The Flash post episode discussion

Talkback thread Rate the season and the finale

Other urls found in this thread:

tvline.com/2016/05/24/the-flash-season-2-finale-man-in-iron-mask-revealed-interview/
eonline.com/news/767672/the-flash-s-man-in-the-iron-mask-speaks-how-about-that-season-2-finale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cool, thanks for the pic OP. Was looking for a good shot of him

Once the timeline gets unflashpointed however long into S3 that takes all I want is a Jay Garrick vs the Trickster episode.

Thats a big flash

>gives up speed to save one dude
>reluctant to kill zoom multiple times
>vows to save earth 2
>tons of other moments like this
>no issue killing an entire timeline
Fuck up of the century.

Terrible writing desu

Who else is dropping the show?

for you

Season 7/10

Finale 8/10

I'm not sure if this thread is needed.

>Zoom's whole costume was for the sake of this

This bring supergirl to the CW verse, but Brings back

Savage

Hunter's suit was better, but this one is more colorful, so i really like it(it needs the upward lightning bolt tho)

A 7/10
Don't like that we flashpoint now and the waiths should have been a thing when it was revealed Jay was Zoom. So we can have a sense of fear for them. Liked what they did though.

Nice meme, kid, you gonna post the same image in every thread too?

I did. Never watching a CW show again.

good riddance. now fuck off and just let flash fans post in this thread for next season.

>My mother's maiden name was Garrick

He looks like Scorpius, farscapeXflash confirmed

>Fashpoint happens on Flash the day before Flashpoint is reversed in the DCU

Do you think it was intentionally this way,or just good timing?

See you next season.

I would have much rather they put him in the other uniform, but it's nice that a live action cape's costume has some fucking color for once.

Flash aka daddy issues the show

>If I repeat the joke enough, it'll be funny eventually
>R-right guys

Those are some fucking pearly whites

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole. Go soak your head.

The Dementors took him to Azkaban?!?

I totally agree. Bomber Jacket is way better then whatever Flashdad is wearing.

is zoom black flash now or are they just teasin

>unironically defending CW writing

>spoiler
C'mon you didn't know that it was Flashdad the whole time?

Man I actually really liked this finale up until the last two minutes with Barry going "yeah nah fuck that" to every bit of character development he had the second half of this season.

Crisis references were fun, I liked how they defeated Zoom, Gustin did a pretty great job of selling the emotional scenes, Jay looks fucking perfect with his costume, and they resolved the Earth 2/3 mixup how we expected.

My guess is yes.

Does this mean that next season is going to be Dr Manhattan reversing this?

>moronically being a contrarian to try to fit in Sup Forums

timeline doesn't count, he did it multiple times before

I missed it - but that looks perfect.

Yes. Yes.

Naw, he beat everyone. Flash is just starting New Game+ in season 3

I like them both equally. They're two different suits for two different (kind of) interpretations of the character.

>time remnant
What the fuck, he didn't go back, he multiplied. That's a mirage.

Also, if saving his mom prevented peeping-flash from existing, why did it not erase the other flash that was saving kid barry?

How does Wellsobard exist now? Heck, how did he exist in his own show?

If Zoom can hop from his earth to the flash's at will, why did he need the breaches in the first place?

How are the other shows going to continue with this information? Do they just carry on alongside a timeline of central city where the Flash didn't go back and they are just zombie-ing around until he reunites both timelines into one?

Why did Zoom say he took velocity 9, when in fact what he took was velocity 6? Velocity 9 was developed by Caitlin, and Zoom always had the blue lightning.

This show is bullshit, and is going the way of LoT. References and self-aware lines do not make up for decent consistent writing.

But he didn't. But Barry was completely broken by his father's death.

People who think he's still hung up on his mother are wrong. What he did by saving her is basically preventing himself from becoming the Flash and therefore sparing Henry and Nora from ever being threatened by the likes of Reverse-Flash and Zoom.

