HUGE things for Marvel's future

So I know everyone is excited for DC's new reboot, but there's some really cool stuff going on over at Marvel that is getting really overlooked.

Civil War 2 is really exciting, and the reveal of Captain America being an agent of Hydra all along is pretty shocking, and people are already claiming that the reveal makes Rebirth look weak in comparison. Death of X is on its way too.

Plus it looks like Marvel is planning a huge new event that might just dwarf Rebirth with their new Marvel Now! line.

What do you think? What are you most excited for? What do you think Marvel Now! will be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shill harder.

>and the reveal of Captain America being an agent of Hydra all along is pretty shocking

Shocking in the way that Marvel really thinks this low of their fans.

Jesus again?

They're too lazy to even come up with a new name, fuckin really?

Actually it's getting really good reception

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/

>This week sees the release of the gorgeous-looking Captain America #1 by Nick Spencer and Jesus Saiz.

>And it will utterly change the history and very nature of Captain America. This was probably the big announcement originally planned by Marvel for yesterday in the wake of DC Universe Rebirth spoilers but it’s looking like it’s now been held back.

>So what is it?

>Well, it’s not the kiss with Sharon Carter, who notices how much older than Steve she now looks. Not even the liberal-left wing jibe on how unemployment is driving Hydra recruitment.

>Because this is the issue in which we get Nick Spencer’s The Anatomy Lesson moment.The Anatomy Lesson being the second issue of Swamp Thing by Alan Moore and Steve Bissette where it is revealed that Swamp Thing was never Alec Holland, just the memory of him, preserved in vegetable matter.

>Everything you knew was wrong.

>If you want to avoid this spoiler then consider yourself warned. DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins.

>Marvel Now
>again

This is bait

Am I in a time loop or something

>really cool stuff going on over at Marvel
like what?

Bleeding Cool?! Drinking every drop of jizz Marvel gives them?! You don't say! Next you'll tell me DC Rebirth is problematic!

Marvel Stans detected

Even you know this is a terrible idea admit it, all these half asses events just thrown into this "all new all different" cast is getting hectic and bland.

plus there was this leak...

DCs reboot isn't gonna save their failing movies user

This is what real shilling looks like fellas.

>Plus it looks like Marvel is planning a huge new event
You don't say?

Who even mentioned movies? What do movies have to do with anything?

>see you next issue, when Steve is revealed to be Hitler's hidden son!

>xmen is now separate from the main earth like fox marvel
>secret wars 2.0 is avengers vs xmen

Most of Sup Forums and Reddit thinks it's stupid and Tumblr (and probably Twitter) are losing their minds, does anyone but fucking Bleedingcool like it?

This is some next level shitposting. No shill is this bad.

come on guys, please stop shitposting. We don't troll your rebirth threads so you can at least return the favour

>marvel is so bad that listing what they're doing is considered shitposting

what a world we live in

Marvel has seen that if people are angry they're talking about their comics and sales increase. I don't have the screencap but it was in an interview.

Marvel is a business, and a business's goal is to make money first and foremost. The fact that they make so much proves that what they're doing is right.

WHAT
HE'S GONE FOR YEARS
AND SHOWS UP ONLY FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA TO KILL HIM?

I TRUSTED YOU SPENCER! I TRUSTED YOOOUUUU!

I think Death of X will be Marvel officially retiring the X-men. The stories are tired by now and there's nothing interesting to do with them, and since they don't have film rights it's pretty unfair to expect Marvel to publish books that advertise their competitors.

I've always been a bit of an Inhumans fanatic so the fact that there's finally some space for them to shine being made makes me fanboy pretty hard.

Marvel has made me incapable of caring about whatever happens in their universe. If the status quo isn't back, the changes will end up being irrelevant

They sell too well for marvel to stop publishing books. Same with Deadpool

DC is having a new reboot?

Comics are the source material for the movies you half breed

he died doing what he loved. not having to deal with cosmic shit

Yes.

