very much their fault. Nick stopped giving them money because they made such a godawful show people stopped giving a fuck about it. It's fucking Avatar, the fan base was there, but Bryke fucked it all up. The fact that it took until season 4 for the budget to drop is nothing short of mind-boggling, since the ratings fell off a cliff after season 2.

I'd rank Season 1 second if it hadn't started the relationship drama and wrapped up the conflict with Korra losing her powers so quickly.

It's not their fault that the network kept changing the episode quota on them. They were doing that since season one.

They should have referenced metal-benders being bad at regular earth-bending, or maybe even forgetting how to do it entirely.

Wan double episode>>>>>>>season3>>>anything really>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of season 2

It had higher highs though lower lows.

Unless you are an autist that hates the Wan episodes just because you think they are retcons.

>it had 2 really good episodes and that excuses the rest of t being absolute shit somehow

Because I hate all of Korra, being that it is complete trash

Kuvira was boring (unlike the other villains who started off extremely strong and only went Scooby-Doo at the end, she started off boring and continued being boring), Korra did a 180 and went back to her whiny S1 self, the Metal Bending family continued being as annoying as they were uninspired, the entire team was separated and doing a bunch non-concurrent nonsense. It wasn't as bad as Season 2, but it was definitely more forgettable. Sure the choreography was neat, but they certainly used it to pad out the sparse narrative that was already more than short enough, having been started small and been cut of an episode because of the budget.

The atmosphere it set up was great.

Why the fuck did Toph get to have more screentime and fanwankery than all other gaang members combined?

I have a huge earth bending boner so I enjoyed it for the most part but there were things that bugged me way too much.

>Villain starts off as someone you could actually argue is in the right, just turns into Earth Hitler for no reason, even willing to kill her husband
>Korra unlikable
>That dumb lesbian ending out of nowhere to stay relevant after being pulled off TV

So season atleast had a good looking villain. That's more than season 4 had.

They knew they were getting cut going into season 4 though, so they could have planned around it.

Korras ptsd arc started strong, but ended horribly. Some of it was seemingly cut out during the season (nega-korra). Zaheer could have been awesome but was amazingly dissapointing. And finally Korra had nothing in common with Kuvira to base that conversation on, so it also falls flat.

Kuvira was probably the most dissapointing villain, that never convinced me she was a problem. Korra could literally at any point turn on the Avatar state and crush her, ending the problem. But not only that, she was also turned into the same type of villain as all the others eventually were, and she gave up in the most forced conversation imaginable.

The jump in technology was stupid. We went from some sort of semi realistic mecha/airplanes/cars, to flying hummingbird mechs that fly for no known reason. Power Armours that make bending pointless. And a building sized mech with a lazer that doesn't fit into the world either.

The whole Beifong family drama was unneeded and added very little to the overall story. It even managed to make people hate Su Yin and Opal, by showing how they acted around other people with differing opinions. Wu was also insufferable and served no purpose in the story, which in turn also made Mako useless. Asami was just there to re-introduce her father so he could die the most predictably "redeeming" way possible.

Oh yeah, and the OOC lesbian moment, which has taken over the show and fandom. It is impossible to discuss or talk about LoK without it coming up and shippers will defend it endlessly despite there being nothing to it. It's become Zutara 2.0: Now with Brykes approval.

>That being said, I miss the Lok and there will never be another avatar show again

i'm sure there will be a nostalgia reboot in a few decades when the kids who grew up with The Last Airbender show have kids of their own and start reminiscing about the shows of their own childhood

>KUVIRA DID NOTHING WRONG!!!

Kuvira waifufags are the worst.

Her "turning evil" didn't come out of nowhere if you just watched the show instead of shitposting about how great she is.. Almost every scene she's in ends with her smirking evilly with ominous mustache twirling music.

The Wan episodes where great, but really they highlight what LoK should have been and it cant save the rest of the season

Because Iroh's voice actor is dead, they dont know what to do with Zuko, Katara fillls the elderly teacher role, and if they brought back Sokka he would overshadow the whole cast as wall as highlight how poorly Bolin does as the "funny guy" and Asami as the one with no bending.