Who did more damage to the timeline?
a) Rip Hunter and Crew
b) Berrie

>Poor Man's Infinite Crisis.
>Red Skies.
>The Black Flash is now 100% confirmed.
>Cisco having a better hold of his powers.
>Motherfucking Flashdad in all of his colorful costume glory.
>They actually did it, the absolute madmen, Flashpoint gor Season 3.
Call me biased or whatever, fuck you.
This episode had me rock hard all the way.
I need Season 3 now.

I like how the team just have a spare suit laying around just in case a new speedster shows up.

Jay / 10

MetaReferencesToKeepFanboysPleased/10.
So, a 7/10.
I loved it.

You can get away with physically impossible shit with the speedforce, but covering logical gaps makes it lazy writing.

At least keep it consistent within the same season.

Who the fuck is Earth-2 Barry's dad?

>What the fuck, he didn't go back, he multiplied. That's a mirage.
No, it's a time remnant.

>Also, if saving his mom prevented peeping-flash from existing, why did it not erase the other flash that was saving kid barry?
What's to say it didn't?

>How does Wellsobard exist now? Heck, how did he exist in his own show?
He's a living paradox.

>If Zoom can hop from his earth to the flash's at will, why did he need the breaches in the first place?
Because he only acquired that power after stealing Flash's speed.

>How are the other shows going to continue with this information? Do they just carry on alongside a timeline of central city where the Flash didn't go back and they are just zombie-ing around until he reunites both timelines into one?
We'll find out in August, won't we?

>Why did Zoom say he took velocity 9, when in fact what he took was velocity 6? Velocity 9 was developed by Caitlin, and Zoom always had the blue lightning.
Plot hole, yes.

Calm your chest.

YOR A SPEEDST'R ARRY!

I assumed it was somewhere in Zoom's prison warehouse

Its so frustrating how ppl are missing this. He just saw his dad die and then a man who looks just like him.
He's not gonna be over it and does stupid things when he's upset.
He's gonna fix it sure but not anytime soon.

Dude - same.

>coming to Sup Forums when you haven't seen/read something you don't want spoiled

You did it to yourself.

E2 Henry.

Jay is from Earth-3.

>Hal
>Diana
aw c'mon don't tease me like that

his time remnant said velocity 6

Eh I feel pretty lukewarm about the finale, nowhere near the hype of season 1 finale. Damn shame, Flash was my hype show.

>Rate the season and the finale
Not Canon / 10

Wish they'd kept the big lightning bolt instead of that dinky thing

Anybody /westcoast/ here? This shit's gettin' good.

What are the chances the crossover event this year is the Flashpoint, not S3?

>4 shows
>22 minutes each
>88 minutes total
>it's practically a movie

Grant Morrison.

>the "killing" curse

At this point, they should just be happy dinosaurs aren't running around chasing Redcoats on flying motorcycles.

Still henry Allen, jay is from earth 3.
Henry Allen of earth 2 was never in danger.

Henry Allen
Jay is from Earth-3 in the CW-verse

Literally only because they found traditional Earth-3 first

What the fuck is even a time remnant then?

If killing a time remnant makes you a living paradox, then how come Wellsobard died when Eddie shot himself?

Also, if killing remnants makes the wraiths coming after you, why didn't they try to take barry as well? Are they just speedforce police?

Irrelevant, since either only met Caitlin after they already had blue lightning.

Just posting this for no reason.

I love the show and I'll watch the next season, but it always had bad writing.

What were all the metahumans doing while Barry was in coma for 9 months?

>Speed Force gifts Barry one final encounter with his mother's spirit so he can let go of the past and keep moving forward as the guardian of the world.

>Barry goes back in time anyway and alters the timeline to reject that for which he was chosen.

Man, Speed Force is going to be pissed.

Jay's Color's + Hunter's jacket would be perfect.

Also disappoint we didn't get any speed feats between Jay and Barry.

>So Garricks mother divorced Barry's grandfather on Earth-3

Lynda Carter as Golden Age Wondie(aka president Diana Prince or Hippolyta) in S3 when?!?

OH GOD WE FLASHPOINT NOW

He's going to be dodging Time Wraiths for the whole season

Barry. All Coldy Cold and the Frosty Bunch managed to do was destroy a machine that could alter timeline, nothing else had a lasting impact. Barry just destroyed the entire timeline.