>When fans are outraged, that means we're doing something that's getting attention and is a bit controversial--and that always leads to better sales for us, anyways. Whereas when we're doing something that's embraced by the fans, the numbers are always soft.

see

Marvel is going to KILL in sales.

>his last thought
>"I'll never have to deal with cosmic shit again"

>Marvel Now
>again
They couldn't even change the name?

That Marvel Now was Marvel Then, this Marvel Now is Marvel Now

How'd you get the internship at marvel? Any tips?

Who could have guessed that the big strong Aryan was a bad guy all along

how can anybody honestly say that an event entirely based around making all the fans of an entire publisher happy by bringing back their favorite things can possibly be topped by revealing that a character was evil all along?

Like they're so entirely different that comparing them makes no sense

Tony Stark is their only white male left who isn't evil. They should go ahead and make him gay or retcon him as being half-muslim or something.

Strange?

>If you want to avoid this spoiler then consider yourself warned. DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins.
Goddamn, I like Marvel and even I found that poor taste. Did Marvel pay Rich to say that or does he just that much of a dicksucker? Did Geoff Johns murder his dog?

H-he has super strength, right?
He could survive that, right?

I meant like, Avengers characters.

Oh. Hawkeye?

nope, but a preteen transgirl will pick up his mantle and replace him.

Jackette Flag?

i wont care about marvel until they stop trying to replace x-men with inhumans, and put x-men back on x-teams, not avenger teams

He's deaf so he counts as disabled.

Pietro?

Jacqueline Flag

Gypsies aren't white

Jack Flag is strong and durable up to 40 or 50 tons so honestly, probably yes. If you don't see him die I'm sure someone can pick him up from that - but he's Z-list, so it'll be another few years at least.

Deadpool?

when will it end, Sup Forums? when can i just die

When will Then be now?

Mugga

Uhh.. Peter?

I thought you'd go with Canadian

Johnny's an Avenger now

Deadpool's not a mutant. Thought it could be argued he's mentally disabled.

that one probably counts
this one as well

ALTHOUGH according to Toy Biz vs United States the FF and Spiderman aren't humans so you could argue that makes them minorities

Okay, OP. I'll let it pass.
Now tell me how do you got the internship.

please stop trolling, thanks. We're trying to have a discussion here.

>he just that much of a dicksucker?
this is the correct answer

ironic shilling is still shilling

>constant relaunches and #1s
>constant crossovers
>constant events to the point that they're rehashing the same ones
>forcing stores to bulk up sales by ridiculous amounts for variant covers (just like before the crash)

is Marvel going to crash the industry again?

You really think they're gonna just throw away free money?

Nigga, the comics don't advertise the movies, it's the FUCKING MOVIES that advertise the comics.

Sorry, but as someone who enjoys Marvel more then DC and has read far more Marvel books; I don't care anymore.
"Big Things" have been happening at Marvel over and over again with rapid recurring frequency and shorter intervals between each one for 16 years, with "upheavals" that have lasted less time then the last shit I took and a roughly equivalent level of writing quality of said shit too.

Call me when Bendis dies or leaves and the company gets it's bullshit together and not before.

more #1s, more terrible tumblr tier crap that tries to mooch off the Ms Marvel Audience, more fucking events

did you even read the comments you dumbfuck? Even Reddit is annoyed

most likely, but hey since Marvel is crashing the industry, maybe we'll get another golden age of DC. The 90s had a lot of definitive runs and stories for DC.

>the reveal of Captain America being an agent of Hydra all along is pretty shocking, and people are already claiming that the reveal makes Rebirth look weak in comparison.

Why does the silent majority have such shitty taste in comics?

Actually, not so much.
Very few comics readers seem to make the transition from movies to comics, and it's more that comics readers who never branched out of certain characters go see them after a movie they saw and enjoyed.

But the actual number of people reading the comics of both Marvel and DC is depressingly low and consistent, a little bit less then 0.7% of the population of the United States.

sorry but I enjoyed Rebirth more than Nazi Cap and to think I thought the episode before I even ready any of those comics.

