LOS

wtf is this cryptography language

El infierno.

Stany Zjednoczone Ameryki

Det land som är vitare än dig, Mohammed

Cagada aguada

you okay buddy?

amerimuttland

The second coming of the Holy Roman Empire.

merka

ESTADOS

UNIDOS

the states
the u.s.

america is only mentioned in the demonym

Stany Zjednoczone

yeah I always say "the US"

To be honest, I'm not okay.

How can the country that has the slogan "home of the brave, land of the free" JUST KILLED net neutrality when the MAJORITY of your population is against it?

Is everything that the US stand for just a "bad" joke?
Your population is not relevant?
Can someone explain to me why this was approved in such a short time?

Here in Brazil they tried to end Net Neutrality but the user Group sent a msg to Congress and they never touched on the subject again.

I mean, please, EXPLAIN to me how can you be so irrelevant to your leaders?

To me it seems this is a POO IN THE FACE of all the US people, literally. Like they don't care, not even a bit with all of you.

Don't you have shame to live in such a country? Don't you wish to kill yourself to believe in the biggest hypocrisy of the planet?

>How can the country that has the slogan "home of the brave, land of the free" JUST KILLED net neutrality when the MAJORITY of your population is against it?
Because the republicucks on the FCC are paid off by big corporations. Hopefully congress will step in or the lawsuits being formed will work, though it's pretty unlikely.

why do you care so much what happens in my country?

$$$ is the answer to every question, my hue friend, $$$.

Die Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika(the USA) or just 'Die Staaten'(the states).

We also say 'US-American' like the 'US-American' president in a formal context.

Even the jews are against it
youtu.be/5uXsCaakZD8
But I really hope you win this fight, it is not fair with the poor population that can not pay for the extra packages.

I have family there.

PS: I didn't know Ajit Pai was one of the heads of Verizon.

>I have family there.
They have to go back

Loki maħmuġ.

BTW, isn't Brazil corrupt as fuck with your current president?

No, they don't.
Sorry.

Most of my family have triple citizenship.

Nuevo Mexico

If people get riled up enough I'm sure the democrat nominee for 2020 will promise to repeal it

デブ国

No more net neutrality helps small businesses more than it helps big corporations. Not sure where you guys get off on this being about big corporations when groups like Netflix and Facebook were actively protesting against it. All net neutrality means is that ISPs had to be neutral as to what types of traffic they could offer, a.k.a. end to end principles. Basically, an ISP couldn't treat a packet of data any differently than the other in order to deliver it to their customer.

tl;dr the net neutrality laws did nothing but harm small businesses and help big corporations in the long run, and the internet worked just fine without it a few years ago

Only if Bernie wins the election. Democruds are a bunch of corporate shills themselves.

デブデブデブ国

デブ=cool
国=country

>No more net neutrality helps small businesses more than it helps big corporations
Explain this. I keep hearing it.

Yes, Brazil is a corrupt shithole.

But we try to make it fair with poor people, and when the leaders cross lines that they shoudn't then you can be certain they will be a star in some gore website. Its not like they can run forever from the population, many of those corrupt politicians can not walk on the streets here. They can only use private airplanes because the population usually throws them out of EVERY plane.

Some people are planning in to going for "public square beheadings" and I don't blame them. Brazil is in the worst crisis of its history, but we are better now than we were with the previous president from the PT party.

PT party stole something like 50 trillions dollars from Brazil, that is why we are in deep shit right now. They made a plane crash with Senators and Congressman that were against them, there is just too much shit to list the details here.

I'm cheering for you guys, don't let them run over you. Your country is YOUR's not some retard politician that want to have fat pockets. Make sure they understand that, they can't run from the whole population. You guys have to organize yourselves and make sure to push against everything that you don't agree with.

negroland

>Basically, an ISP couldn't treat a packet of data any differently than the other in order to deliver it to their customer.
And you think this is an issue? ISP's can now make you your bitch, and they're most definitely going to now. Why else would they lobby this so hard?

Russian for empire of evil

nice try tanaka

>No more net neutrality helps small businesses more than it helps big corporations

Not even in the slightest. Handing even more power over to powerful and entrenched oligopolists makes it even harder for any new and small business to compete and rise. Google and facebook did just that. They started as innovative start-ups in an environment that allowed their rise. Now, the big telcom companies will just push for their own crappy services and throttle any form of rising competition into submission.

Bernie will be 80 in 2020. It's probably too late for him unfortunately.

Bernie will never win. His fiscal policies are detrimental to the economy. Even if by some chance he managed to win, how are we going to afford all the socialized policies other than cranking up income tax rates in an unconstitutional manner?

Let's say you're a farmer and you have the chance to offer a much higher quality of crop. Shouldn't you be able to pay more for it? Regulating ISPs by nature makes them more restrictive in what they can offer and less innovative for the market.

