Why were the sequels so shit?

Why were the sequels so shit?

discount netalee hershlag

Because the original was shit.

For me it was because it got too magical. I just wanted some swash buckling but ended up getting some kind of D&D adventure.

1 and 2 are good. The third is an abomination. The fourth is completely forgettable but atleast better than number 3.

prime Keira is way prettier than Portman

The first worked because it was a relatively simple film of saashbuckling pirates and ghosts.

The second and third tried to make 3 hour epic commercials for toys.

Agree.

Mystical voodoo curse magic with skeleton horror and later skeleton jokes

vs

Epic Nautical Fantasy with pirate seasoning

Don't get me wrong both could have been good and some of the problems with the sequels were pacing/pandering, but they just weren't true to the spirit of the original.

I think 2 was the best then 1 all the rest were crap

Never EVER post here again. Your first and last warning.

The first movie is a perfect adventure movie. There's absolutely zero fat on it whatsoever, I could watch it over and over again.

The second one was actually quite good, on a recent repeat viewing. Sort of the Empire Strikes Back moment of the series with that ending. It started getting a little too convoluted with all the characters switching allegiances and scheming for themselves, but it held it together long enough for the "ello, beastie" epic/crushing ending.

The third was way too cluttered, and they should've completely left out the Calypso shit and just had the pirate fleet going to war with the British fleet, but actually filmed a large sea battle as the grand finale.

Excuse me, but that user you just insulted is under MY protection. Apologize, and leave my presence

This. It got too serious for me by the third and there was too much shit going on. Even the second had signs of it. I was expecting to hate 4, but I've spent a few hours on much worse.

I agree with you on all counts

Also the special effects work on Bill Nighy's tentacle beard was beyond awesome, it still looks fantastic in HD

Because they were cashgrabs that took themselves too seriously.

Portman is for plebs who like to whine because Knightley isn't enough of a hamplanet for them

You're wrong sweetie

You suck eggs

Agreed, couldn't believe how good Davy Jones looked for a movie that's 11 years old.

He's right tho.

What are you on about. He's 100% right.

CotBP: 9/10
DMC: 6/10
AWE: 4/10
OST: 3/10
DMTNT: 5/10

Pretty much anyone after the first one has been mediocre or shit.