Honeslty the overall lack of Gaang shinanigns was disappointing, and we get like one flashback of them working together. Wasted potential. They knew Korra didnt have the same pull as Last Airbender

Yeah, but we still get retards chimping out over how they ruined their childhood because of the animal stuff even when they have show Wan learning how to properly firebend by watching a fucking dragon.

they could have brought back a reformed Azula. thought could have been interesting if they had writers capable of doing something with it

I kept hoping that Zuko and Katara would share a scene since the moment he was revealed to be alive early in book 1.

I know that doing too much references to the old show prevents LoK from becoming its own thing but man either give equal fanwanking to all the old guys or don't do it at all. Toph didn't have to hog an entire season for herself and her family's drama while Sokka remained a corpse and Zuko didn't get to anything except job.

>It even managed to make people hate Su Yin

Su Yin was (rightfully) given shit since her backstory got revealed. All book 4 did was add more fuel.

It sucks and the protag is a brown female

Because hair down Kuvira was godess waifu tier and hair up Kuvira was sorta a cunt.

>because of the animal stuff
-Wan is a massive hypocrite from the start, willing to let his home village starve and lead hunters to death just because moments before he looked into his prey's eyes. The hunters were going to eat the deer the very same way Wan was but suddenly Wan decides it's not right for them to want to feed their families
-While not ultimately destructive retcons, the changes made to the origins of bending raise more questions than they answered and change previously established lore regarding the Moon
-changing the Avatar from the physical incarnation of the world's spirit and the bridge between spiritual and physical into a parasitic host of the literal spirit of balance and light, and the Avatar's purpose from a vague, altruistic "maintain world balance" into a scheduled fight against Satan and a reincarnation-solution to selfishly fix their old mistakes
-Raava and Vaatu completely westernize the concept of yin and yang with bluntforce adaptation while Tui and La were a much more traditional take that didn't require fucking Satan
-Satan is a kite stuck in a fucking tree that can somehow hold Satan because the portals are closed
-the entire season misses the original mystique of the spirits being different, territorial and domain-driven by turning them into emotionally-absorbent Miyazakimons
-Raava can apparently hold the other elements but not use them, despite there being waterbending spirits (Tui and La, The Painted Lady), and the spirit fusion has no physical effect on Wan aside from glowy eyes (and later, tattoos) despite that spirit fusion was shown to be mutilatory and permanently altering
-the Avatar union is completely out of left field and unexplained, just like the deus ex machina at the end
-Wan's "best spirit friend" is never named onscreen to establish his friendship with the spirits (very minor but easily fixable thing)
-artstyle, while bending is beautiful, is completely separated from the bgs, destroying immersion

Clip Show of Korra's past, instead of building up Kuvira's past and character.

All we know about Kuvira is that she was pissed that suyin wouldn't help Ba Sing Sae and the Earth Kingdom. So she takes off with most of the guards, the elder Baefong son, and an airship. After quelling the uprising. She is hired by the Republic to restore order all over the Earth Kingdom. Then somehow "Metal Fuhrer", by the start of Book 4.

The quelled the chaos in Ba Sing Se, then went from there. The URN/Raiko never hired them, Raiko only went to Suyin because he wanted her to do it because otherwise it was the Avatar's job to restore a broken nation.
They never mention the URN financially supporting Kuvira. No one knew what Kuvira was doing except for Opal apparently, who told her family. Raiko, the Fire Nation, and Water Tribes find out eventually and then act surprised when Kuvira doesn't want to play ball.

I can't imagine why Kuvira didn't want to let Raiko create a puppet government in the Earth Kingdom through Wu. I also can't imagine why Raiko was upset at Fire Lord Izumi for not rushing to help them initially in foreign affairs.

>giant robot
>lesbians

So I just finished ATLA and I just watched the first two episodes of Korra and I don't find it very interesting. I liked the world the way it was and seeing grow into what it is now is cool but gives off a pretty weird vibe. I liked the jokes of calling things like turtleduck and turtlelion in ATLA but now it feels a little stretched.