>TVLINE | Have you been told anything about the show’s version of Earth-Three? On Earth-Two, for example, people tend to be opposites, there’s a “retro” veneer to the aesthetics…..
The only thing I know about Earth-Three is what I gathered from the comics, that that’s where Jay Garrick is, that that’s where these old villains go. Indeed, that’s what happens at the end of our finale — Zoom turns into Black Flash and goes off to Earth-Three, so I’ll be very interested when we get to the point of exploring exactly what Earth-Three is like and how close they’ll stay to the comics.

Yes they were mostly speed force things and were after jay because he kept doing this shit.
Barry only did it once and they were angered at Zoom more than Flash.

Don't do this to me user. I can't take the inevitable heart break of it not happening.

>Implying the Speedforce isn't gonna send Black Flash after him

>a Jay Garrick vs the Trickster episode

JWS and Mark Hamill homage to the 90's Flash??

tvline.com/2016/05/24/the-flash-season-2-finale-man-in-iron-mask-revealed-interview/

Time remnants are speedster from erased timelines, who avoid being erased because they're connected to the Speed Force, and can transverse through time should their prolongued existence or absence not create direct paradoxes.

Eobard died because Barry prevented the singularity caused by Eddie's paradox from erasing the timeline. His time remnant then emerged, but his presence caused another paradox, which is why he had to leave.

Hunter was erasing timelines and pulling out time remnants to do his bidding from moments where he knows the timeline won't be fractured by the time remnant's presence.

Barry never killed his remnants, and had the Speed Force covering his ass when he travelled back in time.

I don't think Barry exists on Earth 3.

My name is Barry Allen, and I'm an ordinary forensic scientist. When I was 10, my mother was attacked by a man in yellow, but a stranger saved her and ran off. Since then, I've lived an uneventful life until one day, the printer got jammed. With the help of my friends at the Central City Police Department, I'll fix this jam and prevent new ones from taking place. I am, Barry Allen.

If it was going to take Zoom and Barry 500 laps to charge the wheel-o-doom, why didn't Zoom just do 1000 laps himself? Or use a remnant to help him do 500?

>Also, if saving his mom prevented peeping-flash from existing, why did it not erase the other flash that was saving kid barry?

That Flash comes from yet another distant future where gun violence has destroyed the very Earth itself.

The Supergirl writers want Linda Carter to play president in that show, so.

Yeah of course.

Time Remnant WAS consistent.

It's a catch all term to those lost to time because of the speedforce. That never changed they just were unclear in their initial explanations.

Barry explained how he made one too. Remember how he traveled back in time and merged with himself in a few of the past episodes featuring time travel?

Essentially he grabbed the version of himself that erased.

At least that was how I understood it when he explained it to Wally.

He might not even become a forensic scientist. His drive to become one was solving Nora's murder.

He'll probably follow into his father's footsteps and become a doctor, or maybe a scientist at S.T.A.R. Labs.

How can he beat and humiliate his arch nemisis that way? Also he's fucking nuts

Cause breaking Barry by tricking him into helping destroy everything is more evil.

did they trigger the paradox storyline in the end?

eonline.com/news/767672/the-flash-s-man-in-the-iron-mask-speaks-how-about-that-season-2-finale

>So you'll be a major part of season three going forward, yes?

>That's what they've told me. There are endless possibilities—they're just now mapping out that they can do with the character Jay Garrick. I mean, come on, he's the head of the Justice Society of America. They just mentioned that they were going to be doing that on Legends. They just announced multiple crossovers. Now we have Supergirl who has come from my old network, CBS. The possibilities are literally endless.

>Who else is dropping the show?

Honestly, I haven't been able to watch since Barry gave his speed to Zoom. I don't even care if everything since it has been golden, it just killed by enthusiasm for the show by being so monumentally stupid.

Fuck OP I know it was obvious, but you couldn't use a different pic or at least spoilered that shit for us on the west that still haven't seen it?