Why do people call the US Anglo when there's more German-Italian-Polish-Irish influence...

Why do people call the US Anglo when there's more German-Italian-Polish-Irish influence? Hell we have millions of people who speak OTHER European languages, unlike Anglo countries

Other urls found in this thread:

kotchan.org/chat/int#General
names.mongabay.com/most_common_surnames.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anglos run the country currently.

Immigrant out, US was built by anglo genius and black slave labour

moron

1/10

Here's (you)r (you), (you) fucking retard. Sage.

No, German descendants do.

Think about this, there are 50% more German descendants according to the US census than English descendants

And according to the census, there are 70 million people who speak other European languages aside from English. Explain that

>more German-Italian-Polish-Irish influence?
19th century Amerimutts please go.
Appalachians are only real Americans and are of pure English and Ulster-Scots descent.

idiot

That would be the Native American tribes

>he thinks the majority rules his cunt
>meanwhile in reality both europe and america get cucked by Dutch people and corporations

>black slave labour
They didn't even contribute that much. They were pre-industrial farm workers. The Chinese did more, seeing as they built the transcontinental railroad, which gave us a real leg-up in settling the West and becoming a major exporter during the industrial revolution.

>idiot
>literally 20 million more people identify with being German than English

Bewaard/10

At least in Spanish anyone who comes from an English speaking country is an anglo.

it's because anglo describes the countries which we most closely resemble culturally, socially, and (obviously) linguistically - not to mention we all were colonies of britain. not really related to ethnicity

>identify with being German than English
Nobody who is English, Irish, or German-American is only that.
t. English/German/Slovenian

sage

Compare Canadian and American culture. Tell me if they're anything alike. One is completely Anglo and the one is more mixed

Americans aren't fucking anglo

WE

you'd unironically get shot if you waved a Br*tish flag in the USA

That meme is past tense.

>Why do people call the US Anglo when there's more German-Italian-Polish-Irish influence?
Because we speak english?,Because we're a former english colony?, Because our cultural basis and governmental structure come from a english origin?

Well, we're not because we have millions of people who speak other European languages

Oh, we're a constitutional monarchy? We're part of the British Commonwealth?

That's complete bullshit, son.

Island Anglos are mutts anyway. It's not like you being part German or Italian or whatever bars you from Eternal Anglo status.

>we have millions of people who speak other European languages
No language comes anywhere close to English in terms of Americans who speak it as their primary language.
This is a very lazy shitpost thread.

So India and Kenya are Anglo?

>we have millions of people who speak other European languages
>thinking Mexican Spanish is a European language

If their official language is English then yeah.

where the fuck do you think the idea of a representational parliament with common law came from

If that were true why do the overwhelming majority of Americas have anglo surnames?

In the 2000 census, 24.5 million Americans reported English ancestry, 8.7% of the total U.S. population. This estimate is probably a serious undercount by over 30 million given that, in the 1980 census, around 50 million citizens claimed to be of at least partial English ancestry. As many as 80 million Americans may be wholly or partly of English ancestry.

Because they were Anglicized at Ellis Island?

names.mongabay.com/most_common_surnames.htm

Address this post

New England, Utah, Idaho, and white areas of the Southeast are Anglo

Still doesn't change that fact that 30 million anglo americans disappeared from the census, most americans that identify as just "American" on the census are anglo

>New England
>Anglo

Yeah all those Irish and Italian people are super Anglo

The reason why you don't notice the Anglo influence is simply because it's so abundant and ubiquitous. Someone that is so immersed just doesn't comprehend this.

Why do you all sound like shit in other languages than your own though, including the listed ones

German descendants you're talking about are still Anglo

They don't even speak German or have been born in Germany, that's a requirement

Most American are "muh heritage" retards, once they find out they're 1/32th Irish or German or whatever they think that's what they are, despite being 3/4 british in reality

They don't even use British English.
They're just American. Put them next to a Brit or any other nation except for Canada and you'll spot immediately

Put an American and Aussie next to each other and let them speak a couple of words you will immediately be able to point at the American and say: "You come from the US...or Canada".

>Oh, we're a constitutional monarchy? We're part of the British Commonwealth?
I said based on not the same.
the people that drafted the constitution and created our system of government were english immigrants so their worldview came from an english cultural perspective.

>Anglos are an admixture of island Celts and Germanics
>Americans are nothing like them because of all the Germanics and Island Celts

Italians and Poles are Germanics or Island Celts? Learn something new everyday

because our legal system is most similar to the English

Nobody is 100% anything here unless their parents came from there. Our so called italian americans today are about as italian as ragu sauce, i'm one of them.

British make up the most genetic makeup of the US, factor in the Irish and the British Isles outweight the Germans by quite a way.

This. The Amerimutt is true to a big degree. Though English-Americans are under reported because they just classify themselves as Americans. To be a true white American is to be of English/British stock.

And even if you're not of english stock, if you were born here you're culturally anglo. I would be lost in italy, but I'd feel okay anywhere in the UK. My language, my culture, the phrases we use, the music, everything is english.

>I would be lost in italy, but I'd feel okay anywhere in the UK. My language, my culture, the phrases we use, the music, everything is english.

People often forget this. You can even take hardcore Italian-Americans and stick them in Britain and they will feel at home. Language plays a huge role in this.