Also, Korra is a piece of shit brat and I don't like her. Does she get better or more interesting rather than being an all-powerful, super frustrated, impulsive jerk?

Because it didn't feel like a closure of the whole series. Every season dealt with different kind of villain and storyline, but it barely build up to something. ATLA built up to the Aang - firelord confrontation but also develop Aang's character to become more mature. TLOK doesn't have the same feel like the original does, they keep introducing new things but I don't know where they going with the storyline.

The animal thing is a little weird to be put off by.

And we later learn why Korra acts the way she does, she isn't all-powerful, she mellows and asks people permission for things though those are mostly the people around her who shrug and say "yeah I guess."

Problem you will encounter is that she's among most interesting character in the show, so if you don't like her then just stop. Because everyone else is revealed to be a piece of shit.

they werent going anywhere with the storyline. they were just winging it as they went along, with predictable results

>Everything Kuvira did until the 'concentration camp' shit was reasonable
She betrayed her sovereign and broke her word, she was a traitor that deserved to be executed.

The Wan episodes were the only redeeming feature to Season 2

>Unless you are an autist that hates the Wan episodes just because you think they are retcons.
They're huge retcons that tremendously fuck with the lore and make Korra look even dumber.

Right? Now I liked it in the season when they invented a 'lazer' and, while I didn't like the pewpew the whole "IT DID A THING" and the "WHAT IS THAT!?" was awesome. They didn't say "shoot", they didn't say "cannon" because those never have or would have existed and their mere concept unthinkable. It made me smile. If they just lugged it around like a giant engine of war on prebuilt tracks or modified wheels hauled by various beasts of brudens and/or automotives that would have been great. Just a giant catapult.
But why is there a fucking EVA unit shooting a a cannon?

>tl;dr Wan's arc was the Star War's midichlorians of Avatar.

>Giant robot that Toph, who can sense everything to the point of knowing where her children are from across the planet, didn't notice or care to mention was under construction

>Kuvira with shitty rushed backstory

>Trying to make Suyin a protagonist when part of the problem was her refusal to take responsibility for anything.

>Korrasami ending wasn't bad in and of itself, but it was poorly paced, and instead of accepting criticism for that, the creators and half the fanbase use their shitty lesbian ship as a means of deflecting any detractors by calling them misogynists or virgins or whatever.

>Spirits prove they should have never been allowed through the portal

>GIANT PLATINUM ROBOT pt 2:
>Literally could have just bought republic city with that much platinum
>Could have just made smaller spirit cannon tanks
>Could have done literally anything other than a fucking giant platinum robot

>Kuvira wasn't a second Avatar -- not a real complaint, but could have been neat.

>they didn't say "cannon" because those never have or would have existed and their mere concept unthinkable
Fire Nation airships in AtLA.
And one reason they wouldn't have modified wheels which go on ground (earth) is because then you just pick up the cannon and toss it just over that hill over there. And you do this by remembering that the Avatar State can split a continent so Platinumtron shouldn't have been a problem without plot getting in the way.

Now if Korra was actively trying to save Kuvira since the earlier time, then at least it could be argued that she didn't want to crush Kuvira. Which may have been what was happening in the cockpit of the EVA, but given how they handled Korra's fights I just figured she was still struggling for some reason despite controlling her PTSD and removing the poison that the other master metalbenders couldn't find.

>nega korra
IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTCIED THAT
That bitch literally disappeared no sign of her again. Why could the spirit see it when it should have been in korras head?

The episode korra alone should have been later and that nega korra thing should have also been pushed later. It would have been cool to see that all revealed then.

>her sovereign
Who? Suyin was just her boss, you're allowed to quit your job as a security guard then take over a kingdom and rule it with a benevolently iron fist. Everyone else was all on board with it until the camps and shit.

>betrayed her sovereign and broke her word
and in the end it put her nation in a much better position objectively speaking.

Or do you honestly think they would be better off with Wu?