Am I the only one on this board who actually LIKES this movie?

Am I the only one on this board who actually LIKES this movie?

Stop liking shit movies.

I liked the directing.

I don't know I would go so far as to say I liked it. It's not terrible, merely passable.

the book is fun and interesting. i don't really like matt damon. any nobody freshface could've played the part

I liked it but it would've been better with Chris Pratt in the lead 2bh

I read the book first, and enjoyed it. Since the movie is the book, almost exactly, I enjoyed it as well.

A black guy with the name Kapoor. hmmmmm

It's decent. Mediocre.

Yeah, I liked this movie. I always dip my potatoes in vicodin now.

yes, tripfag. you are a special snowflake

yes because you're the redittor, KILLKID

Book Watney: "Shit fuck cunt I have to drive this dodgy piece of shit clapped out rover across this shitfucked dirtbowl with a hellstorm chasing me and all I have to eat are motherfucking potatoes, dying would sure be nicer than the shit I am putting up with"

Movie Watney: "Ayy lmao come pick me up im just hangin out on mars still maybe bring me some music that isnt disco lol"

A short movie length didn't have to mean totally killing the tone and cutting out most of the challenges faced. He hangs out on Mars for a potato picnic in the movie version. Another story mangled to appeal to americans.

No, it was my favorite film of 2016.

And even if you don't feel that way, you have to agree it was better than HUUUUUGH HNNNNNN AAAAHHHH GRRRRRR HNNNNNGH AAAHHHHHGHHH M-MUH S-SON AAAHHHGHHHH

Kek

Fuck you Mars

The dad rock soundtrack ruined it for me.

i dont watch movies

its very bland but its also pretty enjoyable

>And even if you don't feel that way, you have to agree it was better than HUUUUUGH HNNNNNN AAAAHHHH GRRRRRR HNNNNNGH AAAHHHHHGHHH M-MUH S-SON AAAHHHGHHHH

i would love for this to be even more realistic. But still very cool, we dont have movies like this anymore

>dad rock
Nigga, that's disco, not dad rock

dad disco sounds dumb, easier to just call all cringy dad music dad rock

No fuck you, disco and rock shall never be classified as the same

it struck a good balance between drama and comedy, tone-wise i enjoyed it

It's a revnant reference

yes, it was a meme move, taylor made for reddit

top shelf comedy.

it's worth maybe 1 watch

shouldn't you be shilling your fargo video?

The main hiccup in the film is the dialog. A nasa astronaut is the epitome of balance, protocol, and confidence. They all see themselves as representatives of an entire society and would never let the facade of total control slip. You would never hear any pilot curse on air, in log or text transmission. Matt Damon's character is way too casual in his demeanor as it the entire upper echelon of the Earth based directors.

Man do you have shit taste

>american wankery
>no tension whatsoever, because you oddly don't feel like the character is ever at risk
>don't even see Mars
The Martian could very well be the desertian, because you never feel like he's facing an entire planet. Interstellar was the better movie

I liked the science

is the book reddit like the movie? if not i'd give it a shot

i liked it
it's better in the second viewing

You sound like a massive faggot

hold up guys, what's wrong about this film? thought it was okay and enjoyable

It's not autistic enough for Sup Forums to think it's a smart movie.

is this a fargo thread?

It was just exceedingly average. Seems more like a young, new director's second movie than it does an established artist's like Scott.

If I remember correctly, there's a time jump in the movie where he has to wait like a year for the next shuttle to arrive. It's handled poorly. One minute he's doing shit around the habitat, the next he's getting out of the shower, his emaciated figure our only hint that a significant amount of time has passed.

I feel like this was where the meat of the story was and they just skip it. What did he do all this time? How did being so alone for an extended period effect him mentally? Not at all, apparently, according to the movie, but hey he lost some weight.

>his emaciated figure our only hint that a significant amount of time has passed.
Not to forget it was clearly a body double and they didn't even care enough to try to hide it

i liked it, but my mom didnt

HEY BRO LET'S SCIENCE THIS PUSSY UP

FUCK YEAH MAN, SCIENCIN' ALL THE FUCK LONG DAY BRO

Kek. That was unbearable. Also most of the scenes on the earth were useless and a waste of a casting

eat shit!, the movie.