China has opened the highest-altitude freeway in the world, in Qinghai province...

China has opened the highest-altitude freeway in the world, in Qinghai province. Among its features is a mountain tunnel at 4,400m/14,436ft and extensive elevated sections to anchor the road below the permafrost line. Why don't other countries have ambitious infrastructure projects like China?

Seasonal thaw is no problem for Chinese roads, which are built with pilings deep into the frozen ground to keep the road stable.

>trusting the chinese with your life

China's freeway system will soon include the tallest highway bridge in the world, surpassing the viaduct in France.

OK thanks for letting us know CCP

Looks really cool; I need some driving footage.
>Why don't other countries have ambitious infrastructure projects like China?
Because they don't have a billion chinks to exploit. We can't even built an airport nowadays.

Sorry, but I'm still more impressed by the Dutch Delta Works.

Why are there still people who claim china is not going to be a global superpower in the near future?

>Why don't other countries have ambitious infrastructure projects like China?
they are not Chinese

It is foolish to compare myself with others. We have to go the way we made it.

looks comfy

China is the future. Am*rica, the past.

Nice psyop, faggot

Why the fuck would it be elevated in the first place?

There is literally nothing special or difficult about roads built at high altitudes. It is meaningless.

*collapses because of shoddy safety measures and no maintenance*

Hope they've got a 50 year plan for upkeep and snowplowing because those things are going to be frozen like a popsicle every day of winter do to wind chill.

>it is meaningless
Not OP but you are ignorant.

t. Jackson Hole

>do
>frozen

Wtf r u writing? Concrete doesn’t freeze, Qinghai is desert tundra, and you need to salt a road either way in the winter.

>The chinese are plowing their way to Tibet
No surprises here.

5 yuan has been deposited to your CCP account.

Humidity condenses on the surface. Wind chill freezes it. What you get is ice even if air temperature isn't under freezing point because the retarded chinks decided to blow hundreds of millions of dollars on elevated roads in the middle of fucking nowhere when with cheap, basic engineering you can have a road that doesn't turn into rubble do to frost heave.

Salting tens of thousands of kilometers of road daily in the middle of nowhere is also retarded.

It's all literally just chinks waving their microdicks and parading around a non-achievement that showcases how ready they are to spend stupid amounts of money for absolutely no reason.

>t. jealous Euro who will never enjoy modern Chinese infrastructures in his country

In China, engineers dominate the terrain in record time. In west, you can't even build due to environmental leftists blocking everything, and titantic labour costs that eat the entire budget.

because it already is

amazing country

Cool

I wish Brazil still had those magnificent China level construction projects, but now it's all over

this
then it'll be half-dismantled and just left there for a few decades.