FLASH SEASON FINALE!

I don't get it Sup Forums
I just don't fucking get it.

so does this mean everything we have seen in the past 2 seasons of flash does not exist?
why we doing flashpoint already? why even at all..
I got so used to this timeline now it's gone forever :'(

>why we doing flashpoint already?
flash written into a corner, the other shows need a reboot and an excuse to pull in supergirl

I'm disappointed though to be honest, I felt so attached to everybody's chemistry with each other.
time to rebuild that chemistry in a whole fucking season

Wait are they using this to reboot arrow too? because i would definitely be down for that.

I haven't seen the second season at all, but can't Cisco see other timelines? They can pull some LOST shit and have Cisco try and change shit back if they want.

>completely invalidate Barry's character development in the past two episodes
>just to get everyone hype over low-budget Flashpoint

Things will just go back to the status quo in a few eps. They have so many plot threads left dangling they need to come back to. And I can't believe you idiots think Arrow is going to reboot. Just because we don't like it doesn't mean they're going to pander to us with a reboot.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I dislike Flashpoint. It basically says that all the hours we've spent watching the Flash were for nothing.

how many people will Killer Clam kill next season

barry really gives no fucks about the timeline does he

>were for nothing

That's not it necessarily, it's more that after multiple episodes dealing with Barry coming to terms with his Mom's death and deciding not to save her to change the timeline, and after coming to terms with his role as the Flash and the part that those tragedies played in helping him get there, he just goes "NAH FUCK THAT" and changes his mind anyways.

It makes no goddamn sense.

The Speed Force likes him. He can get away with way more shit than Zoom could.

Barry accepted his mother's death, and then his father is brutally murdered in front of him as a direct result of Barry being the Flash. Barry has been haunted by his decisions the entire season, to the point of recklessness and irresponsibility. He's come to regard the Flash as the root of everything that went wrong in his life, and he decides to simply give it all up, save Nora, and prevent himself from becoming the Flash.

He's grieving. People make stupid decisions when they're not in the right state of mind especially if you have super powers.

Barry got stuck with BAD END. I don't blame him for retrying. You could tell by the end of this episode he was completely crushed. Not even iris saying she loved him was enough.

>He's grieving. People make stupid decisions when they're not in the right state of mind especially if you have super powers.

he hasn't been rational for a good time on season 2 and I'm really behind on it

seems like producers ran out of stories

>BARRY ALLEN IS SPIDER-MAN NO MORE!

This shit is going to get wibbly wobbly timey wimmy next season if they aren't careful.

While I don't want the entire next season to be a version of Flashpoint, I think maybe five episodes enough to tell a good version of that story.

The issue with that would be that it would by proxy cause Arrow to go "wibbly wobbly" too, since unlike Legends, The Flash doesn't have the luxury of no one giving a shit about its continuity.

Not saying no one gives a shit about Legends, I'm just saying they could pretty much do the whole plot of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and no one would bat an eye.

>Instead of Project SUPERMAN we get Project SUPERGIRL
>yfw this is how they integrate Supergirl into the CW verse

Why? Because WB wants to do their flash movie. Think about everyone that gets killed off in CW shows. It's because they're going to be in an upcoming movie. I see it as the writers want to try Flashpoint before the series gets canned because DCEU

I'd be okay with this.

They blew their load on Barry going so fast he dies waaaaaaaaaay too early and pointlessly.

cant wait till black jimmy olsen to start cucking barry and oliver.

Seriously, they blew a major COIE reference on this?

>jimmy olsen
You mean James Olsen.

>The issue with that would be that it would by proxy cause Arrow to go "wibbly wobbly" too, since unlike Legends, The Flash doesn't have the luxury of no one giving a shit about its continuity.

that is another detail, how this will affect arrow? it's the same universe

Only the BIG GUY can call him Jimmy.

James knows Bane?

Could we get white Wally or dual Wallys?

To be honest, I'm still not entirely convinced it will.
There's a chance that there will be some sort of rule of inevitability that makes it so that Barry still becomes the Flash somehow.

Their definition of how the timeline and everything else works is all over the place.

>Barry can run so fast he rips holes in space time
>This is not a concious effort, it simply is a side effect of reaching a certain speed, and all he can do is direct the destination
>Oh wait, if he runs at a certain high enough speed, he disintegrates, because he's running too fast
>This speed is slower than the time warping one he casually uses now

>When a timeline is abandoned, speedsters who came from that timeline become remnants
>Except the Barry who peeked into the room
>Nah, he's going full Marty McFly

All that being said:
If I had to guess, the first episode of the next season will deal with the world going completely shit. Possibly because of how the Flash was kind of important in not letting Vandal Savage Vandal his way into power, so Barry finds out (once again) that he needs to fix this, and goes back and un-saves his mom, leading to the version of himself that gave the "Stop Invincible Son" look to himself at the end of last season.
Notice how that Barry was nowhere to be seen?