Also this

kek

>people are already claiming that the reveal makes Rebirth look weak in comparison.

Literally no one is saying this. 0/10.

see

so what are the chances that Cap being in Hydra was added as a last-ditch effort by Marvel to generate hype while Rebirth is popular?

It seems like the whole reveal came out of nowhere.

>Civil War 2 is really exciting
No, it's not.

>the reveal of Captain America is pretty shocking
No it's not.

>and people are already claiming that the reveal makes Rebirth look weak in comparison.
People on twitter?

>What do you think Marvel Now! will be like?
The same piece of crap than before, probably.

Shouldnt that have been revealed in Original Sin?
You know the story where all long kept and biggest secrets were revealed.

I know that there's no way I'm going to get a sincere answer here, and that's fine. I accept that. But I still have to ask: Is this an intentional, self-aware parody of shilling? Because it doesn't even come across as the sort of accidentally unsubtle shilling that companies try to slip into social media and hope to go undetected. It feels like someone making fun of professional shills by overblowing the lack of subtlety.

Surely this is intended as a kind of meta-level joke at the expense of clumsily inexpert shills, right?

let's make our top grossing superhero into a iredemable monster!

see:
2007 and Civil War with Iron Man
and this week with Captain America: Civil War with Cap.

it's like they actively hate new fan's money

Is Sam Wilson a grand wizard

>Civil War 2 is really exciting
Yay, Minority Report with Super Heroes. Those quick edits and changes sure show those leakers ammaright?

>the reveal of Captain America being an agent of Hydra all along is pretty shocking,
It's shit, it's click bait tier cliffhanger garbage. I was said this was gonna be the fucking "Anatomy Lesson" this feels like fucking One More Day.
>and people are already claiming that the reveal makes Rebirth look weak in comparison.
Literally nobody but Rich Johnston
>Death of X is on its way too.
Yay, more suffering for Mutants, gotta stop letting Fox get new ideas from our IPs
>Plus it looks like Marvel is planning a huge new event that might just dwarf Rebirth with their new Marvel Now! line.
Another fucking relaunch where half of there "Unique" and "Progressive" Books are cancelled by Issue 4

Shill harder Mouseketeer

>mouseketeer

what is this supposed to mean? why do I keep seeing this thrown around?

Pretty much this.
And I'll resent Disney forever for what they did to the X-Men.

Marvel is owned by Disney. Disney's mascot is a mouse named Mickey.

>tfw you haven't given Marvel your money in years

Feels good m8s

You're kidding, right? How old are you?

Rich, is that you?

>Marvel has seen that if people are angry they're talking about their comics and sales increase.
>Marvel is going to KILL in sales.

Except for post-Secret Wars.

>All these people replying to obvious bait thread

>And I'll resent Disney forever for what they did to the X-Men.

This would've happened even if Disney never bought out Marvel. Look at how X-Men was treated during the 00's pre-Disney.

>HUGE things for Marvel's future

they sell this lie a hundred times and hundreds morons like you fall for it

>implying Steve being Hydra won't be revealed to be a ruse/someone mind controlling Steve/it's not really Steve or any combination of those

Welcome to comic book readers. Even battered housewives hit a point where they have enough, we'll just sit here take it because they said it was gonna be different, they were gonna get their shit together this time around.

It was inevitable. How can a group that served as a metaphor for being different compete with characters who are pushed for actually being different(in color, race, sexual preference, whatever.) People were gonna look away whether you like it or not.

Keep it.

I think all of this looks great! I can't wait to see how they resolve that spoiler!

>bring back Steve cap.
>make him evil

Marvel is like the Kardashian family of comics, controversy and scandal are it's only talents.

DC leaving smudges all over their continuity by constantly taking an eraser to it is slightly better at this point.

>Shilling this hard
Do I only have to shill Marvel to get those Disney fun bucks? Sign me up!