What stopped them from doing it before NN was in place? Why would they fuck over the customers that keep them in business? They wouldn't. I have a local ISP and they did just fine before NN was made a law. It's a regulation that doesn't hurt the very biggest corporations, but makes it more difficult for smaller, localized ISPs to have a more profitable business.

la casa de las criaturas

>Handing even more power over to powerful and entrenched oligopolists makes it even harder for any new and small business to compete and rise

Wrong. The big companies are the ones not affected by this, but the smaller ISPs are unable to maximize profit and offer quicker load times for higher prices. If you have the option to pay more for a better service, it's going to get you a better service overall. If you take that option away, you're stomping small businesses out and paving the way for giant corps to fuck all the little guys in the ass.

Regulation doesn't work.

>Here in Brazil they tried to end Net Neutrality but the user Group sent a msg to Congress and they never touched on the subject again.
what was the message?

>Only if Bernie wins the election.
DUDE

>What stopped them from doing it before NN was in place?

Are you fucking serious or just trolling? I can't tell sorry. They tried it on numerous occasions while NN was still in place.

In foreign countries where NN doesn't exist ISP are known for outright banning IM and VoIP services because these services are in direct competition.

If it wasn't for NN we would still send SMS to each other, lol.

>offer and less innovative for the market.
Again, 30% of all Americans only have one ISP in their county. In an environment like this where big oligopolists exist you have downright market failure and these analogies just don't work like this.

Again, why would the corporations lobby this? I sincerely doubt it's out of the good of their hearts

helvetti

>Wrong. The big companies are the ones not affected by this, but the smaller ISPs are unable to maximize profit and offer quicker load times for higher prices.

Please explain to me, how you are improving the situation for smaller situation ISPs when it was the big ones who lobbies for this and who are most likely to benefit from it? I don't really see it? You are hating on Google and facebook but these are companies that were founded almost out of nothing but a smart vision and skill with little to no prior existing infrastructure and now you guys implemented legislation that will make these things harder for future companies. Don't you see how this will stifle American innovation?

Sounds like you're thinking of a hypothetical world were everyone's best interest is the benefit of everyone else which is obviously not the case.

New Mexico

The msg was something like "if you ever touch on this subject again we will expose you all, hack you all, screw your lives and more..." I don't remember exactly but I bet you can find it on Youtube or on the dark net, not sure if it will be translated.

Still, some information came out just to prove they were serious and they exposed several politicians that were deeply connected with organized crime (crime factions and shit)...

If the population is not organized and everyone hates each other it makes far easier for them to control you.

True, the end of NN will only favour those that have connections with the most powerful and those are the big corporations. Oligarchies will rule everything in the US very very shortly.

The poor population will be slaughtered, the middle class will become poor and the rich will become the middle class.
(here in Brazil the government of PT lowered the standards of what is considered poor from 2 meals a day for a meal a week)

The only way to stop it is to organize your population and make guerrilla wars like FARCS have done in Colombia/Bolivia for years. The FARCS are actually a nationalist group because the US forbid Colombia/Bolivia from cultivating the Cocaine Plant which was part of their culture for like 3000+ years.

Still, the oligarchies in the US will have MUCH MORE POWER than they have nowadays because they will control everything you can do in the internet. And if they don't agree with something you do they will find an excuse to make sure you learn your lesson.

Republicans were a mistake

Les États-Unis d’Amérique

delet this

>hey guys let's rally for more government control
>by rallying against the government

Lel

Yhdysvallat
United dominions

USA

land of the free and home of the brave

third world shithole

First off nothing has actually happened yet, the FCC just voted that they would like to see things return to pre-2015 standards but it isn't said and done until it's approved by congress.
That said net neutrality as people think of it was never a thing, none of the fears people have regarding the end of NN were actually stopped by the FCC while it was in effect, ISP's did on several occasions conduct extremely shady service restrictions not to mention allowed for the unconstitutional project PRISM to occur under their watch, meanwhile prior to 2015 the relationship between consumers and ISP's was moderated by the FTC to a much better standard which is what we are going back to now.
Nothing is going to happen and even if it does it's not the end of the world or even much of an inconvenience to anybody.
>Corporations
So what about the numerous large corporations in favor of maintaining NN? is that not a cause for alarm to you?
The FCC has no business playing arbiter of the internet these are the same incompetant tools that wanted to ban DSL and sale of consumer VCR's back in the day and the same people who have been enemies of public expression since their formation and you want them running american's access to the internet?

Initial buy in costs for starting an ISP is extremely high under FCC regulations without the FCC running things it is easier for new ISP's to be created.

>ISP's can now make you your bitch
If they tried not only would they be brought up on charges by the FTC like every other time one had tried that but even if that didn't happen it would kill their bottom line because people aren't going to stand for being nickeled and dimed for supar service.
>inb4 some pie in the sky conspiracy theory about every ISP in the country conspiring together to screw over the consumer at the expense of profit
The prophecies of the proNN side while scary are not particularly realistic.

A failure

Britain Jr

aw shucks

Justice

The 48 contiguous states of the USA

america.

everyone knows that if you say america then you mean the states.

somewhere in south america eg colombia would be referred to by name

>tfw you call it america and some fucking smartass starts whining "muh united states"

Ricains
Amerloques
Gros porcs

el Tío Sam

Peendostan

Импepия Злa

Retardation Incarnate

LOWER 48.

Even though Hawaii is kinda of low too Idgi

McBorders(tm)

DE

interesting