>flash in charge of being good

lol if you're not jumping ship after this disaster of a season

the "Stop Barry, Stop" Flash from the future did his bit with Barry in the door, got kid Barry out of the house, then our Barry came in and stopped Reverse Flash from killing his mom.

Hm, yeah now that I think about it you're right.
Bit hard to keep track of all these Barrys

>olicity will die in your lifetime
thank you sweet Jesus

All of you complaining that everything was erased are full of shit. We all know what the end game is. Flashpoint goes on as intended, the world is a lot shittier, and Eobard is there again as the villain probably. Right before the world goes to shit like in the real Flashpoint paradox, someone (probably green arrow since he's the batman of this universe) will murderkill reverse flash, allowing barry to travel back to his mother's murder (again) in order to stop end-of-season-2 flash from stopping reverse flash, and instead doing pic related. It's an interesting romp through an alternate universe that will allow the writers to once again use reverse flash, which is the one thing they are really good at, and its also probably a chance for Geoff Johns to go back and make Flashpoint into what it was originally supposed to be, which is a cautionary standalone flash story about time travel, and not a full reboot.

forgot pic

Agreed, you pretty much nailed it.

it does matter because all those events led to what happened; without those, there would be nothing.

Just be happy that Eddie will be back and he will be the new Zoom.

How do you all feel about the Flash when it comes to murder? My sister was yearning for Barry to kill Zoom. I tried to explain to her that Barry doesn't usually do that sort of thing. She wasn't having it and was bringing up arguments about "police killing when they have to!" I argued that's usually in self-defense (could have argued that Barry did that when he killed Atom Smasher and Sand Demon but it slipped my mind. Will bring it up later) and what Barry was planning was premeditated murder. How do you all feel about Flash killing people? I'm fine if it's "the only way" and if Barry acknowledges how much he hated to take a life. Typically, I'd rather Barry killing be avoided.

TV Show Barry kills all the damn time.

He only killed Atom Smasher and Sand Demon. That's it.

I'm fine with him killing someone as long as there is no stopping that person.

A speedster can effectively have free reign over the whole of existence, re-writing history as he pleases, unmaking reality at the seams if that's what he wants.
The least you must do, is find a way to take that power from them. If you can do it, then that is a good alternative to killing them. Locking them in Star Labs generally does the trick though, so that - in most cases - removes the necessity to kill.

Then again, there are times when it would be preferable that he just killed someone.
Life must be miserable as a concious statue.

I agree! Star Labs and Iron Heights usually do the trick.

Post Screens you fucking twats, I don't want to waste 40 minutes of my time just for the hype moments

>tfw I just want Arrow to be cool again
Don't set me up for disappointment user.

Barry killed 3 people already and he doesnt give a fuck most of the times. It was never a case of "oh i cant kill" and more like "this enemy is such a chump I can actually capture him for my personal guantanamo zoo". He killed all the times he needed.

And if there was no speed demons he would have killed him.

He hasn't killed an enemy that was already down though. Like Zoom was. The villains he killed were either in self-defense or to save someone at that moment.

Psychopaths are literally not human. Why would you feel guilty about killing Jay Garrick.

remember that time Barry killed an 16 year old kid by aging him up?

the ratings have been dropping ever since olicity took over so maybe it will finally for the writers to drop that shit

the writers only care what twitter has to say and it wants more Felicity

Why is everybody talking as if Arrow is going to be reset?is it confirmed

So Season 1 Finale, a Future Barry came back and told his past self to not save his mother. Can we assume this is S3 barry when he realizes he's fucked up everything by saving his mom?

I'm really hoping Flashpoint is just an intro to the season, maybe 1-2 episodes to set up Barry's conflict and with Barry's time traveling shenanigans pissing off the Speed Force and involving Cicada (if that is the Big Bad).

Otherwise, all of s1-s2 has been invalidated by Flashpoint creation, but if the whole season is Flashpoint and Barry eventually travels back to stop it, that will just invalidate S3. It's hard to enjoy the show when all developments mean nothing.

>>''this enemy is such a chump I can actually capture him for my personal guantanamo zoo"

Top kek

How I think they'll do it. 2-3 weeks before they start all their shows regular seasons there will be a 2 week Flashpoint event mini-series like thing. Monday-Thursday for those 2-3 weeks will be an altered version of Flashpoint that can fit with their restrictions on CW. Some such change would have to be:
> Thomas Wayne replaced with Robert Queen as an older Arrow.

> The Atlantian v Amazon War would be changed to something like Kryptonians v Thanagarians, or maybe The League of Assassins v A Mirikuru Army lead by Slade

After these episodes are over and Barry's back in the normal timeline, then things go on like normal.

