Is every King of the Hill episode basically

Is every King of the Hill episode basically

>Strawman comes onto the show
>Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin - he just wanted to mow his lawn. He was getting his propane career back on track!
>Strawman is defeated in some way by Hank's old fashioned ways

Or am I missing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyzCccndc2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're missing a lot of things I tell ya' hwut

how many times are you going to post this same tired ass thread, OP?

Yup. Hank is never portrayed as flawless, he makes loads of obvious mistakes as a father with bobby. It's how hank deals with the rest of the world. Usually his old fashioned ways are both his problem but also everyone else's solution. Like he is very stubborn and prone to unreasonable anger. But he has redeemable traits that at the end of the show at least let him get along with his family and the boys in the alley. And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

>it's a "Bobby falls for some modern fad and Hank doesn't get it" episode

It's a Bobby has yellow fever racemixer and Hank will have little Elliot children episode.

>it's a "Bobby falls for a modern fad and Hank really likes it" episode

literally happens like 3 times

You're missing a gf.

No it was basically every single Bobby episode.

>It's a Lucky episode

Where do you think you are?

>it's a bobby gets new girlfriend episode

these kinds of episodes only really got out of hand in the last 3-4 seasons

the one where they enter shooting competitions

it's the episode where bobby is a better texan and Hank

3 times every episode

>it's a (((rusty))) episode

>its a "Dale gets a radio broadcasting system form a swap meet and sets up a pirate radio station boradcasting Sup Forums news and conspiracy theories 25 hours a day" episode

youtube.com/watch?v=iyzCccndc2w

No.

The beauty of KOTH is that is shows the benefits and drawbacks of progressive and traditional lifestyles. Hanks family values range from crazily out-dated to timeless (and everywhere in between) depending on the episode.

For example, in the episode where Peggy becomes a modern artist Hank sees through the pretentious art scene immediately. Then there's the episode where Hank plays the progressive and fights the churches damnation (heh) of Halloween. Whereas on the other side, we have the episode where Hank accompanies Bobby to a concert and freaks out over the sexuality of their dancing, showing what a prude Hank can be.

Are you people asleep at the switch? I understood this about KOTH when I was like 13.

Sounds like Star Trek.

This is pretty much right. Hank has a set of values and a way of doing things which may be old fashioned but worked for him, and he knows that it will work for his friends and family (though they might not like it). Hank is always the guy to fix everybody else's mistakes and he does it with discipline and ascetism which is sometimes unnecessary, but usually effective.

>its a clouds episode

>they were....dancing
>so what, we danced when we were young
>but they were enjoying it, Peggy

100% accurate post

made it pretty unwatchable

What's wrong with that formula? I'm no redneck but it worked for the show because Mike Judge created funny, entertaining characters and knew how to build a good punchline. Not sure what you're expecting from a silly little animated sitcom.

At least we can agree that Dale is /our guy/

yes