Just got back from an advance screening of this film

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lrShn8PeTz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it the nail in the coffin?

rate 1-10

Name one thing you liked and one thing you didn't like.

The first time I saw this movie's promotional image, I thought it was part of an old advertising campaign for the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie and the second part was just a secondary tagline.

yes

3/10

liked: the sfx
disliked: the sfx

Does it actually have an ending or does it just bait the next one like dead man's chest

Never seen any pirates film besides the first, and that was years ago. Would I still enjoy the film or do i need to marathon the series

It's definitely nearing the end of the run.

There was some solid humor in it, including a true laugh out loud scene. They were pretty heavy on the "smart womyn, stupid men" crap.

does jack sparrow get worse or better? does it have any of the original charm or have they completely lost it?

i really like the franchise and will give the movie a lot of concessions, will i still be disappointed?

The few clips I saw made depps acting look way off from the original movie, either because he sucks now or because he's phoning it in. What's your take on that?

Actual ending. It even tied up a thread that didn't even need to be tied up.

Does Orlando bloom actually have a part in the movie or is it more of a cameo? Do they take up too much time with the teenage romance?

Worse. Much worse. Like he wasn't even understandable in the first half of the movie.

Both wound be accurate.

More of a cameo, but it drives part of the plot. The romance angle wasn't that bad, but did feel a little forced at times.

Wonder if being drunk all the time, losing money, and dating crazy women is finally taking its toll

You could probably benefit from watching the second and third.

Why do they keep changing the name? I swear I've seen 3 different ones.

How's the villain?
It's common for films to get different titles in different countries.

-8/10

I was surprised by how much I loved the first one. Problems started with 2 and 3 and the idiotic decisions to make two sequels back-to-back while it's clear they had no fucking clue what they were doing. Davy Jones was an awesome villain and should have been concluded at the end of 2. Considering that they used ghosts for the first, H.P. Lovecratian fish men for part 2, I kinda wish they had went fucking nuts and brought aliens into part 3.

I avoided 4 because I can't fucking stand that mean looking little spic cunt Penelope Cruz who was Hollywood's favorite fuck toy 15 years ago until they realized that she was box office poison. Finally saw it years later and, yeah, fucking trash, not surprising since that fucking hack Rob Marshall Directed it.

I wont be seeing this one because I'm tired of Depp, who I use to have a lot of respect for back in the 90's, and think Javier Bardem's an overrated fuckstick. the two zero charisma non-entity leads don't help either.

The ONE good thing about this series, apart from Pirates 1, is the resurgence of Pirate themed TV shows like Black Sails that are loaded with sex and violence. That's the type of Pirate movie we need now, not this PG-13 Disney shit!!!

And why the fuck didn't Depp get Terry Gilliam to do one of these since he's hard up for a hit?!?FACT!!! youtu.be/lrShn8PeTz8

He was ok. Javier Bardem did a good job with what he was given, which was a generic revenge bad guy.

nice blog

Saw trailer yesterday and it really looked like a rehash of the first movie:
>immortal villain who has beef with Jack
>young inexperienced boy pov
>sussy rich damsel in distress
Is it so?

Are you a shill that is going to spam this board with a dozen threads per day for the next month?

Do you live in FL?

My question is if telling your little brother to hide under the neighbors car when you were little is a bad idea. I say this because my mom when I was young called us in for lunch and I thought it would be funny to not tell him. When I finished I heard my mom say OH NO and he accidentally was ran over when the neighbor backed up. He died in hospital but I never told anyone.

I want to know if this was wrong. So please let me know. I want to let go of this.

this entire thread has convinced me that everyone on Sup Forums is 11 full years old, tops

You just outed yourself young buck... Modsssss