> Arrow getting worse and worse

> Legends having too many people to count (But no more Barista Bullshit, so that's a plus)

> Supergirl dealing with the fallout of budget cuts

It wouldn't be 2 alien races fighting on earth, but they could replace the Superman project thing easily with Supergirl, though she'd have to go on a diet to get the skinny malnourished look

>expecting Barry to murder Zolomon doppleganger so we get the Trial of Flash like what we saw when barry is running through time
>goes back in time to save his mom for a shitty flashpoint

>Flashpoint brings back the Hawks
>Introduces E2 and E3 Felicity. Also their lost twins. So 6 Felicities.
>Together they are the FLA, Felicity league of America

I'll watch it if it means Wellsobard is the antagonist.

Who's the villain
is cavanagh gone
i sure hope this doesnt bring back eddie thawne just for the sake of muh romance conflict

They blew their load too early on Flashpoint.

>STOP INVINCIBLE SELF

The Future Barry in the S1 finale is Barry from the future newspaper that Wells had - the FLASH MISSING one.

Very much this. Sup Forums got in hissy fit so easily these days

>is cavanagh gone

If he is I will hunt down every last writer of Flash and force them to write him back in some how. I don't care if Earth-3 Wells is the son of motherfucking Apocalypse, he will not be lost

Why didn't he kill Eddie as a child as well?
>prevent Reverse Flash from existing
>saves his mother
>saves the real E1 Wells
>no particle accelerator explosion

What are the Time Masters doing about this shit with Barry Allen?

Who was this? Was this mid season 2 Flash or Future Flash?

Yeah, and? It was pretty cool moment. You're never going to get 1:1 re-enactment of CoIE Barry moment.

by the end of the show theres going to be like 8 barrys in that one moment in time arent there?

But the particle accelerator exploded anyway to give him his powers. Eobard just took the identity of Wells and made it happen 5 years in advance.

>all I ever wanted for you is you to be happy
>unless I'm not happy
>NOW can we go back to shitty Earth 2? All my off-screen friends are there!

To be fair, she didn't say "com back with me dad" She was going back by herself.

Fucking stupid writers made him go back with her.

The fuck you guys are talking about. Nothing is gonna change because Barry didn't change his timeline, but the one he 'teleported' himself into. There is no past, there are just other timelines with different time. He now just needs to get back to his timeline, nothing's gonna change

This is why I like Marvel's timeline. You changed time? No, you made a new earth.

>barry ends up as the one to kill his mom at the end of next season

>kill Zoom
>hundreds maybe even thousands of lives saved

yeah I don't think it's that bad

Barry Allen's time fuckery must be sanctioned by the Oculus - and be part of the TRUE timeline.

But she still has to come back for that 'I have superpowers, we can't be together' drama with Wally

How much you want to bet that the 4-part crossover next season will be the CW's version of Crisis, with Barry preventing himself from stopping his mother's death resulting in a new world where Supergirl is on the same Earth and Felicity was never born

this will never happen and all it's going to do is bring Kara to Earth Prime and make Felicity the new Canary

It's kind of weird she said she wanted to go back to Earth 2 after agreeing to a plan that relied on stopping Zoom by trapping him on Earth 2 again

>Barry doesn't usually do that sort of thing
Except for this whole fucking season

My question is how many episodes will it last and will other shows go along or continue the regular timeline.

>Rip! We're in an inescapable deathtrap! How do we get out of this?

>Well, after we get out of this, we use the Waverider to go back in time and set up the things we need!

>Like what?

>Like....THIS KEY!!!

>Excellent! I'm going to leave myself....MY HEAT GUN!

just read DC Rebirth #1 if you want good Flash content you cucks

Eventually that night at his old house is going to turn out like that family guy episode where they go back to the pilot

>how to save the show
Just make Cavanagh an older Barry so you can keep him way longer on the show.

>the real Jay is revealed
>does absolutely fucking nothing
Cool thanks show

this tbqh, it was beautiful

After the Brutal murder of my Mother and Father, I Barry Allen who ranges from the fastest to the Fourth fastest human on Earth has gone back into time to the night it all started. But doing so meant I'am now being hunted by the Time Master and the speed force ghosts. To protect my new time I must travel to the future and kill Felicity Smoak the great grandmother of the founder of the Time Masters.

This season felt kind of pointless, but not nearly as pointless as Arrow Season 3, so we're still ahead of the curve I guess?

Everytime RF goes to kill Nora he is met with dozens of Barry's, all trying to stop him/each other.

Zoom when the wraiths took him with his dying face and ripped mask looked a lot like the time wraith that went after Barry. You think that the wraiths may have turned Zoom into another wraith and that was what went after Barry?

the flash killed like six people over the course of season 2 (atom smasher, sand guy, etc.)

i was more surprised that people were shocked that he was planning to kill zoom.

End of Season 1 Flash, so essentially end of Season 3 Flash that stops end of Season 2 Flash.

>the Jay costume
I feel like if you combined both Hunters and it, itd look great but right now they dont have the ascending lightning bolt which sucks and JWS needs to start loaing a bit of weight. Hopwfully he does for S3

Black Flash was sick tho

He turned into the Black Flash

That's probably S3 Flash.